Pellegrino Reacts To Spurs Defeat

St Chalet

For an intelligent bloke, Prowse is ****ing special

Good dry humour from St Chalet.

JWP is just repeating the myths and untruths that clearly pervade behind the scenes at an increasingly desperate St Mary's, a club with huge problems. It started with the seeming untruth that Gao would have the investment potential to keep us top 10, KL wouldn't sell to anyone who wouldn't do the best for the club etc. Then Reed's promised style of play on appointing Pellegrino, Pellegrino's own astonishing delusions in press conferences and the meaningless PR guff from the players, such as this but we've also seen it from the likes of Redmond. Only player who has come close to revealing the truth is Romeu, and even he's been shocking this year.

Have always wanted Saints to win, even today when I have no time at all for the owners, DoF, Manager and players, but please, if we are going to lose, Harry Kane please score a few so the ultra negative style of play gets no reward with an 'unlucky' 1-0 defeat.

"I didn't see the incident, I'm not sure how Harry Kane got a broken nose because I didn't see it. I saw the blood, I saw the red card the referee gave Wesley, but I didn't see the incident."

"He is class, he gives us dimensions - he showed his talent by scoring a hattrick today. It's unfortunate we conceded six goals at the other end, but a great hattrick for Nathan."

"We have good defenders in this squad. That's why I started with 8."

He won't say one of these... :)

Struggling to think of a game where we deserved a win and didn't get it.

Arsenal we failed to capitalise first 30 mins then sat back and let them attack. Draw was fair. Not even sure we deserved to beat West Ham given we threw a 2 goal lead away to a dire side with 10 men.

Arsenal we probably did deserve to win and that was probably our best performance. Every other win we've gotten bar Everton you can't say we "deserved" to win.

Why did we deserve to win? You sit back for an hour against a good side you're going to concede at some point.

I get MP wants the job but his reluctant to resign and admit he's lost the players will cost us our premier league place. There's nothing he can do now to win them round and sort it out. Why would they suddenly start listening to him? He's made it very clear he doesn't know what to do, who to play, how to set up and can't motivate people.

Because we should, on the chances we created, have been 2/3 nil up before half time. There's no way MP is honorable enough to resign so we need to rely on the dithering Reed to do something (I won't hold my breath for that).

Why did we deserve to win? You sit back for an hour against a good side you're going to concede at some point.

I get MP wants the job but his reluctant to resign and admit he's lost the players will cost us our premier league place. There's nothing he can do now to win them round and sort it out. Why would they suddenly start listening to him? He's made it very clear he doesn't know what to do, who to play, how to set up and can't motivate people.

Exactly right. The board have to act now! It's clear the Manager is bereft of ideas and tactical nous; the players are not putting in for him. The lack of desire, fight and energy is demoralising to watch.

''Thanks for the oppertunity to Southampton, but I'll have to admit that I'm a little bit out of my depth here. So it's best I leave and allow someone to come in with a bit more clout who can get the best out of what is a very unballanced/confused but ultimatley talented squad.''

For the last twenty minutes we matched them, we hit the bar and created some good chances, we showed our good face for that time and need to make sure we do it for 90 minutes against manchester.

Yep, but too little too late. Pellegrino hasn’t learnt.

For the last twenty minutes we matched them, we hit the bar and created some good chances, we showed our good face for that time and need to make sure we do it for 90 minutes against manchester.

Ha ha, it actually wouldn't surprise me if it was word for word.

There is enough quality for 7th. So if Europe falls that far. A manager organising the team and getting Boufal, Tadic, Redmond vaguely firing again would do really well.

Top 6 are well ahead but any of the rest well managed could have a good season. Everton probably have the 7th best squad on paper, then it's us. Getting relegated with this squad is really unforgivable.

I am stunned at just how deluded someone can be. The team isn’t good enough for Europe at all.

Trying to take the emotion out of this situation, the board and owner can have no complaints whatsoever if we get relegated should they fail to sack the manager today. Other changes may also be required down the line (Reed, players etc.), but for now manager needs to go. Second half showed the way we need to try and play to win, yet it takes our manager 20 games to try it (and may not even intentionally?).

Sad day to be a Saints fan.

Was he talking about the game today (can't call it a match) or yesterday's team charades? I saw no character from anyone in a saints kit in that pitch today. I'm certain I'm not the only one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spurs played within themselves today... From the first goal going in there was absolutely no doubt about the result.

I know he has to sell himself and the team but the goals flattered us and by then it was a training game for them. I struggle to see any positives in his tenure at present.

He’s just not cut out for this at all. Without a doubt the worst manager we’ve had since Poortvliet/Wotte.

Our training tops look like Sainsbury’s uniforms but I don’t think they’d want him to stack shelves. Shoppers would never find their items week by week in the store and the layout would a chaotic mess

He’s just not cut out for this at all. Without a doubt the worst manager we’ve had since Poortvliet/Wotte.

I don't know why but I see him being a success as a Basketball referee! Certainly not a Football Manager. Palace replacing De Boer after 4 games may have been too rapid, but this annoying buffoon getting towards 20 games is alarming. Pellegr. is the first Saint's Manager who I feel anger towards; throw Reed in for anger and disdain as well.

Oh dear, that was embarrassing. Not sure replacing the manager is our only problem, but it is one fix that needs to take place.

Need a manager that has gravitas. Struggling to think who we could get.

Much as I love the idea of Fonseca ... can we try another manager that hasn't managed here? O'Neill/Keane combo? Or Strachan back?

Current players not playing for the manager? Need a disciplinarian.

It's taken me a while to recognise it (I can be slow like that[emoji6]) but a common thread to his approach to every game is to start cautiously and wait for something to happen.

Only then does he react. There's never a proactive attitude, for example, to come out all guns blazing and take the game to the opposition. I suppose that occasionally we set up to park the bus from the word go, and that's tactics of a sort, but hardly positive.

And once something happens, how does he react? If we actually score first, his only plan seems to be to hold on to the lead. If the opposition score, we sometimes see a reaction from the players, but tactical changes and subs are always far too slow in coming, if at all. In fact, it usually looks like he's planned the subs before the game. We've been outmanoeuvred by opposition subs more than once.

So we keep getting comments about responding well, or responding too slowly. Never any proactive thought, which makes me wonder if he can actually form a game plan for himself. At the moment, we just go out and wait to see what happens. Then react. Or not.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's taken me a while to recognise it (I can be slow like that[emoji6]) but a common thread to his approach to every game is to start cautiously and wait for something to happen.

Only then does he react. There's never a proactive attitude, for example, to come out all guns blazing and take the game to the opposition. I suppose that occasionally we set up to park the bus from the word go, and that's tactics of a sort, but hardly positive.

And once something happens, how does he react? If we actually score first, his only plan seems to be to hold on to the lead. If the opposition score, we sometimes see a reaction from the players, but tactical changes and subs are always far too slow in coming, if at all. In fact, it usually looks like he's planned the subs before the game. We've been outmanoeuvred by opposition subs more than once.

So we keep getting comments about responding well, or responding too slowly. Never any proactive thought, which makes me wonder if he can actually form a game plan for himself. At the moment, we just go out and wait to see what happens. Then react. Or not.

Shorter version: he's a crap manager.