Something big happening

manji

King and Slimani wouldn’t walk into our team in a million years. And Albrighton, Okazaki and even Gray are debatable.
You think Tadic Redmond Long JWP and Davis are better than any of those?

I would have any of them in our team although if they played well they would be sub anyway with this clown.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So what your saying in effect is Puel could be a good manager with a better squad like Leicester? so instead of sacking Puel maybe we should have improved the squad for him?

There were enough of us pointing out the squad wasn't good enough last season but people wouldn't have it and yet different manager same squad and we are still ****.

I wouldn't shed a tear if MoPe was sacked but nothing is really going to change until the squad gets an overhaul and some serious investment.

Yes but our senior management didnt agree despite what some think his sacking had bugger all to do with fans on a noddy forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As I have said for the last three summer transfer windows and it is well documented, we have been slow, indecisive and complacent to strengthen the squad.

I have been lambasted for my views but I could see the complacency and decline setting in before most.

Utterly bizarre you included the summer of 2015. In the 2015/16 season Saints finished 6th in the Premier League! ffs :mcinnes:

As I have said for the last three summer transfer windows and it is well documented, we have been slow, indecisive and complacent to strengthen the squad.

I have been lambasted for my views but I could see the complacency and decline setting in before most.

The same thing happened in our last decline in 2004 and I warned of the consequences and was proven right.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3gsUdq1BfBVJGI7oxNeilrBavINpDxDhaqbrlkcJsRikh7PkF

Utterly bizarre you included the summer of 2015. In the 2015/16 season Saints finished 6th in the Premier League! ffs :mcinnes:

Yes, but the trend was not to re- invest but to sell our best assets. I could see we had reached a high point and complacency was starting to set in about our premier status. I could see this happening as part of the bigger picture which makes me even more perceptive when you think about it.

Yes, but the trend was not to re- invest but to sell our best assets. I could see we had reached a high point and complacency was starting to set in about our premier status. I could see this happening as part of the bigger picture which makes me even more perceptive when you think about it.

No first choice player was sold in the summer of 2017.

The addition of Hoedt & Lemina strengthened the squad compared to the previous season.

van Dijk will likely be sold, but if you seriously think Saints can long term keep a player of his quality then you are living on a different planet! (possibly Skaro)

The same thing happened in our last decline in 2004 and I warned of the consequences and was proven right.

Shut up you *****! You say this every season so you are bound to get it right at some stage.

Even the season when we were promoted to the Premier League you were baging on about staying up/relegation.

You ll probably still bang on about appointing Hoddle when the guy is in his 70-80s stop living in the past and post something less predictable.

I didn't go to the last 6 home games and I understand your frustration, but put it into context, it was down to us not scoring. I wish I had the nous to put up the highlights of those games, I suggest in all those games we created at least 3-5 decent chances. I f we had scored, the games feel a lot better. Ive been to many awful games over the years, but as we had won 1-0 things didn't seem that bad on the way home. The social media is an ew thing to football, and I was reading the FB saints page and it was like on here, a few with very strong anti views pushing their own agendas. I read about us under forer managers as though we were playing like Man City or Barca under them, no we were dire quite a lot. I could see that Puel was going to build something special, and whilst it means SFA on here, here gave me memories during the cup run that none of the recent managers will ever live up to. I was able to take my daughters to a Cup Final, something that I am ever likely to do again.

So as far as I'm concerned the toxic fans re Puel are wrong, and I wish him tremendous success at Leicester, with their fanbase they might accept a person who doesn't speak the language poorly and give him a chance.

Nick, if Pellegrino had been a raging success no one would give a hoot about Puel.

Puel was crap for us, turgid is not harsh enough.

What's happening in 2024?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Shut up you *****! You say this every season so you are bound to get it right at some stage.

Even the season when we were promoted to the Premier League you were baging on about staying up/relegation.

You ll probably still bang on about appointing Hoddle when the guy is in his 70-80s stop living in the past and post something less predictable.

Say what you like. I have been consistent in my warnings. If you could not see what was going wrong, then don't be hard on yourself, you were in the majority. But, just remember there were a few of us who warned of the scenario we find ourselves in.

I don't believe so. it was the club not buying a forward. Puel had us playing some bloody good football, but our inability to score made the fans frustrated. We need the rush of the feeling when we score and we went cold turkey.

The fans didn't take to Puel because his interviews ere bad, they want someone who gives a quip. The club were stupid not to have put forward others to do the interviews

Puel will be a great success at Leicester and will build a decent team.

Pellegrino is just as rubbish at interviews but it doesn't get mentioned . Its a myth the Puel lovers like to keep mentioning .

We also didn't play bloody good football . We were incredibly dull and played the sideways crab football that we have now become accustomed.

Puel may do well at Leicester but he was rubbish for us .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Say what you like. I have been consistent in my warnings. If you could not see what was going wrong, then don't be hard on yourself, you were in the majority. But, just remember there were a few of us who warned of the scenario we find ourselves in.

I keep telling my father in law to change his lifestyle, I’ve been going on for the past 20 years that he needs to drink less and exercise. I tell him “one day it will kill you” . He’s 92 now, but one day he’ll die and I’ll be proved right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only consistent thing that you have ever done on this board is troll. You are very good at it and I shouldn't really feed you, but alas I can't resist.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Any light on the outcome of the meeting that was supposedly held yesterday straight after the game?

It was something big apparently. Probably deciding how much of the VVD money we will have to give to MP on account of him being rubbish and us having to sack him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone compared our record while Paul Mitchell was here with our record after he left?

The obvious implication behind that question is that the mythical "Black Box" was actually Mitchell's head, and that he was making Reed look far better than he really is. And that went for both player and manager signings.

At the very least, both while Mitchell was here and after he left, Reed seems to have grossly mismanaged relationships with both players and managers.

He might be good at managing his relationship with Ralph and the owners, but the dressing room and the pitch are much harsher judges.

It was something big apparently. Probably deciding how much of the VVD money we will have to give to MP on account of him being rubbish and us having to sack him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure it was about the 'VVD move'. However, the situation in the table cannot have gone unnoticed. The board has been very indecisive and ponderous in the past three years which would suggest very little response to the rapidly growing crisis. Hope I am wrong.

The one blessing about going down might be you stopping posting.

The one blessing about going down might be you stopping posting.

Getting relegated is hard to stomach. It is best avoided but can be managed if you use money wisely to make a quick return. But no guarantee of promotion and then it is harder to stay up. It's frustrating because three or four years ago we were in a very strong position but failed to move up a rung die to a ponderous and indecisive board, imo.

Ultimately, I still think the Board were happy to settle for 'being in the Premiership' If you like, as long as we are 17th or above.

I keep telling my father in law to change his lifestyle, I’ve been going on for the past 20 years that he needs to drink less and exercise. I tell him “one day it will kill you” . He’s 92 now, but one day he’ll die and I’ll be proved right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Credit where it’s due this was a funny post. Reminds me of my wife’s chain smoking grandma, who made it to 85. It wasn’t even the smoking that killed her.

All I know is that it happened and most of the heavyweights were there. Sadly I have. No ideas.

Who are now considered heavyweights ? Ralph, Reed and... Ralph, and Reed.... ?

Think we've already been told Gao wasn't at the game. Does video link count ?

Edited by Badger

Nick, if Pellegrino had been a raging success no one would give a hoot about Puel.

Puel was crap for us, turgid is not harsh enough.

Duncan, imsurprised that you were anti Puel. He didn’t have the time or backing to get the team playing fluid football he wanted. I listened to Thirry Henry about him, and he was saying that the first season Puel gets the team to a stable not losing position. He then develops from there.

The board stripped the team of goals, and did not give him replacements. ( the laughable ,we got Austin beforehand, )until too late, who then got injured.

I must be very lucky in picking games I saw, as not once do I recall seeing turgid football. ( I didn’t do Europe) West Ham away was some fantastic slick counter attacking play, the Everton game at SMS we tore them a new one, magnificent display.( again we lost Simms to injury as he looked superb) then of course we had the cup run, where we destroyed Liverpool at SMS but useless finishing stopped it being a rout. We then had thebrilliant tactical display in the 2nd leg with the fantastic break away winning goal. The final again was a performance that as a Saints fan made me feel proud of the whole club.

That was his first season, where he was robbed of VVD , Gabbi , Simms, and Austin for long periods.

IMO a very big mistake by our club not to keep him on.

Again IMO he was removed as the S/t sales were down and the chance of KL losing her payday. Hence why it took so long for the club to act.

we won’t be seeing cup finals again for a lot longer and perhaps neither of us will ever do so again in our lifetimes

Has anyone compared our record while Paul Mitchell was here with our record after he left?

The obvious implication behind that question is that the mythical "Black Box" was actually Mitchell's head, and that he was making Reed look far better than he really is. And that went for both player and manager signings.

At the very least, both while Mitchell was here and after he left, Reed seems to have grossly mismanaged relationships with both players and managers.

He might be good at managing his relationship with Ralph and the owners, but the dressing room and the pitch are much harsher judges.

Spot on. The successful journey was developed by Paul Mitchell, the players identified just before RK arrived, lined up by PM (with the exception of Pelle). Les Reed surfed that wave, sold most of those players and Ross Wilson has failed to deliver on most of the subsequent signings.

The board know they already made two horrendous mistakes last season. Firstly appointing the woeful Puel who turned out to be worse than any of us could have ever expected. The second big mistake was not getting shot of him sooner. They'll be very nervous now about getting the Pellegrino sacking wrong.

Trouble is, after Puel utterly destroyed this squad, you have to ask yourself who could do a better job than Pellegrino? Sure he is making bad tactical errors and his substitutions are poor, but even Guardiola would have had trouble with the Saints job after the mess Puel left this club in.

What a pathetic decision it was to hire that clown. #worldclassmanager

The board know they already made two horrendous mistakes last season. Firstly appointing the woeful Puel who turned out to be worse than any of us could have ever expected. The second big mistake was not getting shot of him sooner. They'll be very nervous now about getting the Pellegrino sacking wrong.

Trouble is, after Puel utterly destroyed this squad, you have to ask yourself who could do a better job than Pellegrino? Sure he is making bad tactical errors and his substitutions are poor, but even Guardiola would have had trouble with the Saints job after the mess Puel left this club in.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Loads of managers would do better with what we have despite the limited ability of many in the squad. Big Sam was one example.

What mess are you going on and on about??????

I was waiting for someone to blame Puel :facepalm:

Obvious troll is obvious.

You really do chat utter boll_oxs.

Santa didn't bring you dummies guide to trolling or glasgow's easy bites in 30mins, did he? Leave it to the experts pal.

Pellegrino is just as rubbish at interviews but it doesn't get mentioned . Its a myth the Puel lovers like to keep mentioning .

We also didn't play bloody good football . We were incredibly dull and played the sideways crab football that we have now become accustomed.

Puel may do well at Leicester but he was rubbish for us .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Bingo. I totally agree with you. It would appear that some posters now view Puel as some kind of shining beacon of brilliance. Not so. Last season our home form was absolutely rubbish. It is again this season. Both Puel and Pellegrino's teams play the same dull, possession based risk free stiflingly boring brand of 'football'.

Both were and are terrible. Anyone who thinks Puel, retrospectively was some kind of Management genius is clearly suffering from a memory illness.

Bingo. I totally agree with you. It would appear that some posters now view Puel as some kind of shining beacon of brilliance. Not so. Last season our home form was absolutely rubbish. It is again this season. Both Puel and Pellegrino's teams play the same dull, possession based risk free stiflingly boring brand of 'football'.

Both were and are terrible. Anyone who thinks Puel, retrospectively was some kind of Management genius is clearly suffering from a memory illness.

We were very good away from home last season at times last season and played some cracking stuff and not to recorgnise that is simply foolish. I've been to most away games this season and we've not gone beyond average at best.

Puel, for all of his faults, had a shape that we played to and away from home a recognisable style and we scored goals. Compare that with this season.

The home games I've been to this year were much like last seasons. Timid.

So we've gone from being poor at home but good away to being sh_it at both.

Puel's problem, for the majority of fans, was that he wasn't Koeman. Anyone who thinks Saints would be the clusterfu_ck they are this season with Puel in charge clearly doesn't know much about football.

Isn't this the last two home games where someone has posted 'knowledge' of either 'raised voices behind closed doors' (Leicester), or "something big happening" (Huddersfield),but of course the outcome is ... nothing. Unless of course Les is ramping up the dithering once more.

So many straw man arguments there that I feel a hay fever attack coming.

Puel and Pellegrino were both left field managerial candidates. I don’t recall many on here expecting or hoping that we’d end up with them, before solid rumours that they were top of Les Reed’s list stated circulating.

Puel was at least able to justify his rotation policy because of the Europa League campaign and the excellent League Cup run. I still have a hard time making sense of Pellegrino’s team selections. I suspect that players like Boufal and Hoj have similar difficulties.

Firing Puel to replace him with Pellegrino was a poor decision, but perhaps Les and the board felt that the players had forced their hand, last summer. Ultimately the decline in results this season and Pellegrino’s worse than underwhelming leadership boils down to a bunch of spoilt, overpaid, underperforming players.

Just about the biggest pile of crap ever posted on this or any other forum. You'll be blaming Puel for our results for the next 20 years probably.

Puel's biggest failure was the awful Europa League exit. That was abysmal. But he did more with this squad (in fact less than this squad) than Pellegrino ever looks likely too.

Bingo. I totally agree with you. It would appear that some posters now view Puel as some kind of shining beacon of brilliance.

Which posters? Which posts? (hint: there aren't any. At all.)

That's lucky, because no one does.

Puel and Pellegrino were both left field managerial candidates. I don’t recall many on here expecting or hoping that we’d end up with them, before solid rumours that they were top of Les Reed’s list stated circulating.

Puel was at least able to justify his rotation policy because of the Europa League campaign and the excellent League Cup run. I still have a hard time making sense of Pellegrino’s team selections. I suspect that players like Boufal and Hoj have similar difficulties.

Firing Puel to replace him with Pellegrino was a poor decision, but perhaps Les and the board felt that the players had forced their hand, last summer. Ultimately the decline in results this season and Pellegrino’s worse than underwhelming leadership boils down to a bunch of spoilt, overpaid, underperforming players.

More and more people are able to see the real reason for our situation. Hopefully those who refuse to blame the players for anything at all will remove their heads from the sands soon.