Charlie Austin charged

Dan Johnson

He was going to get a ban for that, regardless of the fact that Lossi was still sliding forwards as Austin got there, think it was a bit of Devil and the deep blue sea as to where to put his foot as he was also running at speed.

But seeing as momentum into a 50/50 challenge carries no lee way with refs during the game, he was going to get pinged for that.

It was an easy decision to take, knowing that he’s out injured for a while.

Charlie gets a ban

Vardy got nothing for VVD

We’re a small club who haven’t won the Premier League recently. We get punished. That’s what happens

Though tbh his injury is likely to be a bigger problem for us.

I suppose Austin's action had a higher visibility than Vardys'. Plus, the goalkeeper (in possession) always get's that presumption of extra protection doesn't he? Then there was the immediate flow of claret from the head which gave a more serious impression than Virgil's foot. I thought Austin should have been red carded on the spot - the three match ban effectively confirms that thought.

I don't believe for a second it was intentional. It should have been a card and was a big thing, but its also a product of playing aggressively. I would rather see our strikers attacking the ball than laying back. I have no issue with this.

There is a difference in playing aggressively or just being a **** on the pitch. CA was the latter in this instance.

Charlie gets a ban

Vardy got nothing for VVD

We’re a small club who haven’t won the Premier League recently. We get punished. That’s what happens

Though tbh his injury is likely to be a bigger problem for us.

Someone got a shoehorn for Christmas.

Leicester City are now in the elite group of big clubs that get all the decisions? Okay then.

I suppose Match of the day , goals on Sunday and various other similar shows didn’t highlight Vardy because they’re biased against Saints as well? I doubt there’s one neutral or pundit who even thought Vardy did anything particularly wrong, let alone compared it to CA’s indiscretion. The Vardy / VvD “clash” is certainly becoming worse and worse as the months roll on. In 15 years I’ll be telling my grand kids that I was there when VvD was carried off on a stretcher with his amputated leg in one hand. Whilst Vardy celebrated like he’d scored the winner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it shearer or murphy on motd suggested he might have been expecting the keeper to spill the ball and was trying to flick it up away from him? Looked dodgy as hell though, not surprised by the charge.

Yes, I'm with GL and the other professinal pundits and ex-players on this.

Reckless play yes, trying to flick the ball out of his hands. deliberate kick in the face? No.

Claiming he must have done it deliberately cos he looks mean, and has a beard and tats is just sad.

People need to take their red and white tinted specs off and watch it again imagining it was an oppo player on our keeper. If Austin wanted to get his foot out of the way he could easily have done. It's so blatant on watching the replay that his action was deliberate and I find it hard to believe that even with a massive bias, some people can't see that.

It was shocking and cowardly, and proves what many have long suspected: that Charlie Austin is a bit of a c*nt.

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk