Something big happening

manji

Think the car crash with Season Ticket sales had an influence, coupled with turgid football that any fool could see wasn't helping the product.

If last season was a car crash then we're on for a pile up at the end of this one. There are clearly many empty seat at SMS and quite rightly people are going to think twice about going or renewing the ST's. I don't buy in to all this plastic fan rubbish. I love watching Saints but quite frankly when we are being served up such tripe and forced to pay a kings ransom for the privilege there comes a point when enough is enough.

If last season was a car crash then we're on for a pile up at the end of this one. There are clearly many empty seat at SMS and quite rightly people are going to think twice about going or renewing the ST's. I don't buy in to all this plastic fan rubbish. I love watching Saints but quite frankly when we are being served up such tripe and forced to pay a kings ransom for the privilege there comes a point when enough is enough.

I have plenty of other things I could do, I have been going to Saints since 1978, maybe it's an age thing but the way things have been going since RK walked out the door, I am pondering if I want to cough up another £1000+ To watch half aR$ed football next season. I know folks who been going longer than me, and have walked away since the return to the Premier League all of them have said as each week passed not going became easier.

I have plenty of other things I could do, I have been going to Saints since 1978, maybe it's an age thing but the way things have been going since RK walked out the door, I am pondering if I want to cough up another £1000+ To watch half aR$ed football next season. I know folks who been going longer than me, and have walked away since the return to the Premier League all of them have said as each week passed not going became easier.

JBS,I have similar feelings, and I know a lot of others that do as well. Not sure what their reasons are, but think it might well be an age thing. For me, it is also to do with the ever increasing unevenness of the playing field due to the amount of money that some spend. All these people bigging up the PL, when really it is basically down to how much money a club spends (wages & transfers).

This season I have turned up at SMS with an over riding feeling of ambivalence towards football. If we survive this season, I will likely renew one more time so that I can go with my son. His circumstances will change the season after that, so I reckon I probably won't renew. If we get relegated this season, then I guess there's not a huge demand to renew. As it is, half the people around me have moved, and I sit next to a new face every game, most seemingly from over seas. The banter has largely gone.

Emergency meeting to discuss transfer targets, both managers recently have proven this squad is overrated and lacks depth, Puel was smart and played 2 DMs who were told to protect back 4 all game to avoid defeat, MP tells them to attack and be more creative but problem is creative players are awful.

I hope this board meeting if true has discussed we need to sign a Winger, unrealistic I know but if we had Zaha as a example instead of Redmond I really think we would have more wins then we currently do.

Board if they want to finish top 10 need to spend 25-30 million on a winger and slowly introduce Sims back into the squad, not saying he's the answer but he can't be more inconsistent then Boufal, Redmond and Tadic.

Austin injury and or ban is not great either, Gabba needs to step up over the next 3 games, and the big one being Palace at home.

I would have thought we had our targets already lined up as the deficiencies in the team are obvious to all. It shouldn't take an emergency meeting to work it out.

Probably if it's done by committee it does require an emergency meeting to get everyone in agreement. Add in the recent omission of VVD, maybe a deal is on the table for him, and they are finalising the deals to get the players in before the price goes up off the back of a £50m+ deal......... Just so long as if it is this scenario we ain't running round like kids in a sweet shop just as Spurs did with the Bale money buying allsorts of tat, piddling oodles of cash up the wall in the process.

Yeah like there going to pump VVD money back into squad, we may get another 10m cm but that money's going straight into Gao's bank. Who can blame him, if we drop into championship what are we worth then

Becuase it would be really short sited by the owner he will get a lot more money in the long term by keeping our PL status so he needs to invest Inna squad that is clearly lacking in quality.

Emergency meeting to discuss transfer targets, both managers recently have proven this squad is overrated and lacks depth, Puel was smart and played 2 DMs who were told to protect back 4 all game to avoid defeat, MP tells them to attack and be more creative but problem is creative players are awful.

I hope this board meeting if true has discussed we need to sign a Winger, unrealistic I know but if we had Zaha as a example instead of Redmond I really think we would have more wins then we currently do.

Board if they want to finish top 10 need to spend 25-30 million on a winger and slowly introduce Sims back into the squad, not saying he's the answer but he can't be more inconsistent then Boufal, Redmond and Tadic.

Austin injury and or ban is not great either, Gabba needs to step up over the next 3 games, and the big one being Palace at home.

100% this.

No, the club were absolutely wrong to appoint Puel in summer 2016. This is why we're in the doldrums.
I don't believe so. it was the club not buying a forward. Puel had us playing some bloody good football, but our inability to score made the fans frustrated. We need the rush of the feeling when we score and we went cold turkey.

The fans didn't take to Puel because his interviews ere bad, they want someone who gives a quip. The club were stupid not to have put forward others to do the interviews

Puel will be a great success at Leicester and will build a decent team.

I don't believe so. it was the club not buying a forward. Puel had us playing some bloody good football, but our inability to score made the fans frustrated. We need the rush of the feeling when we score and we went cold turkey.

The fans didn't take to Puel because his interviews ere bad, they want someone who gives a quip. The club were stupid not to have put forward others to do the interviews

Puel will be a great success at Leicester and will build a decent team.

Utter rubbish. The football was turgid dross.

Puel has inherited a bloody good squad at Leicester even Ineacho who many wanted us to sign hardly plays.

Sacking Puel was right bringing in Pellegrino wasnt.

After Pardew. Adkins , Poch and Koeman success were the fans wrong to expect better?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Puel has inherited a bloody good squad at Leicester even Ineacho who many wanted us to sign hardly plays.

After Pardew. Adkins , Poch and Koeman success were the fans wrong to expect better?

The games I watched were not turgid rubbish. He was left without a player who could put the ball in the net. If he had this summer to have brought a couple of players in, we would be up there in the league. We created loads of chances but just didn't scoer.You are blinkered if you don't think we played a lot of turgid rubbish. We went about 12 games of crap under RK

The games I watched were not turgid rubbish. He was left without a player who could put the ball in the net. If he had this summer to have brought a couple of players in, we would be up there in the league. We created loads of chances but just didn't scoer.You are blinkered if you don't think we played a lot of turgid rubbish. We went about 12 games of crap under RK

you didn’t go to the last six home matches of last season ? That really was turgid rubbish, pre cup final yeah, I can see what you are saying, but the last third of the season the home matches were shocking.

The last 8 games at home were abysmal. The Europa games bar first 2.

Puel was asked to change by his bosses he refused if you did that would you keep your job?

Away he was good but at home useless.

He now has Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, Gray Slimani, King and Albrighton any of which would walk in our side. He is doing well.

you didn’t go to the last six home matches of last season ? That really was turgid rubbish, pre cup final yeah, I can see what you are saying, but the last third of the season the home matches were shocking.
I didn't go to the last 6 home games and I understand your frustration, but put it into context, it was down to us not scoring. I wish I had the nous to put up the highlights of those games, I suggest in all those games we created at least 3-5 decent chances. I f we had scored, the games feel a lot better. Ive been to many awful games over the years, but as we had won 1-0 things didn't seem that bad on the way home. The social media is an ew thing to football, and I was reading the FB saints page and it was like on here, a few with very strong anti views pushing their own agendas. I read about us under forer managers as though we were playing like Man City or Barca under them, no we were dire quite a lot. I could see that Puel was going to build something special, and whilst it means SFA on here, here gave me memories during the cup run that none of the recent managers will ever live up to. I was able to take my daughters to a Cup Final, something that I am ever likely to do again.

So as far as I'm concerned the toxic fans re Puel are wrong, and I wish him tremendous success at Leicester, with their fanbase they might accept a person who doesn't speak the language poorly and give him a chance.

Puel was asked to change by his bosses he refused if you did that would you keep your job?

He now has Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, Gray Slimani, King and Albrighton any of which would walk in our side. He is doing well.

We were told by the club that they asked him to change. Why change anyway, he was only just getting us to adapt to the style.

As for those players you mention, I don't agree that they are any better than ours, except Vardy and Mahrez, and I suspect there are many days they are rubbish as well. Fans from afar would say the same about a lot of our players getting into their team.

King and Slimani wouldn’t walk into our team in a million years. And Albrighton, Okazaki and even Gray are debatable.

So what your saying in effect is Puel could be a good manager with a better squad like Leicester? so instead of sacking Puel maybe we should have improved the squad for him?

There were enough of us pointing out the squad wasn't good enough last season but people wouldn't have it and yet different manager same squad and we are still ****.

I wouldn't shed a tear if MoPe was sacked but nothing is really going to change until the squad gets an overhaul and some serious investment.

I didn't go to the last 6 home games and I understand your frustration, but put it into context, it was down to us not scoring. I wish I had the nous to put up the highlights of those games, I suggest in all those games we created at least 3-5 decent chances. I f we had scored, the games feel a lot better. Ive been to many awful games over the years, but as we had won 1-0 things didn't seem that bad on the way home. The social media is an ew thing to football, and I was reading the FB saints page and it was like on here, a few with very strong anti views pushing their own agendas. I read about us under forer managers as though we were playing like Man City or Barca under them, no we were dire quite a lot. I could see that Puel was going to build something special, and whilst it means SFA on here, here gave me memories during the cup run that none of the recent managers will ever live up to. I was able to take my daughters to a Cup Final, something that I am ever likely to do again.

So as far as I'm concerned the toxic fans re Puel are wrong, and I wish him tremendous success at Leicester, with their fanbase they might accept a person who doesn't speak the language poorly and give him a chance.

We missed three penalties in that bad run at the end of the season two of which would have arguably won us those games and given us 6 more points.

can't see MoPo getting sacked on Christmas Eve!! the papers would love that!

Can't see him being sacked until we have someone else lined up, because we really don't have anyone now who can act as caretaker for a game or two. Hopefully we will have someone in place before the end of the year though.

He's had time; he's been given half a season now and it's simply not good enough. We still have a decent enough squad here and he isn't getting the best out of them.

The problem now is in a weeks time even the media will have finally realised we are in the thick of the relegation battle. A new manager should have been brought in before the Spurs game at least in order to prepare for Palace.

Les Reed has failed to act quickly again. The whole problem has stemmed from him taking three weeks to sack Puel. He should have gone the day after the season ended.

Les Reed you are in danger now ofdl destroying the good work of the last five years. MP HAS TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry ****ing christmas

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think they’ll give him the rest of the Xmas period. Nobody expects much from the next two games and we really have it all set up in our favour for the Palace game (extra day’s rest etc). Incidentally, we’d be less than impressed as supporters if we had to play Sunday, Tuesday while our opponents played Saturday, Tuesday.

With the cup after I reckon the axe will fall if we don’t beat Palace.

I think they’ll give him the rest of the Xmas period. Nobody expects much from the next two games and we really have it all set up in our favour for the Palace game (extra day’s rest etc). Incidentally, we’d be less than impressed as supporters if we had to play Sunday, Tuesday while our opponents played Saturday, Tuesday.

With the cup after I reckon the axe will fall if we don’t beat Palace.

I don’t know why because on recent performances this won’t happen but I just have a funny feeling we will get a result in one of our next two away games. Spurs seem to be in form so perhaps not them but Man Utd aren’t playing well at the moment.

can't see MoPo getting sacked on Christmas Eve!! the papers would love that!
In fairness at least one poor sod gets sacked around Christmas every year. Monk already gone, Hughes probably would have if he's lost yesterday.

Managerial sackings - it's a Christmas tradition as old as indigestion.

As I have said for the last three summer transfer windows and it is well documented, we have been slow, indecisive and complacent to strengthen the squad.

I have been lambasted for my views but I could see the complacency and decline setting in before most.

The same thing happened in our last decline in 2004 and I warned of the consequences and was proven right.

In fairness at least one poor sod gets sacked around Christmas every year. Monk already gone, Hughes probably would have if he's lost yesterday.

Managerial sackings - it's a Christmas tradition as old as indigestion.

I listened to a podcast this morning warning that the biggest reasons for emergency hospital admissions over the Xmas period are indigestion and road trauma!!!