Spurs 5 Saints 2 - Post Match

St Chalet

Absolutely brilliant interview with Hojberg. Guy is wise beyond his years and it is clear there are issues in the dressing room.....and not one mention by Hoj of the clueless f*****t that is our manager.

No doubt Hoj's reward for playing well will be to be benched against Utd.

Absolutely brilliant interview with Hojberg. Guy is wise beyond his years and it is clear there are issues in the dressing room.....and not one mention by Hoj of the clueless f*****t that is our manager.

No doubt Hoj's reward for playing well will be to be benched against Utd.

What did he say?

The defensive coaching is ridiculous. Salah, Mahrez, and Alli were allowed to cut across the box on their shooting foot and hit the goal. Why weren't they pressed onto their weak foot and made to go outside. Romeu showed Alli the inside line today FFS, that is just stupidity, just like thinking challenging behind an attacker at a free kick and unable to reach the ball is defending. Defenders have to attack the ball not stand off. We need the defenders coached to win the header not let the attacker get in front of them. Kane today and the equaliser against Arsenal and Huddersfield. There is a lack of direction from the coaches. Winning the ball is more important than zonal stand watching as the ball hits the back of the net with the spectating goalkeeper showing no leadership.

What did he say?

Asked if playing 4-3-3 was a mistake (could have sworn it was 9-1) and he said no. Said the team is really good and they all need to ask themselves if they are doing enough. Very frustrated with how they played today and said squad is good but performances are not and they have to play as a team. Said that right now they all have to be as one and that this is a difficult time.

Not once did he mention MP.

Probably have some of what he said wrong but that was the general gist of it.

The defensive coaching is ridiculous. Salah, Mahrez, and Alli were allowed to cut across the box on their shooting foot and hit the goal. Why weren't they pressed onto their weak foot and made to go outside. Romeu showed Alli the inside line today FFS, that is just stupidity, just like thinking challenging behind an attacker at a free kick and unable to reach the ball is defending. Defenders have to attack the ball not stand off. We need the defenders coached to win the header not let the attacker get in front of them. Kane today and the equaliser against Arsenal and Huddersfield. There is a lack of direction from the coaches. Winning the ball is more important than zonal stand watching as the ball hits the back of the net with the spectating goalkeeper showing no leadership.
It's basic stuff too. Romeu for the first goal lined up with Kane goal side if him and had no chance after that. He even pushed him to the ball. Get goal side and you give yourself a chance. Simple Sunday morning defending that shouldn't even need coaching. It's common sense more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

True. It would also be helpful if someone could persuade our statuesque goalkeeper to make an attempt at collecting crosses in the 6 yard box.

Asked if playing 4-3-3 was a mistake (could have sworn it was 9-1) and he said no. Said the team is really good and they all need to ask themselves if they are doing enough. Very frustrated with how they played today and said squad is good but performances are not and they have to play as a team. Said that right now they all have to be as one and that this is a difficult time.

Not once did he mention MP.

Probably have some of what he said wrong but that was the general gist of it.

Cheers

Charlie is a great injury prone. We should never be in a position to rely on him like we have been doing.

We have to give 'staying up' a try with everything we've got, but how?

We've got to spend the Virgil cash wisely but we can't allow Pellegrino to be the one to spend it.

Rather he left than bucked up his ideas to be honest.

Tadic/Boufal/Sims/McQueen/Hesketh can all offer at very least the same zero goals and hopefully with less attitude.

Absolutely. Would rather see Sims/McQ or Hesketh on over Redmond every game.

I remember back in the summer Koeman was gone (and Mane etc) we were told by our reliable ITK's (K,billy, GUAN etc) that the entire club is having a change of direction/change of approach, yet it was never eluded to as to what that was.

Now we know! :)

In all seriousness, I have a feeling that certain people at the club didn't like the power that Koeman had, so the new approcah after he was 'gone' was to pull the reigns back a bit and allow more input from wider voices at the 'club' on first team affairs - hence why we've hired two realitvley subdued managers. Another telling thing for me was the signing of Redmond without a manager in place, that should have rung alarm bells.

We miss a strong leader at the top of it all. I know people talk about modern football being all about the club/not just the manager etc, that's how you're succesfull etc , but I don't really buy that. The manager should be your focal point, everything goes through him and he should be a strong enough character to handle it.

So we have it confirmed that there are problems in the dressing room.

And that is with VVD to all intents and purposes out of the picture. We had hints of it in Puel's reign. Toxic situation that will likely result in relegation unless the trouble-maker(s) are shipped out.

Of course they do, that’s pretty much all they care about

Remember that interview with the venkys when the guy didn't seem to have realised that blackburn could be relegated? Not that they weren't near the bottom of the league, but that relegations actually happened at all? :D

And that is with VVD to all intents and purposes out of the picture. We had hints of it in Puel's reign. Toxic situation that will likely result in relegation unless the trouble-maker(s) are shipped out.

I heard that Tadic was 'described' as the cancer of the changing room by a fellow first team player (who is on the fringes). Make of that what you will.

It's basic stuff too. Romeu for the first goal lined up with Kane goal side if him and had no chance after that. He even pushed him to the ball. Get goal side and you give yourself a chance. Simple Sunday morning defending that shouldn't even need coaching. It's common sense more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The whole point is that the players are all being told where to stand and what position to be in for every aspect of the game. If you watch closely you can see the players going to exactly where they are told.

They are actually being ‘coached’ to do all the wrong things it’s bloody bizarre.....

This almost without doubt includes Redmond.... In fact all the team including Forster being told to stand like a statue on his line and never come for a cross. If these players wearnt acting under instructions why aren’t they dropped? Ask yourself this....

We see good players playing well - we think but those same players are evidently not playing to instructions so ARE dropped the very next game!

Pellugrino’s positional coaching is totally flawed!

This guy is really very odd indeed...

He must be gobsmacked that he has found himself in this elevated position ...

I heard that Tadic was 'described' as the cancer of the changing room by a fellow first team player (who is on the fringes). Make of that what you will.

Pellegrino has to go he clearly isn’t the only problem as became clear last term too. Puel and MP have been Reed’s puppets and look where it has got us. Can’t stand VVD or Tadic. JWP is deluded and belongs in the Championship. Fraser like plasterboard. Redmond just spends his time moaning, bottling it or giving ball away, deserved stick today. Davis great servant but horribly past it.

Reed to go as well, new experienced manager with VVD dosh, 7 or 8 other out and influx in to try and generate some sense of momentum, effort or interest in staying up

The way he looked elated with his goal today alludes to someone more interested in himself than the team.

Lucky to keep them down to 5 today. We have the toxic mix of no structure/style of play & players going through the motions.

Keeper is woeful, both in the saves he doesn’t make but also the organisation. He’s ****ing useless and it’s part of his job to shout and organise people. Across the whole pitch we have no leaders, no real men. The manager will lose his job, but I want these players out within a couple of years. They’re a ****ing disgrace to the shirt. I feel for Jack Stephens, he’s not a right back and his career could really stall chucking him there with this bunch of fairies. Matt Targett best player imo today. However it’s one of those games where players only started trying when it was 4. Easy to do, the opposition come off the boil a touch and players try to cover their arses. When it mattered we were woeful. No surprise at all that the 4th came once we pulled one back. A glimmer of hope, it mattered and we fell apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a load of pony. What puppet refuses to change his style when asked to by the puppeteer. Where does all this nonsense come from. What evidence have you got that Puel was a puppet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The puppet that wouldn’t stand up to Reed in either last summer’s window leaving with us with Europa League group stages and only 3 strikers. Redmond as a striker. Only if you are a patsy. Puel should have had Reed on toast for the January CB debacle, didn’t see any pressure applied whatsoever

That moment when you realise the forum "trolls" knew what they were talking about.............

Or, most supporters are willing to support the team and give players and managers a chance to show their stuff before sounding the clanging chimes of doom.

Apologies to Midge Ure and Bob Geldoff.

The puppet that wouldn’t stand up to Reed in either last summer’s window leaving with us with Europa League group stages and only 3 strikers. Redmond as a striker. Only if you are a patsy. Puel should have had Reed on toast for the January CB debacle, didn’t see any pressure applied whatsoever

You have no idea what conversations Puel and Reed had last season

Charlie is a great injury prone. We should never be in a position to rely on him like we have been doing.

We have to give 'staying up' a try with everything we've got, but how?

We could start by the board realising we effectively have 11/12 games to stay up (excluding against the 'big' clubs) with the games in March looking like they will go a long way to deciding it. Get a new manager in now who understands what is necessary to squeeze maximum points from those games through a combination of existing players with any heart left plus a few new heads with fight in them. Skill not necessarily required at this stage. Scrap enough points to stay up (couldn't give a toss now how we do it) and hopefully reset the club on an upward curve in the summer. Look - it's Christmas - we can all dream.

You have no idea what conversations Puel and Reed had last season

Very compliant of you - but if he wasn’t getting what he needed off Reed then use the press conferences to say you are short in this area and that area plus using your agent to brief. Being ambitious, that’s what I’d have done. Reed’s increased involvement with the first team has been disasterous

Very compliant of you - but if he wasn’t getting what he needed off Reed then use the press conferences to say you are short in this area and that area plus using your agent to brief. Being ambitious, that’s what I’d have done. Reed’s increased involvement with the first team has been disasterous

Mouth of in public then, would be poor but I repeat you have not idea what chats they had..... None at all

Did I really hear that joke of a manager say that he could take some positives from that game, just totally sums up how useless he is. If he has not gone before the ManU game the I think that this club are relegation certainties, do the board want to wait until we are in the bottom 3 ?

What's been said? Not that it comes as a surprise with perennial moaners Tadic and Redmond in there.