Charlie Austin charged

Dan Johnson

Much as don't want any of our players banned don't think there is any option but to ban him . Looked 100% deliberate from every angle I've seen it.

Respect to their keeper for making little or no fuss about it - maybe he was too dazed at the time.

Much as don't want any of our players banned don't think there is any option but to ban him . Looked 100% deliberate from every angle I've seen it.

Respect to their keeper for making little or no fuss about it - maybe he was too dazed at the time.

Imagine if Tadic had been their keeper - Austin would have got a life ban.

Not condoning this at all, fair to get a ban, but where was Vardy's ban after he did worse to VVD?

I don’t disagree necessarily with the principle but not many things more dangerous on a football pitch than to deliberately use foot against head in almost any scenario. Had a great view of that yesterday and even in real time viewing ball wasn’t even an option for CA and looked dangerous and nasty. Don’t really understand people saying uncharacteristic. He’s one of the only Saints players I’ve seen in over 20 years leave a boot in on someone’s head. That tells me a bit about his character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching it live I thought he had every right to go for the ball as a striker and it was an accidental clash it didn't look deliberate from my view in SMS. I haven't watched any replays though so I may be of a different opinion seeing it in slow motion.

Well obviously you have a distorted view of the incident then. Austin deliberately flicks his boot into the keeper's face. It's not an accident or one of those things that happens in football, it's a deliberate kick in the face.

Could tell at the time from where i was say that he’d purposely left one on him. It was a toe, not particularly forceful, should’ve been a red card and should be a 3 game ban. People getting well carried away as per, heard it called a ‘stamp’ multiple times yesterday, not even close and no worse than an elbow to the head that would only get 3 games.

Well obviously you have a distorted view of the incident then. Austin deliberately flicks his boot into the keeper's face. It's not an accident or one of those things that happens in football, it's a deliberate kick in the face.

Have you got a link to these? I have only seen the highlights on the official site and from that I can't see his foot moves. From what I saw he just let his foot carry on its natural movement as though he thought it would clear the keeper. I haven't seen any evidence of any movement of the toes, studs, ankle, foot or knee towards the face. The keeper also had a cut nose, but not a broken one as you could tell given how little the rest of his face had changed. It could have been broken, but there should have been something more obvious like bruising going up towards his eyes by the end of the game I would have thought. Would still have been bloody painful of course. Either way as he's been charged, he'll be banned for a long while. I expect they'll make it as many games as they can.

Have you got a link to these? I have only seen the highlights on the official site and from that I can't see his foot moves. From what I saw he just let his foot carry on its natural movement as though he thought it would clear the keeper. I haven't seen any evidence of any movement of the toes, studs, ankle, foot or knee towards the face. The keeper also had a cut nose, but not a broken one as you could tell given how little the rest of his face had changed. It could have been broken, but there should have been something more obvious like bruising going up towards his eyes by the end of the game I would have thought. Would still have been bloody painful of course. Either way as he's been charged, he'll be banned for a long while. I expect they'll make it as many games as they can.

I have to watch the game on SFR Sport, it's where the PL is shown in France now, they showed the incident about 30 times. Doubt that you can access that but as they probably take the feed from Sky anyway it shouldn't be hard to find.

Footballers really aren't the cleverest are they? Massively bust and important xmass period, only bloke likely to score us any goals, and he goes and does something like that. D1ckhead.
Perhaps he just wanted Christmas off.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well no doubt you were watching on the TV in France so you had the benefit of numerous slow motion replays as I said I only saw it for a few seconds in real time from the Itchen

Perhaps he just wanted Christmas off.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Seemed to be more like an "I'm a hard guy, think twice about coming out for the ball next time" gesture. A Huddersfield player said something to him straight away and you could see Austin telling him to "f*** off". Nasty piece of work is our Charles these days now that he's got the big beard and the fine array of tats.

Seemed to be more like an "I'm a hard guy, think twice about coming out for the ball next time" gesture. A Huddersfield player said something to him straight away and you could see Austin telling him to "f*** off". Nasty piece of work is our Charles these days now that he's got the big beard and the fine array of tats.

and according to his wife on twitter he cheats at Monopoly. I would string him up and let children throw rotten tomatoes at him until he’s really really sorry.

It’s not a surprise is it?

Does anyone know if the league holds suspensions in abeyance until the player is fit? A 2-3 game suspension would be meaningless if he spends it all on the treatment table.

Don't think so, the suspension will just be totally meanigless in terms of missing games but I think there are fines attached on occasions as well. I mean how many one gamers have been fulfilled on meaningless league cup and early round FA cup games that the player in question wouldn't have played anyway. That's where Rugby U has got it right, the ban is for a certain time and not a number of games. 10 week bans are fairly common for not so awful disloyal play offences.

Was it shearer or murphy on motd suggested he might have been expecting the keeper to spill the ball and was trying to flick it up away from him? Looked dodgy as hell though, not surprised by the charge.

Shearer should certainly not get on his high horse after what he did to Neil Lennon at a match in Leicester !!

He was going to get a ban for that, regardless of the fact that Lossi was still sliding forwards as Austin got there, think it was a bit of Devil and the deep blue sea as to where to put his foot as he was also running at speed.

But seeing as momentum into a 50/50 challenge carries no lee way with refs during the game, he was going to get pinged for that.

People need to take their red and white tinted specs off and watch it again imagining it was an oppo player on our keeper. If Austin wanted to get his foot out of the way he could easily have done. It's so blatant on watching the replay that his action was deliberate and I find it hard to believe that even with a massive bias, some people can't see that.

It was shocking and cowardly, and proves what many have long suspected: that Charlie Austin is a bit of a c*nt.

People need to take their red and white tinted specs off and watch it again imagining it was an oppo player on our keeper. If Austin wanted to get his foot out of the way he could easily have done. It's so blatant on watching the replay that his action was deliberate and I find it hard to believe that even with a massive bias, some people can't see that.

It was shocking and cowardly, and proves what many have long suspected: that Charlie Austin is a bit of a c*nt.

Jumping on the band wagon a bit I suspect. Yes a bad challenge, borne out of frustration perhaps, or a lapse of concentration, and deserves to be punished, but CA a c**t really?? He has never been a dirty or malicious player before, and plenty of other so called model players have done worse in the past, so lets just put this in the "not his best moment" box and move on shall we? One thing's for sure, we are in the mire with him being out for the foreseeable!