Liverpool agree world-record £75m deal for Virgil van Dijk

SuperSAINT

Bertrand leaving would be a big loss. Will depend who we bring in the replace. Given our recent record that'll probably be no-one, someone from Championship or someone you've never heard of.
but a lot of players we have never heard of before they arrive. The full back at Bristol City looked pretty decent the other day, there must be others around

Eventually we might get used to it, and see every player as a mercenary. The poor kids who worship a player and then they move off within a couple of seasons. At least when I was kid the stars

stayed quite a long time before they left, like Davies nd Channon

Class player, utterly classless human being. Glad he’s gone. You have to cut the cancer out in the end.

On the one hand, 75 million is money you can’t turn down.

On the other hand, we could have got rid for 60 in the summer and perhaps not gone backwards by about 2 years as a club.

Look forward to booing VD at the World Cup. Oh no, he’s not going to be there.

Contrast vvd with Morgan who moaned and then knuckled down and gave us a year of good service before departing with our thanks. Terrible from virgil and I wish him nothing but failure. I'm actually fed up of every player treating us like our club doesn't matter a jot. Depressing.

How much is that down to differences in personality vs. club situation? Maybe Morgan is a better and more principled pro; or perhaps with Koeman and the new additions in 2014, he was willing to bury the hatchet as the club was winning and going places.

How much is that down to differences in personality vs. club situation? Maybe Morgan is a better and more principled pro; or perhaps with Koeman and the new additions in 2014, he was willing to bury the hatchet as the club was winning and going places.
Well that's true and we don't know but I would have been equally critical of Morgan had he acted like virgil has with regards to putting in rubbish performances and then not playing. I think it's fair to say that not every player we have had in the past seven years would have acted as he has done when faced with the same situation.

Well Fonte has just shown what a prize cock he is, like his move has worked out really well

The blokes a bitter bellend. IMO, from what I’ve heard, he’s the reason all the disharmony in the squad started. He practically single handed turned the majority of the squad against the previous manager.

Kompany hobbling off after 10 mins tonight makes we wonder why we accepted the money so early. I don’t normally care who we sell to, but why make a big fuss in the summer, then suck them off 3 months later. I don’t believe the extra money, if there is any, is worth the Shiite we’ve had since then. All that’s happened is he’s got fit, disrupted us, and probably ****ed off people left out of the side to allow his half arsed efforts. Neither VvD or SFC have come out of this well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well Fonte has just shown what a prize cock he is, like his move has worked out really well

He’s a c0nt of the highest order, was a bad influence behind the scenes last season and is still carrying on. To think I was actually pleased for him when he won the Euros, now I wish Osvaldo had done a better job and ended his career.

Watching the Spurs game anyone can see a lot of the shlts wearing a saints shirt are not putting the effort in and it all stems back to when the rot set in last year, what is it with players being given the captaincy then showing zero respect for the club / fans.

Kompany hobbling off after 10 mins tonight makes we wonder why we accepted the money so early. I don’t normally care who we sell to, but why make a big fuss in the summer, then suck them off 3 months later. I don’t believe the extra money, if there is any, is worth the Shiite we’ve had since then. All that’s happened is he’s got fit, disrupted us, and probably ****ed off people left out of the side to allow his half arsed efforts. Neither VvD or SFC have come out of this well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheer up we got 75 million ffs. The club has done absolutely brilliant business here.

Does it really matter?

Our place in the pecking order is we are a feeder club.

We sell our best players and managers. Despite anything spouted by the club we won't ever break into the top 6.

The bookies don't think we are going down ( we are still around 9 to 1) and the club believe the same.

MP may be at risk of losing his job but only because he is not show casing players well enough to get top dollar for them and the business plan sold to Mr Gao is in jeopardy.

Oh and what happened to keep it quiet so no one knew we had any cash? Lol

This. Just found out about it as been asleep since finishing work at 3. In the summer I said I'd sell to anyone if we got £70 million plus, as it shows we won't be bullied. We've got more than we wanted. Liverpool have paid a premium to get a player that's rarely had a good game in a year, and I'm pleased. Yes it smacks of Alan Shearer/record transfer syndrome, but we do need to invest in the team and this will help. Of course I'd have preferred it weren't to Liverpool but at least they put their money where their mouth is.

Virgil throwing his toys out the pram in the summer is everything that's wrong with the game, but we made an admirable stand in the summer and kept him. Was it the wrong decision? Had we got £50 or so million this January then perhaps, but to get such a huge amount of money shows our stand was justified.

Liverpool Football Club acted terribly in the summer and were found out, and Virgil acted terribly. They deserve each other, and as good as he can be on his day, I'd say we've been suitably compensated, even after Celtic get their share. Now invest the whole bloody lot and sort the team out! (Starting with the manager!) As for Virgil, I hope he has another brush with Vardy...

Agree with every word of this.

Now before we go buying any players, let's get in a competant manager who will command the respect of the players and get them playing to their full potential.

It's great that such a huge sum has been agreed but how much of it will be reinvested back into the squad, not £75 I reckon. It should be enough to stave off relegation this year though, January is a difficult time to pick up decent players so I hope we choose wisely. His heart wasn't in it here, it's best for both clubs that he went.

Probably right. More like £50 for some top rate massage oil for Austin & a new pair of shin pads for Redmond.

New owners setting out their stall early in the first window fully under their control? Having to sell to buy certainly doesn't sound like next-level investment...

It's a Chinese take-away. See what I did there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that the Cortese who flogged Alex Oxlade Chamberlain?

I think we'd still have sold players, but we'd have kept some too. AOC being sold whilst we were in the Championship is hardly a benchmark for the wholesale flogging we've experienced whilst in the top division.