Manchester United Away Thread

Pamplemousse

I think we will be hammered 5-0 with a deluded Pellegrino saying that we were still in the game and contested well.

Redmond’s pass completion to the oppositiok will be 78%.

Forster will stay ok his line the whole time and fail to catch any crises.

Long will run around a lot.

VVD will have travelled with the squad.

Gabbiadini will come on after 85 minutes.

I’ve only been to one other Saints game at Old Trafford. (The game where Charlie scored in the dying minutes).. so hoping to keep up my 100% record. My daughter’s first away game as well.. so hoping we pull a rabbit out of a hat.. an think that’s all we can hope for right now..

I tip my hat to all those going to Old Trafford (understand we have sold out our allocation) to suffer what is likely to be another thrashing

Reminds me of when I used to go to away games on a regular basis expecting to be hammered at the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, Goodison Park, Highbury and White Hart Lane.

Mind you worst was the 7-1 League Cup thrashing at Watford when we actually had a decent side and had won the first leg 4-0!!!!!!!!!!!

The 6-2 defeat at Charlton, the year after we won the cup, was another demoralising result made worse by having to sit amongst Charlton fans in the little main stand they had at the time within an enormous bowl of a largely open terraced stadium.

Looks like I picked the wrong season for my first ever trip to Old Trafford :(

You never know

My first trip to OT was relegation season Steve Wigley stood on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets, we had that Swedish bloke who looked like a flippin scarecrow (and who's name I have forgotten) out on the wing and he decided to wear Gold boots for the occasion. Nowt Golden about his performance thats for sure.

Only hi-light was when Rooney scored and some card in amongst us Saints fans pulled out and held up a poster of Shrek, which had many Saints fans bowing down with the chant of "Rooney Rooney" which confused Man U fans somewhat until this lad turned the poster to them, and they joined in with the bowing and chanting.......... certainly cheered up a grim afternoon.

Pellegrino needs to make a decision here.

Try to get something from this game or save it for the Palace one two days later?

Win one of the games he gets a stay of execution.

I’m sorry, he’s long past that stage. The false dawn came and went at Everton, have you seen the players’ body language against spurs?

Well the good news is that we are 'owed a performance' after the Wembley debacle. The bad, is that so is Jose after nearly losing at home to Watford.

I fear another ass kicking, but as somebody else said earlier on the thread, it's probably more about how we react, to going behind, to losing the game, to future winnable games. Is there enough character left in this team for any new manager to turn this slump around?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well the good news is that we are 'owed a performance' after the Wembley debacle. The bad, is that so is Jose after nearly losing at home to Watford.

I fear another ass kicking, but as somebody else said earlier on the thread, it's probably more about how we react, to going behind, to losing the game, to future winnable games. Is there enough character left in this team for any new manager to turn this slump around?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

it was Burnley yesterday, perhaps they nearly lost against Watford as well though.

I’m sorry, he’s long past that stage. The false dawn came and went at Everton, have you seen the players’ body language against spurs?

I’m on your side as the manager is a joke.

It’s Reed that will let him carry on if we win one off the next two games, IMHO.

I tip my hat to all those going to Old Trafford (understand we have sold out our allocation) to suffer what is likely to be another thrashing

Reminds me of when I used to go to away games on a regular basis expecting to be hammered at the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, Goodison Park, Highbury and White Hart Lane.

Mind you worst was the 7-1 League Cup thrashing at Watford when we actually had a decent side and had won the first leg 4-0!!!!!!!!!!!

The 6-2 defeat at Charlton, the year after we won the cup, was another demoralising result made worse by having to sit amongst Charlton fans in the little main stand they had at the time within an enormous bowl of a largely open terraced stadium.

I was there at that Watford game. Got in late and had to stand with Watford fans. Had to keep moving to avoid embarrassment. Despite everything I've still not seen a more inept performance!

The worry is that we are conceding simple headed goals. Burnley at home, Arsenal at home, HTFC at home, Spurs away....

It's not hard for other team to score. Lukaku and Ibrahimovic will be looking forward to playing us.

If you're letting in goals like that then keeping the space tight in front and defending the ball on the deck well is irrelevant. That's the blueprint for playing away to the top sides but if they can just float the ball into the box and nod an easy header in then it's academic.

So I wouldn't bother trying to play like that against Man U. We need to play further up the pitch and try to get at them. Might get stuffed but then we might have anyway.

5-1

5-0 first half with us ‘winning’ the second half 0-1.

“We showed great spirit and signs of playing how I want the team to play in the second half, we will be fine” Pellegrino added.

Pellegrino also mused "If De Gea had kicked the ball backwards into his own net instead of forwards in to our half when it was 0-2, who knows, maybe things would have been different for us"

We'll be stuffed. There's no teamwork in Saints at the moment. Just individuals kicking the ball around - we have our very occasional moments, but unless we become a team, it's difficult. Probably more difficult when we have trouble in the dressing room with VVD, players moving all over and a manager unable to stamp their authority? I'll worry more about Crystal Palace result, but a team performance here at least needed.

I think we should play VVD, just for the shi ts and giggles. I'm sure he will get a warm welcome from all sides of the ground.

I agree.

Also get a United player to break his leg in the process or do a Vardy like stamp :lol: :lol:

Makes it a win for us and a win for United! Haha ;)

Pellegrino needs to make a decision here.

Try to get something from this game or save it for the Palace one two days later?

Win one of the games he gets a stay of execution.

Win or loose he shouldn't get a stay of execution he simply hasn't been anywhere near good enough from day one!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ibra and Lukaku will be all over us in the air.... we will miss VVD`s aerial ability just like we did in the cup final..

Totally agree. Can see a mauling here. We will get a conciliation goal in stoppage time and MP will say that for 3 minutes we played exactly how he wants us to play.

----------------Forster (ffs)------------

Pied---Stephens---Hoedt---Targett

----------Romeu-----Lemina----------

----------------Hojbjerg----------------

Tadic-----------Gabbi-----------Boufal

Davis for Rom/Lemina/Hoj to play AM if we're still in it with 30 mins to go.

Ibra and Lukaku will be all over us in the air.... we will miss VVD`s aerial ability just like we did in the cup final..

Will we heck as like....Had you actually watched him this season even if VVD was allowed to take a step ladder on the pitch he would still be half ar$ed getting up it to win the ball in the air.

Absolutely this. More chance of hell freezing over then the useless ***** picking that team though.

I guess the Captain will be either Tadic or Forster then.

Improved performance, narrow defeat. Lukaku played back into form. Delusion levels raised enough to cause defeat to Palace in the next one.

If saints fan want to tip the 1 or 2 members of the hierarchy that are still in favour of Pellegrino staying, we need to be slightly less nice. The players and management at the moment know there is no real punishment for faliure at the moment.

If, however, after the first goal for united against our shambles of a team the fans stop fruitlessly giving their vocal backing to a disinterested side and instead, on live TV loudly call for the managers head for the remaining 70 mins, we might even see MP sacked before the palace game. No place to hide on Live coverage! Just have to keep it clean so it wouldn't get muted....