Saints 1 Huddersfield 1 - Post Match

St Chalet

Well we didn’t lose, but draws against these sort of sides at home are not good enough. We are unlikely to get squat at Spurs or United and suddenly the Palace game looks a six pointer.

It's Christmas. We've not improved one bit since day one of the season and we've now got injuries to three key players. Whilst the injuries are not the managers fault, the poor performances are. These players are capable of better. Act now. Get rid of the clueless ***** and let's start a fresh in Jan and try and salvage something from this season.

Get him out now and we might just stay up !

That's it in four words..."get him out now". Should have pocketed three points but a dross performance, overseen by a crap Manager, picking the wrong side in a very winnable fixture. Lemina head and shoulders above every other Saints player.

How many straight defeats for Marco Silva now?

You’re not really well placed to advise on managerial appointments.

I didn’t want silva. I think he’s a decent manager and would have been much better for us than MoPo... looks like I was probably right.

I cannot believe how poor we are.....we are going backwards and this group of players should not be as bad they are playing.

Looks like there is a LOT wrong at our club and changing managers won't resolve them all - but MP was an absolutely terrible appointment and we are down with him in charge.

Awful team selections, awful tactics and incapable of changing a game.

Terrible draw, needed to get 2 points.

Austin should have made it 2-1 for the brace. Then again he did score and he does create chances, so I can't get too down on him. However now that he's out for a while where will the goals come from?

Tadic and Redmond were very poor. Yes Redmond had that one nice run, but the rest was crap. Tadic's best play is faking and falling down, but the ref's seem to be on to him now and ignore it.

Boufal, especially with Austin out, needs to play every match

Who did you want then from the start, was it fat sam then?

Nope, I wanted Fat Sam when I saw we were in deep trouble (about a month ago)

I wanted us to persuade Tuchel other than that, wasn’t really sure. But certainly didn’t write silva off just because he’d relegated...

Bye bye MoPo.

Not a great deal left out there now though. Taken too long to pull the trigger, should have taken BFS when we had the chance.

I wouldn't ever want BFS in charge at Southampton. But if asked the question, "would we be doing much better if he had been in charge for the past 5 or 6 games?" the answer would be a resounding yes. Even if I wouldn't want him as boss, it certainly hints that we can do much better than what we've got at the moment.

Frank de Boer? :lol:

Nope, I wanted Fat Sam when I saw we were in deep trouble (about a month ago)

I wanted us to persuade Tuchel other than that, wasn’t really sure. But certainly didn’t write silva off just because he’d relegated...

Yep Tuchel for me too.

Didnt rate Silva and still don`t sorry, but never ever want fat sam....

We do have a much better goal difference than everyone around us.

If Austin hadn’t missed or Yoshida had been a bit luckier than we would’ve won. We were the only team trying to win at the end.

I don’t think we’ll get relegated, but 4 wins all season isn’t good enough.

Very disappointing :(

We looked awful at the start and Tadic and Redmond were as bad as they've ever been while Davis, Lemina and Yoshi didn't cover themselves in glory.

Hoedt, Targett, JWP, Charlie and Forster did well, in what seemed an odd starting 11.

Such fine margins - Yoshi's header hitting the goalie head after the post was such a fluke......on any other day that would have gone in off the keeper,

and we would have the win.

I can see us getting 1 point [more would be nice] out of the next two games, and it will depend on how badly others do as to whether we stay safe.

Realistically the manager isn't going anywhere and there aren't any better options.

Maybe a new coach can make a difference?

Have to say Katharina sold up at just the right time.

The new owner needs to sack Reed and MP. Sell VVD and bring in a goal scorer. Also, try and sell a few of our players.

And I am so glad I gave up my St after last season I think I'd be asking for a refund if I had ! Leon Crouch told me the Chinese "Crooks" have no interest in football just earning a few quid from the premier league.

Liverpool game aside, we’ve done OK against the bigger teams. Either drawn or lost by one. So let’s not write off our chances just yet, although I can’t say I’m optimistic. But we’ll see, football’s a funny old game.

If Harry Kane gets a yellow card then he’s suspended for our match.