Huddersfield Big game Build up

Dazza82

This is a huge game for us and a must win game!

Also it looks as though both Cedric and Bertrand will be out for the majority of the Xmas period.

Team for me in this one

11a99bb165f9ed19a0658029ae616025.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would love to see this line up, trading Tadic for Targett, but it will never happen. MP is too stubborn on his 1 striker setup, I guess because it works so well for us.

This is my first game at St Mary’s since I left for Canada.

My last was a 3-0 home defeat by west Brom at the end of the 2012/13 season.

I’ve been looking forward to this game since June when I booked my flights but slowly my excitement has become less and less! Hoping we turn in a performance like the Everton game!

4-0 Saints

Please no McQueen he is dreadful and has no pace, at least Targett has some pace, 352 again, Van Dijk back in if he's committed, Ideally I would love to see the below starting lineup.

FF

Van Dijk Yoshi Hoedt

JWP Lemina Romeu Targett

Boufal

Austin Gabba

Do some fans just randomly pick a player to hate and then draw the reason out of a hat?

Would love to see us have a real go at them from the off, get the crowd into it, grab a couple of goals but I fear that approach is too risky for MoPe and his agenda of trying not to lose heavy, but somehow lose 1-0 to the only shot on target (usually from outside the box).

Come on Saints, ignore the negative **** and go balls to the wall!

Do some fans just randomly pick a player to hate and then draw the reason out of a hat?

Not too far off, someone will have a moan about a player then, a few others will join in, then someone with a regular posting history will put in their detrimental five penneth, which then qualifies said players Permanent rubbish abilities, thus achieving the sheep effect, where even if the player scored a perfect double hat-trick 2 weeks running every month, they would still be carp for the rest of the season, especially if they farted out key when bending over to adjust their shin pads.

Of course the bulk of the decision making of a players carpness is based on watching the games on a device able to pick up a dodgy stream of North American output, and not actually attending a game and observing the overall performance.

:D

Not too far off, someone will have a moan about a player then, a few others will join in, then someone with a regular posting history will put in their detrimental five penneth, which then qualifies said players Permanent rubbish abilities, thus achieving the sheep effect, where even if the player scored a perfect double hat-trick 2 weeks running every month, they would still be carp for the rest of the season, especially if they farted out key when bending over to adjust their shin pads.

Of course the bulk of the decision making of a players carpness is based on watching the games on a device able to pick up a dodgy stream of North American output, and not actually attending a game and observing the overall performance.

:D

Excuse me, would you mind not jumping up in front of me anytime anything happens please, I can't see what's going on? If Davis and Prowse scored 10 goals EACH in a SEASON, I would be quite happy. They can't at all, so they ARE shiiiite. As is "I will fall to the ground and hold my arms out" Forster. If the team's performances are appalling, then I am going to complain about that. Saints average wage is now £49,000 + a week. For that money, I will criticize them as often as they play shiiite. Play well and problem solved.

Excuse me, would you mind not jumping up in front of me anytime anything happens please, I can't see what's going on? If Davis and Prowse scored 10 goals EACH in a SEASON, I would be quite happy. They can't at all, so they ARE shiiiite. As is "I will fall to the ground and hold my arms out" Forster. If the team's performances are appalling, then I am going to complain about that. Saints average wage is now £49,000 + a week. For that money, I will criticize them as often as they play shiiite. Play well and problem solved.

SO you're the bugger kicking the back of my seat for 62 minutes at Home games!!!

Please no McQueen he is dreadful and has no pace, at least Targett has some pace, 352 again, Van Dijk back in if he's committed, Ideally I would love to see the below starting lineup.

FF

Van Dijk Yoshi Hoedt

JWP Lemina Romeu Targett

Boufal

Austin Gabba

So you're dropping Jack Stephens who I thought was hands down our best player in the back 3, if not the entire team against Chelsea. He was leading the defence as well, talking to Yoshi, JWP and Hoedt through the entire game.

There is no way I'd be dropping Stephens, when on form I think he is our best center half other than a committed VVD in his prime.

Forster

Stephens Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand

JWP Lemina Romeu Boufal

Gabbiadini

Austin

Would consider Tadic, VVD, Hojbjerg and Pied for inclusion. JWP gets in on the basis of giving the side a better balance rather than because I think he's one of our better players.

Assuming Cedric, Bertrand and Lemina won't be 100% fit (?), I'd go for....

--------------------- Forster -------------------------

------ Stephens ----- VvD --------- Yoshida -------

Pied --------------------------------------- McQueen

--------------------- Romeu -------------------------

--- Hojbjerg -------- Boufal ------------ Tadic ------

---------------------- Austin -------------------------

subs: McCarthy, Hoedt, JWP or Davis, Hesketh, Redmond, Gabbi, Long

Can't beat a traditional 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 1 formation :)

No mate, they have had an issue with a player for a while and are not adult enough to change the opinion despite

actual events proving the initial issue wrong... bit sad but some cannot help it.

And bizarrely they seem to think that slagging of an individual especially at a game will improve the performance and do not understand the concept that encouragement can help....

Got that weird feeling of 'if we win he'll stay and i think we'll go down', but if we lose i think he'll be sacked and won't go down.

Yet most of me still wants us to win as always.

t

I confess to once turning up wanting us to lose for this very reason, and it was Steve Wigley. Got my wish that he was sacked, but sadly we still went down! While we were in a worse position league table wise there are some uncomfortable parallels as that season we wasted a lot of very winnable home games before Xmas. While Harry had his faults for sure, the team he put together was much stronger after January but we had left things to late. So since then I vowed to be careful what you wish for!

This game is kind of a win win. Lose it and MP will be sacked. Win it and it will be three crucial points, hopefully on the road to him seeing the light about not changing the team too much, picking the right players, etc etc

This is my first game at St Mary’s since I left for Canada.

My last was a 3-0 home defeat by west Brom at the end of the 2012/13 season.

I’ve been looking forward to this game since June when I booked my flights but slowly my excitement has become less and less! Hoping we turn in a performance like the Everton game!

4-0 Saints

Sell the ticket and go see a panto!

So you're dropping Jack Stephens who I thought was hands down our best player in the back 3, if not the entire team against Chelsea. He was leading the defence as well, talking to Yoshi, JWP and Hoedt through the entire game.

There is no way I'd be dropping Stephens, when on form I think he is our best center half other than a committed VVD in his prime.

Have to disagree with this.. I like Stephens and he has bags of potential but looked out of his depth vs Chelsea and almost cost us 2 goals with mistakes he made.. I would put VVD back in for this one

I admire the OP's optimism with 2 up front but this manager has never ever shown any inclination to start with 2 up front and I don't see him changing it for this game.

He'll probably start with 1 up front, try to nick a goal and then go ultra defensive because he hasn't got a clue and doesn't care if he bores everyone senseless.