Liverpool agree world-record £75m deal for Virgil van Dijk

SuperSAINT

That would be a disaster for Saints. The club would have a huge fall in income, smaller income = worse players and lower standard of players for fans to watch.

So what? The Premier League is the richest it ever has been, and this is one of the worst ever seasons. One horse title race, and teams playing dreadful football as they’re too scared to lose matches.

More money does not equal better football.

I’d rather win the title with a lower quality players than finish 6th with an amazing team of international talent.

Shame that it's the bin dippers but ultimately we need to get rid of him, been more like a cancer over the last year. Never ever thought i would see the day when players can act as he has and basically hold clubs to ransom to get what they want. The game gets more corrupt as more money is poured into it.

The sooner this smell leaves SMS the better as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'm beyond caring much about football full stop and hope that the bubble bursts and the whole thing collapses and we can get rid of these ridiculous sums, players ****ting on clubs and acting like complete and utter ****s.

Agree with this, don’t think I’ll bother going to Liverpool at home in Feb, hate the ****s .

I don’t see Saints spending anywhere near all that money either. We'll probably pay over the odds for another Boufal.

He’s been making it all up. He never has and never will be an ITK. He only copies what LeG and K Billy put on here and claims it as his own info.

Hahaha, that’s ok, I’ll keep news I get to myself now. More than happy with that.

The way the few who go out of their way to post info they have been told, which changes quickly I will add, to give the likes of you a heads up and then be treated the way we do, no thanks.

Agree with this, don’t think I’ll bother going to Liverpool at home in Feb, hate the ****s .

I'm on hols and giving the STs to a friend of my lad who is a Liverpool supporter. At least he might get some enjoyment out of things. Usually I plan my hols around the fixture list, but this season, I really couldn't be bothered to and instead found not ****sing off the Mrs was more appealing than getting depressed at SMS.

Hahaha, that’s ok, I’ll keep news I get to myself now. More than happy with that.

The way the few who go out of their way to post info they have been told, which changes quickly I will add, to give the likes of you a heads up and then be treated the way we do, no thanks.

And had it been to Man City or Chelsea you’d have still quoted yourself and said ‘told you so’.

Nice try but the rest of us aren’t fooled.

I'm on hols and giving the STs to a friend of my lad who is a Liverpool supporter. At least he might get some enjoyment out of things. Usually I plan my hols around the fixture list, but this season, I really couldn't be bothered to and instead found not ****sing off the Mrs was more appealing than getting depressed at SMS.

Surely you can do better than that.

Don't take Pamplemouse as representative, please, TID. You keep posting the nuggets, please. Some of us don't care who or what your source is, even if it's the stray cat at St Mary's.

Don't take Pamplemouse as representative, please, TID. You keep posting the nuggets, please. Some of us don't care who or what your source is, even if it's the stray cat at St Mary's.

You choose what you want to believe. I (and others) are merely pointing out that he posted something that turned out to be 100% incorrect.

So its you and your kind that are responsible for them getting in our end. :rolleyes:

Don't sit in an "end". The nipper is 10 and the father is not a tool who is going to jump up and down when Liverpool score. He might even bring his Mrs's Saints scarf with him. Or maybe his Mrs might come.

Ignore the haters mate. Keep posting info.

Pamplemouse and MLG just jealous

You choose what you want to believe. I (and others) are merely pointing out that he posted something that turned out to be 100% incorrect.

Sometimes the information available can be a moving target. I tend towards giving ITKs the benefit of the doubt unless it is genuine bull****. One of the reasons I come here is for the ITK snippets. I also come here to *****, complain and whine. That as well.

I’m not sure if this is an independent confirmation by Adam Blackmore, or if he is simply referring to the Wilson piece...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/946071484883259393

Still, he says the money will be reinvested into the playing squad.

Implying that we couldn't buy reinforcements without selling first?

How have we managed to sell all our best players for huge profits over the past few years, replaced them with cheap knock offs, and ended up with not only a garbage squad, but barely a penny to show for our wonderful strategy?

What happened to the Premier League riches and prize money that everyone else seems to have in the bank?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Happy for Virgil,now he gets to work under Jurgen. couple deals close 1 Striker in. Long out, but that was before Austins injury now not so sure.

Any clues on who Long is going to? I know he spoke to Brighton, Bmouth, Reading and Burnley in the summer (wasn’t keen on a move back up north)... assume it’s one of these? Bmouth now Defoe is out?

He could have forced through a move to city, won the premier league, had a good chance of CL and more. Yet he chooses Liverpool, for what? The most cringeworthy anthem in football, the most deluded fans and being left completely exposed by a lack of midfield cover and rubbish goalkeeper (again).

He's not going to look like the quality defender he is at Anfield. They'll still concede goals, they'll scratch their heads, they'll demand more signings.

Ha ha take the money and let him go. Lovren Mk11

With any luck they’ll be found out, get a slap and thrown out :rolleyes:

pig sick with this.

Can't blame the club for keeping hold in the summer

Can't blame the club for selling now, especially if £75m is close to the real figure.

But my dislike for Liverpool increases with every transaction with them.

As someone said previously, thanks Virgil, hope you like living up north and I hope you have as much success as Lovren, ****s the pair of you. You'll fit in well at the self-important, success deserving team that is Liverpool (but please don't tell us you have gone there to win the title, because that isn't what Liverpool do).

Brilliant. Can't say I ever remember you being ITK about anything or even seeing your user name ever before but you've already moved on to self-aggrandising "we special few who go out of our way" horsesh it.

And then it turns out you were telling people he wasn't going to go to Liverpool a couple of days ago. Genius.

So let's agree you're full of sh it and no problem if you never post on here again.

He could have forced through a move to city, won the premier league, had a good chance of CL and more. Yet he chooses Liverpool, for what? The most cringeworthy anthem in football, the most deluded fans and being left completely exposed by a lack of midfield cover and rubbish goalkeeper (again).

He's not going to look like the quality defender he is at Anfield. They'll still concede goals, they'll scratch their heads, they'll demand more signings.

nope, because he loves the gurning German guy

£75m - fine.

Liverpool - feels bitter selling to those c^nts at any price. Reassuring to see lizard Les has been negotiating with them after this summer's stance.

Trouble is I expect any amount of ££ is irrelevant if Pellgrano is in charge.

Vietto?

Yes that's our style, a gamble on another shortarse - Juanmi style - unproven striker.

I’m sure SFC TID can tell you, he has all the answers
I'm sure he is far too important and special to go out of his way to provide the little people on this forum with that kind of information.

If SFC TID says he's not coming here I'm off to get Ings face tattooed on my right shoulder.

Great deal, as long as money is spent on the team
That's the whole point, was any of the mane money reinvested? no not properly or on decent replacements we go for the bargain bin option every single time! We sell players for millions & then buy cheap usually rubbish replacements

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jeremy WilsonVerified account @JWTelegraph 2m2 minutes agoMore

Bit more detail on Van Dijk deal. It's £70m, rising to around £75m. Southampton wanted big chunk up front as they plan to be active in January too and want to get an attacker in quickly.

Youre aware the vast majority of top level transfers are done in instalments over a number of years and most would include add-ons?

You also seem to be overlooking Celtic get 10%, plus FC Groningen & Wilhelm also get a % under FIFA rules.

We wont get nor ever see anything like £70m

Its already dropped from £75 - 70m in 25 minutes

Shame that it's the bin dippers but ultimately we need to get rid of him, been more like a cancer over the last year. Never ever thought i would see the day when players can act as he has and basically hold clubs to ransom to get what they want. The game gets more corrupt as more money is poured into it.

The sooner this smell leaves SMS the better as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It’s been going on for years Micky. It’s nothing new unfortunately.