Something big happening

manji

Judging on how animated Pellegrino was in the 2nd half, more than he has since he has been here, I reckon he was told he needed to win that game no excuses!

Which makes his team selection very strange. I just hope the club have someone lined up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Judging on how animated Pellegrino was in the 2nd half, more than he has since he has been here, I reckon he was told he needed to win that game no excuses!

Which makes his team selection very strange. I just hope the club have someone lined up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can see what MP was doing with that team selection, in particular, the midfield. At home, there's less need to set up defensively against a side like Huddersfield. Davis and Lemina are a bit more forward looking than Romeu and PEH. Playing them gave us a bit more threat from CM without sacrificing our shape.

Of course, one could quibble whether MP should have just started the best players at his disposal, regardless of the opponent or have been bolder by playing a second striker. But there was a clear rationale to MP's team selection.

I imagine Les is going through, at length, all the information we have on the multiple candidates we have for our impending managerial vacancy. After all, we have tracking and monitoring them all for three or four years.

Edited by CB Fry

I imagine Led is going through, at length, all the information we have on the multiple candidates we have for our impending managerial vacancy. After all, we have tracking and monitoring them all for three or four years.

Currently going through this list with a fine toothcomb I'd imagine

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

You can see what MP was doing with that team selection, in particular, the midfield. At home, there's less need to set up defensively against a side like Huddersfield. Davis and Lemina are a bit more forward looking than Romeu and PEH. Playing them gave us a bit more threat from CM without sacrificing our shape.

Of course, one could quibble whether MP should have just started the best players at his disposal, regardless of the opponent or have been bolder by playing a second striker. But there was a clear rationale to MP's team selection.

Except it wasn't working. The central midfield had big holes that any half decent manager would have noticed and plugged. It was crying out for Hoj to add his skills and Redmond to be swapped for Boufal because we needed to press home our advantage and take the game away. But once again MP couldn't see that and doesn't have the balls to put the game out of reach. Rather, he resorts to caution and we end up conceding again. It's pathetic really. It was so blindingly obvious to most of the stadium but not the one that matters. We needed three points here as you don't get anything for narrow losses against the big teams. MP seems to think you do. He has to go - and should have gone four weeks ago really. We're dicing with death even more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except it wasn't working. The central midfield had big holes that any half decent manager would have noticed and plugged. It was crying out for Hoj to add his skills and Redmond to be swapped for Boufal because we needed to press home our advantage and take the game away. But once again MP couldn't see that and doesn't have the balls to put the game out of reach. Rather, he resorts to caution and we end up conceding again. It's pathetic really. It was so blindingly obvious to most of the stadium but not the one that matters. We needed three points here as you don't get anything for narrow losses against the big teams. MP seems to think you do. He has to go - and should have gone four weeks ago really. We're dicing with death even more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very accurate post...

We are not in three competitions we are in one! Play your strongest team and stop pretending you know what you doing Pellegrino... All the evidence tells us his theories do not work both in results and in the lack of structures organisation of play. What I saw players doing today alone was a sackable offence by the Manager.

A clown...

I imagine Les is going through, at length, all the information we have on the multiple candidates we have for our impending managerial vacancy. After all, we have tracking and monitoring them all for three or four years.

Yes, he’s quite the sucker for due diligence.

This is a very accurate post...

We are not in three competitions we are in one! Play your strongest team and stop pretending you know what you doing Pellegrino... All the evidence tells us his theories do not work both in results and in the lack of structures organisation of play. What I saw players doing today alone was a sackable offence by the Manager.

A clown...

Excellent and accurate post