Open letter to the board

Bad Wolf

Dear Southampton Football Club,

I am writing to you as a loyal supporter and former season ticket holder. I held a season ticket for five years and attended every home game for a further year. In the 2008/09 season I attended every game, home and away, league and cup bar two. Charlton at home (I had a terrible cold and my mother took my season ticket) and Blackpool away due to a friend's birthday. I have been there for the highs and the lows and having started supporting Saints (and developing an interest in football) in May 2005, I am delighted that I am a supporter of a stable, solid Premier League club.

In all my time of supporting Saints I have NEVER called for a manager to be sacked. Even those I lost patience with, I have supported throughout. I was absolutely dismayed at the decision to sack Claude Puel, having led us to 8th place and a cup final and remain a big advicate of his however, I am writing this in the hope that you will hear our call and sack Maurcio Pellegrino.

For the first time ever, I am campaigning with the passion and emotion, that I follow Saints with, to dismiss the manager. Having just listened to the Huddersfield Town game on Radio Solent, via Saintsplayer, I can report that I have never felt so deflated or disinterested in Saints or their goings on. I now live someway from St Mary's and it is harder for me to get to games so I watch any televised games, listen to those that aren't and while at work, take a sneaky look at my phone every now and again. This is absolutely dire. There is no doubt that, under Claude Puel, the football was dull. I understand that and agree with that however under Claude Puel we ended the season with the afour mentioned achievements. Are we going to get to a cup final? No. Are we going to finish 8th place? I very much doubt it. We are heading towards relegation.

I do not want to see my football club relegated for the third time in my life. Mauricio cannot help the injuries to his full backs. That is fair enough but the team selections, subsitutions and lack of desire from the team have been underhwhelming to say the least.

I have my ideas as to who should suceed Mauricio however that is the decision of the board. One of which there are many variables to and serve no purpose naming. At this point, I feel that there are very few managers who would be a worse option than Pellegrino.

I urge you to relieve Maurcio Pellegrino of his managerial duties before it's too little, too late.

Yours Sincerally,

Frustrated and loyal Saint.

You always know when times are bad when helmets start writing open letters to the board :lol:

Didn't someone write an open letter to the board when we missed out on the League One title? I understand that, that was your sarcastic point but please don't compare me to people like that.

Like I said, I have never called for a manager to be sacked before.

I am writing to you as a loyal supporter and former season ticket holder. I held a season ticket for five years and attended every home game for a further year. In the 2008/09 season I attended every game, home and away, league and cup bar two. Charlton at home (I had a terrible cold and my mother took my season ticket) and Blackpool away due to a friend's birthday. I have been there for the highs and the lows and having started supporting Saints (and developing an interest in football) in May 2005, I am delighted that I am a supporter of a stable, solid Premier League club.

In all my time of supporting Saints I have NEVER called for a manager to be sacked. Even those I lost patience with, I have supported throughout. I was absolutely dismayed at the decision to sack Claude Puel, having led us to 8th place and a cup final and remain a big advicate of his however, I am writing this in the hope that you will hear our call and sack Maurcio Pellegrino.

For the first time ever, I am campaigning with the passion and emotion, that I follow Saints with, to dismiss the manager. Having just listened to the Huddersfield Town game on Radio Solent, via Saintsplayer, I can report that I have never felt so deflated or disinterested in Saints or their goings on. I now live someway from St Mary's and it is harder for me to get to games so I watch any televised games, listen to those that aren't and while at work, take a sneaky look at my phone every now and again. This is absolutely dire. There is no doubt that, under Claude Puel, the football was dull. I understand that and agree with that however under Claude Puel we ended the season with the afour mentioned achievements. Are we going to get to a cup final? No. Are we going to finish 8th place? I very much doubt it. We are heading towards relegation.

I do not want to see my football club relegated for the third time in my life. Mauricio cannot help the injuries to his full backs. That is fair enough but the team selections, subsitutions and lack of desire from the team have been underhwhelming to say the least.

I have my ideas as to who should suceed Mauricio however that is the decision of the board. One of which there are many variables to and serve no purpose naming. At this point, I feel that there are very few managers who would be a worse option than Pellegrino.

I urge you to relieve Maurcio Pellegrino of his managerial duties before it's too little, too late.

Yours Sincerally,

You utter f**kwit!

I always feel a bit sorry for those supporters who post their heart felt feelings like Instant Classic has just done as I just know that a bunch of moronic idiots

will try to flame him. These part time fans obviously just don't care as much about Saints as the OP. They can never manage to post a reasoned argument

against the OP and think that they are being a "hard man" whom everyone else will admire. The truth is of course totally opposite they just show that they

have no ability to hold an intelligent conversation and don't really care what happens to Saints. More people that they would like just laugh AT not with them.

They shouldn't bother to even watch Football let alone try and inflict themselves on any team.

I always feel a bit sorry for those supporters who post their heart felt feelings like Instant Classic has just done as I just know that a bunch of moronic idiots

will try to flame him. These part time fans obviously just don't care as much about Saints as the OP. They can never manage to post a reasoned argument

against the OP and think that they are being a "hard man" whom everyone else will admire. The truth is of course totally opposite they just show that they

have no ability to hold an intelligent conversation and don't really care what happens to Saints. More people that they would like just laugh AT not with them.

They shouldn't bother to even watch Football let alone try and inflict themselves on any team.

No, it’s just outright stupid and a waste of time.

Do you seriously think they board will read that letter? And if they happen to, do you honestly think they’d take action based on 1 fans letter?

Yours Sincerally,

Would’ve been a better use of my time to have had a **** than read this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You always know when times are bad when helmets start writing open letters to the board [emoji38]
Especially when most 'open letters' are read by everybody except those that they are aimed at.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No, it’s just outright stupid and a waste of time.

Do you seriously think they board will read that letter? And if they happen to, do you honestly think they’d take action based on 1 fans letter?

Writing the letter is more of an act of frustration rather than anything else . Does tearing into another poster make you feel good ? You feel superior ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Writing the letter is more of an act of frustration rather than anything else . Does tearing into another poster make you feel good ? You feel superior ?

You're right. It was emotion and frustration. Of course I don't expect them to act based on what I say. I'd be worried if they did. It was just a "getting it off my chest" type thing more than anything.

Sorry if I've somehow offended anyone.

You're right. It was emotion and frustration. Of course I don't expect them to act based on what I say. I'd be worried if they did. It was just a "getting it off my chest" type thing more than anything.

Sorry if I've somehow offended anyone.

Unfortunately Turkish lives for this type of thing . Don't be ashamed of caring about the team . I find it increasingly difficult to stay up til 11pm to watch a team that is such a mess

Yours Sincerally,

This needs to be gold framed and locked in the vault with the rest of the classic posts.

Yours Sincerally,

You don't seem to be a loyal supporter at all

You just seem to want to be a supporter of team that performs well all the time.

Of course I don't want the team to be relegated and it probably wont be but three teams will be and one day it well be SFC.

I have been following SFC for nearly sixty years and in that time only Everton and Arsenal have played exclusively in the top division so all the others have been relegated that's football.

Football is a team game and it is unlikely that a team's bad form is down to one individual.

I don't think Pellegrino was a good choice but most managers have good and bad periods that's football

You don't seem to be a loyal supporter at all

You just seem to want to be a supporter of team that performs well all the time.

Of course I don't want the team to be relegated and it probably wont be but three teams will be and one day it well be SFC.

I have been following SFC for nearly sixty years and in that time only Everton and Arsenal have played exclusively in the top division so all the others have been relegated that's football.

Football is a team game and it is unlikely that a team's bad form is down to one individual.

I don't think Pellegrino was a good choice but most managers have good and bad periods that's football

Excellent post, couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Didn't someone write an open letter to the board when we missed out on the League One title? I understand that, that was your sarcastic point but please don't compare me to people like that.

Like I said, I have never called for a manager to be sacked before.

Apart from letter being completely cringeworthy you also admit that in 2009 you breached ground and ticketing regulations by giving your ticket to a third party. The use of a ticket by someone other than the person named on it is prohibited by Southampton FC even if you did have a really bad cold. I suggest you hope no one at club reads this letter as you may be subject to a ban.

Apart from letter being completely cringeworthy you also admit that in 2009 you breached ground and ticketing regulations by giving your ticket to a third party. The use of a ticket by someone other than the person named on it is prohibited by Southampton FC even if you did have a really bad cold. I suggest you hope no one at club reads this letter as you may be subject to a ban.

:mcinnes:

5 years a season ticket holder... that is big time.

I love the way the whole thing starts with a paragraph of self justification ...’I’ve been to a few games for a few years... here’s the eveidence...therefore the next thing I’m about to write is REALLY important, justified and you must listen.’

Who cares?

Why can’t people write closed letters and spare us this bull shine. What is it with football and “open letters” ffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably short of the price of a stamp, cos unsolicited e-mails, well who actually reads them anyway. Not to mention those of which the author can't even spell sincerely to boot.

Edited by Window Cleaner