Spurs v Saints Thread

Heisenberg

Okay so we're playing as we have done in recent weeks - a few things that stand out. Jack Stephens is having an absolute shocker, positionally he's so far behind the play and can't read anything, they keep picking out free men time and time again like for the second goal.

Oriel Romeu seems half the player he was last season, the man marking on Kane was simply embaressing he didn't even try and jump! or put his body on the line.

Holgberg and Targett are our best players currently, both working so hard and Holberg is trying his best to support Long and play a defensive role as well.

Boufal shows the best and worst - he almost scores and has a couple of lovely passes, but then his pass to Targett was an absolute disaster and a few other nonsense balls.

Shane Long doing what Shane Long does and working hard.

But overall we're simply not good enough to hang and live with any team that is worth their salt, this should be more than enough evidence that Pellegrino is not the man for the job. The sooner he's sacked the more we'll see players like Romeu looking "themselves" again, the problem is more than belief the players simply aren't proud to be in a side managed by this joker.

Targett a rare bright spot.

This but we are seriously in a crisis here , top scorer injured and banned ,best player sold and not playing , manager seemingly clueless to how or who he wants to play and an owner who we haven't heard a word from since he got his loan to buy us ! Now I'm really wondering why the premier league changed their rules on new owners after he slipped thru their last lot of rules !?

I think the management will write off the game against Man Utd and then sack Pellegrino to start the New Year, i think these two games following the Huddersfield defeat will simply mark the end of Pellegrino. You can tell the players just know that a change at the top is coming, and play as if they expect to lose.

I’ve resisted a manager out stance, but this is just terrible. I don’t entirely blame the Manager because Reed has royally screwed up by buying such poor quality in Redmond and Long (for example) AND appointing the wrong manager AGAIN. If this doesn’t end up in significant changes in January I’ll be amazed.

Until an arrogant board stop thinking they are headed for the Champions League with the current football leadership then we will continue bumbling along. Rees hasn’t no idea what it take so to get success and neither do the board. And by success, this is to be the best we can be, not about being ready for the Champions League, as that isn’t happening any time soon.

Much as it doesn't surprise me, I don't see how you can blame Forster for the first goal. Lack of marking was the problem.

We are toilet though. No plan or identity throughout the team.

I have no coaching badges, played to parks level only and not for 20 years but I reckon I could do a better job of sorting the defence out than MP. To leave Kane unmarked in the 6 yard box was absolutely pathetic!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think the management will write off the game against Man Utd and then sack Pellegrino to start the New Year, i think these two games following the Huddersfield defeat will simply mark the end of Pellegrino. You can tell the players just know that a change at the top is coming, and play as if they expect to lose.

He has to go before the Man. U. game - I don't care if Dave Watson is caretaker for that game, but Pellegrino has to go now.

Pellegrino is an utter f***** w******r. Setting up for a lucky 0-0 draw: I remember when we attacked teams and tried to win.

Shane bloody Long - wtf?

My missus got up early here in the US to watch the game - I told her she was crazy and went back to sleep. Would never have happened before this season.

PLayers have given up - Earle and Mustoe have just said this is the worst Saints team they can remember and that the players look like they don't care.

If EVERYONE can see this why on earth are the Board silent and not acting? He should have been fired weeks ago. Absolutely terrible appointment from Reed and co.....and likely to result in relegation.

Poor defending for both of Kane's goals. Should have had 3 CBs as I said, with Pied as RB. I am also amazed that with Hojberg, Lemina and Romeu in the middle, we are not more solid, but Romeu has been poor and Lemina has been largely anonymous. Redmond has been better when he has been on the right, Boufal has been his typical self. Now that we are two down, we might as well go for it and put two up front, but if the maestro genius decides to do that, it certainly won't be with half the match to go; he'll wait until 10 minutes from the end when we're four down, or he'll bring on Gabbiadini for Long.

I'm pretty resigned to hoping that Spurs put 6 or 7 past us, provided that it results in Pellegrino getting the bullet.

Forster - is he actually OK? I mean does he have a medical condition or something?

Stephens - completely out of his depth as a defender at this level.

Yoshida and Hoedt - Fonte / Lovren. Alderweirald / Fonte. Van Dijk and Fonte. Enough said.

Targett - only relative positive. Good player. Will be excellent for us in the second division.

Romeu / Hojbjerg - OK and not the main problem.

Lemina - clearly not fully fit or is fed up already. I blame the manager either way

Long - every good touch is followed by a shocker.

Redmond - will only ever be OK.

Boufal - frustrating but potentially our best player so we ought to be building an attacking plan around him, not shunting him around and picking him sporadically.

Pellegrino - clueless.

Reed is accountable for this mess more than anyone else. The man is clueless and is now too pig headed to admit he was wrong again in his appointment and instead of putting his hands in the air and admitting the error he digs in and is prepared to see the club drop like stone.

The bloke is an utter tool.

Okay so we're playing as we have done in recent weeks - a few things that stand out. Jack Stephens is having an absolute shocker, positionally he's so far behind the play and can't read anything, they keep picking out free men time and time again like for the second goal.

Oriel Romeu seems half the player he was last season, the man marking on Kane was simply embaressing he didn't even try and jump! or put his body on the line.

Holgberg and Targett are our best players currently, both working so hard and Holberg is trying his best to support Long and play a defensive role as well.

Boufal shows the best and worst - he almost scores and has a couple of lovely passes, but then his pass to Targett was an absolute disaster and a few other nonsense balls.

Shane Long doing what Shane Long does and working hard.

But overall we're simply not good enough to hang and live with any team that is worth their salt, this should be more than enough evidence that Pellegrino is not the man for the job. The sooner he's sacked the more we'll see players like Romeu looking "themselves" again, the problem is more than belief the players simply aren't proud to be in a side managed by this joker.

You forgot to mention him:

800px-Bonzini_style_table_goalkeeper.jpg