Yoshida speaks up

Dublin Saint

Earlier in the season Romeu came out and bascially said "we're not playing very well because we're doing what the manager asks". Boufal made his feelings clear after West Brom, Hoedt has apparently had a bust up (although I think him getting uppity about not starting every game, if true, is wrong), and Austin had the subtlety of a Sledgehammer when asked after the Everton game whether he felt he should have been given a chance earlier.

I have heard a snippet, from an admittedly third-hand source but also one with no reason to make things up, that none of the players get on with Pellegrino. Everything else we've seen would point to as much.

They didn't get on with Puel either. Maybe we have a bunch of dicks for a squad.

Sounds pretty feasible. Football is not a greek democracy. Players need to do whatever the manager asks them to do to 100% of their capability. If they can't or won't then the manager needs to get players who can. Oh and having at least one "top player" who wants away in the camp never, ever helps.

Earlier in the season Romeu came out and bascially said "we're not playing very well because we're doing what the manager asks". Boufal made his feelings clear after West Brom, Hoedt has apparently had a bust up (although I think him getting uppity about not starting every game, if true, is wrong), and Austin had the subtlety of a Sledgehammer when asked after the Everton game whether he felt he should have been given a chance earlier.

I have heard a snippet, from an admittedly third-hand source but also one with no reason to make things up, that none of the players get on with Pellegrino. Everything else we've seen would point to as much.

When was this/Where is this?

Cheers. Not sure that quite tallies with the initial claim, but an interesting/alarming read all the same, especially as it's slightly incongruent with what I remember reading (linked below) from Romeu this season...not that that surprises me, since Romeu's form has been all over the place this season, so it's only fitting that his thought processes match :p

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/02/southamptons-oriol-romeu-handed-lasting-impression-pep-guardiola/. (last paragraph)

I remember a lot of similar glib articles in 2004/5 in which Claus Lundekvan for one would be wheeled out after an insipid performance and defeat telling the world "oh, the lads were really disappointed by that performance .. and will be giving it 110% on Saturday to make amends..."

Apparently that Austin was told that he was not in MP's plans as he was not his type of player, and so should look elsewhere. That may have changed with his goals now