Huddersfield Big game Build up

Dazza82

I’m hoping for a fast paced start where we blitz them in the first fifteen minutes and score at least two goals. The Northam goes wild and their intense support for the remainder of the match spurs the team on to a famous thrashing.

Is that too much to ask for?

Have you cracked open all of your Christmas booze already this morning?

I don't believe anyone picking McCarthy has actually seen him play. This 'must be better than Forster' thing is a ridiculous assumption.

Forster is limited, he's horribly slow to move around his goal and that's why Chelsea free kick would have been saved by most premier league keepers. But Forster remains capable of keeping clean sheets now and again. He's in the bottom 5 for premier league starters definitely, but McCarthy is several levels below. Awful signing.

It staggers me how the club have allowed this situation to happen. If McCarthy isn't good enough to replace a clearly out of sorts Forster, what the hell is he doing here? What would happen if Forster had an injury? McCarthy would play then, so give him a go now. I can't imagine he is going to cost us as many points as Forster has this season

It staggers me how the club have allowed this situation to happen. If McCarthy isn't good enough to replace a clearly out of sorts Forster, what the hell is he doing here? What would happen if Forster had an injury? McCarthy would play then, so give him a go now. I can't imagine he is going to cost us as many points as Forster has this season
We haven't really had good enough backup since we got promoted. It's bizarre really. Forster isn't great in the first place but if he gets a long term injury the we don't have someone like Stephens in that position who could step up and save us like he did last year at cb.

Without Cedric and Bertrand our line up looks bloody average.

They make a difference, don't they? Especially Bertrand (when he's not sulking).

Don't we have any youngsters who are fullbacks?

Pied? Targett? McQueen?

Could even PEH slot in?

He has featured in every game except one (Everton H), only Bertrand has played more minutes. He seems to have cast a spell over Reed/Pellegrino
I'm guessing the fact he is young and English has a lot to do with it. It looks good for the club if we can get players like that performing well so I expect that's why he gets a lot more chances than others.

Has he lost the plot???!

Redmond somehow starts. No Romeu or Hojbjerg, probably our best midfield pairing at the moment. So let’s play Davis who is badly out of form and unfit Lemina.

I don’t get it. I really don’t get it.

Probably saving them for Spurs away, a game we will lose anyway. Definitely lost it.

What an absolute tool.......no Hoj, no Romeu and no pace. This manager is a dud.....Tadic but no Boufal

He is so clueless he needs to go now. ABsolute f****** joke

If we lose today then hopefully he is gone. A draw the worst result here as it’ll prolong the slow death under this idiot manager.

Said and thought that for the last 5-10 games. No idea what the 'has to be sacked now' moment is anymore, relegation?

Completely agree but surely a loss against a team so poor away from home will be the straw that breaks the camels back? You never know with bumbling Les though - he won’t want to admit he’s made another dud appointment.

I know people didn’t like Puel’s rotation but at least there was some logic behind it.

There’s no logic to this at all.

The only thing I agree with is starting Austin. Definitely play Gabbiadini at Wembley.

I was no fan of Puel but he looks like Mourinho compared to Pellegrino. Reminds me of Burley when he lost the plot, endless changes and players out of position. For a man that was praised so widely for his diligence when we appointed him (Balague) there is absolutely no logic in these decisions or selections. You just can’t predict who is going to play. His treatment of Hojberg (who has been our best player when he has played) is absolutely baffling as is his constant selection of Tadic. Can only assume he thinks a “rotation” selection will be good enough and that our best team might get something against Spurs. The reality is this team is not necessarily good enough to beat Hudds and we’ll lose to Spurs no matter who we pick. Just risking points really.

I was no fan of Puel but he looks like Mourinho compared to Pellegrino. Reminds me of Burley when he lost the plot, endless changes and players out of position. For a man that was praised so widely for his diligence when we appointed him (Balague) there is absolutely no logic in these decisions or selections. You just can’t predict who is going to play. His treatment of Hojberg (who has been our best player when he has played) is absolutely baffling as is his constant selection of Tadic. Can only assume he thinks a “rotation” selection will be good enough and that our best team might get something against Spurs. The reality is this team is not necessarily good enough to beat Hudds and we’ll lose to Spurs no matter who we pick. Just risking points really.

Exactly ! Have said it before and say it again - it's just like Burley. How can he keep changing it like this and hope to succeed?