Manchester United Away Thread

Pamplemousse

If saints fan want to tip the 1 or 2 members of the hierarchy that are still in favour of Pellegrino staying, we need to be slightly less nice. The players and management at the moment know there is no real punishment for faliure at the moment.

If, however, after the first goal for united against our shambles of a team the fans stop fruitlessly giving their vocal backing to a disinterested side and instead, on live TV loudly call for the managers head for the remaining 70 mins, we might even see MP sacked before the palace game. No place to hide on Live coverage! Just have to keep it clean so it wouldn't get muted....

Let me guess, Les (the man who appointed him) is one of these 2. Textbook.

If saints fan want to tip the 1 or 2 members of the hierarchy that are still in favour of Pellegrino staying, we need to be slightly less nice.

Assume the "1 or 2" includes Gao, given his stance would trump all other opinions in the hierarchy...?

if the way Pellegrino has come across in that press conference just now is typical of him day to day on the training field no wonder our players seem to have any inspiration or motivation to do well. This CLUB needs a new leader and the TEAM need a new leader both of whom have some damn energy, enthusiasm and positivity.

A phrase I heard a while back "mood hoover" (someone who sucks all the energy out of the place) was applicable with Puel and it seems like MP is not able to put it back in!!!

Arrogance and complacency is a toxic mix and this seems to be the club from top to bottom. For the 2nd time in a few days I am praying we get hammered by the opposition. Hopefully Lukaku will find his scoring boots and we lose by 7 or 8. Surely then MP wll go, and Gao will realise that Reed cant make a decent decision anymore.

Otherwise, the nightmare scenario becomes more likely with every game....we go down.....the skatecvnts go up.

if the way Pellegrino has come across in that press conference just now is typical of him day to day on the training field no wonder our players seem to have any inspiration or motivation to do well. This CLUB needs a new leader and the TEAM need a new leader both of whom have some damn energy, enthusiasm and positivity.

A phrase I heard a while back "mood hoover" (someone who sucks all the energy out of the place) was applicable with Puel and it seems like MP is not able to put it back in!!!

Arrogance and complacency is a toxic mix and this seems to be the club from top to bottom. For the 2nd time in a few days I am praying we get hammered by the opposition. Hopefully Lukaku will find his scoring boots and we lose by 7 or 8. Surely then MP wll go, and Gao will realise that Reed cant make a decent decision anymore.

Otherwise, the nightmare scenario becomes more likely with every game....we go down.....the skatecvnts go up.

Maybe Vvd was the mood Hoover?

We’ve got to name our best team. Worry about Palace afterwards.
And one bit of cheerful news that I'd missed is that Palace have a day less recovery time than us - only 54 hours, and after a tough game (Man C).

If ever there will be a case for a high tempo game with as much pace and attacking intent as possible, it'll be the Palace game.

As for United, park the bus and hope.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I know this has probably been asked hundreds of times before but I can't be arsed to search back through the forum to find out (Honesty is sometimes the best policy....!)

What are the best pubs for away fans, both in the city centre during the afternoon and closer to the stadium nearer match time?

Cheers!

I know this has probably been asked hundreds of times before but I can't be arsed to search back through the forum to find out (Honesty is sometimes the best policy....!)

What are the best pubs for away fans, both in the city centre during the afternoon and closer to the stadium nearer match time?

Cheers!

Nothing at all near the ground, huge range and choice in town though.

As has been picked up on earlier, Palace match is a great opportunity as it is their third game in five days. Last year it was our misfortune to have the worst Xmas schedule, yet another thing that made it a weird season upon which to make any judgements. So would pick a team for this with an eye to the Palace game: 3-5-2 with Forster, Stephens, Hoedt, Yoshida, McQueen, Pied, Hojberg, Davis, JWP, Sims, Tadic

Look, we're going to get slaughtered anyway, so rest lemina who is still injured, spare Stephens the pleasure of being on the end of a mauling (his confidence no doubt dented already by Spurs) and try sims out wide right - can't do any worse, can he?

When did non Man Utd & non Man City fans start blindly calling them 'United' & 'City'? Does my head in.

Man Utd 1 Saints 3. They ain't that good. We ain't that bad.

1)Possibly as long ago as the 1960's.

2)Admire your optimism, but don't necessarily share your summary of the situation. No, they're not that good, although we have it in ourselves to make them look worldbeaters; unfortunately we can just be bad in key areas- defence, in goal especially, and in front of their goal (take a bow Shane Long & Redmond).

Hoping for an upset, but not banking on it.