Paul Clement Sacked !

SOTONS EAST SIDE

The football world has gone crazy, every team at the lower end panics, then changes - Swansea = 6 managers in 2 years and they are now worse than they were before !

There is very little evidence that constant sacking is better than stability and it is certainly much more costly !

Fans are now so negative that managers are given only a few matches before their status is questioned !

One guarantee is that 3 teams will go down this year and in all probability they will have suffered from managerial disruption !

The grass is always greener, eh ?

The football world has gone crazy, every team at the lower end panics, then changes - Swansea = 6 managers in 2 years and they are now worse than they were before !

There is very little evidence that constant sacking is better than stability and it is certainly much more costly !

Fans are now so negative that managers are given only a few matches before their status is questioned !

One guarantee is that 3 teams will go down this year and in all probability they will have suffered from managerial disruption !

It certainly is for Palace, Everton and (to a lesser degree) West Ham.

Not great news for us - one of the few teams worse than us and probably the only team with a manager who is worse than ours.

Agreed - if and when they appoint Pulis they'll still have a good chance of surviving which removes one of the "dead certs for relegation". We need shot of Pell ASAP.

If it was your multi-million pound investment on the line, how edgy would you be right now? Would you be thinking, `we need stability and the grass isn't always greener. I am going to stick with this hand'? Or, would you be thinking `****, we are still bottom of the table and the £150m a season income we rely on to pay these players on long term contracts could disappear overnight leaving us with a huge back hole in our finances and the possibility that we then need to invest more money just to get back where we are, rather than make a profit from our initial investment'. Seriously, if you were really wearing one of those 100 or so new owners shoes, what would you do?

SSN: Swansea City are interested in talking to Ronald Koeman and Slaven Bilic over replacing Paul Clement, according to Sky sources. We understand Tony Pulis is not a candidate the club are pursuing.

According to Sky sources, Koeman NOT interested. Whether that is a negotiating stance of "tempt me, Swansea, make it worth my while" we will see.

According to Sky sources, Koeman NOT interested. Whether that is a negotiating stance of "tempt me, Swansea, make it worth my while" we will see.

If reports are to be believed he wouldn't even speak to West Ham so I'd put his chances of going to Swansea pretty low.

Koeman claimed a few weeks ago that he had offers right after leaving Everton but turned them down because he was still coming to terms with getting sacked. The article also claims that he has not sold his house in England because he feels he has unfinished business in the PL:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/axed-everton-boss-ronald-koeman-11627965

Koeman claimed a few weeks ago that he had offers right after leaving Everton but turned them down because he was still coming to terms with getting sacked. The article also claims that he has not sold his house in England because he feels he has unfinished business in the PL:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/axed-everton-boss-ronald-koeman-11627965

Doubt if Swansea are saveable anyway.

West Brom and West Ham... Not exactly the most appealing of job offers.

He'll hold out for a club in better position... Could see him at Newcastle if they stay up, have some money to spend and Rafa goes.

Agent hinted he was keen before MP Mark 1 (the talented one) left us and SFC job vacant. Can't see him fancying the job now though. Looks like LVG not keen and Bilic wanted a break.

If it was your multi-million pound investment on the line, how edgy would you be right now? Would you be thinking, `we need stability and the grass isn't always greener. I am going to stick with this hand'? Or, would you be thinking `****, we are still bottom of the table and the £150m a season income we rely on to pay these players on long term contracts could disappear overnight leaving us with a huge back hole in our finances and the possibility that we then need to invest more money just to get back where we are, rather than make a profit from our initial investment'. Seriously, if you were really wearing one of those 100 or so new owners shoes, what would you do?

The fear of losing money is more likely to lead to bad decision making rather than good !

The chances of Swansea or WBA staying up, having changed manager is no better than Huddersfield or Bournemouth who probably won’t ! Last year Hull and Sunderland changed and both went down. The year before all 3 relegated teams, Villa, Norwich & Newcastle did the same !

Best recent example of stability is Burnley who even stuck with their boss after relegation!

The only guarantee is that 3 teams will go down and more than likely some of them will have rolled the dice !

Clearly it is not an exact science but as I said before, there is no evidence that knee jerk reactions are of any benefit!