Liverpool agree world-record £75m deal for Virgil van Dijk

SuperSAINT

I’m personally hoping for a Lovren style decline. That would be hilarious to watch. Sadly I think he’ll do well there.

I hope we’ve got a decent replacement lined up. No way we can carry on with just Hoedt, Yoshida and Stephens. I reckon it’ll be an Alderweireld type loan deal.

Not often. Bet Liverpool come out and try & make out it isn't £75m.

K,Billy said he'd get his dream move soon.

They are bound to yeah. He’s a very good player, or was last season, but he’s not single handedly going to solve their defensive issues.......not unless he doubles up as a keeper.

Bet Lovren is delighted :lol:

Anyone notice the statement at the end...”Pellegrino is under a lot of pressure but has had the VVD situation hanging over him since the summer” or something to that affect.

Looks like Pellegrino’s sticking around for a bit. :(

I saw that but I don’t think the VVD situation has anything to do with us being crap under MP

I'm really concerned the board will buy into the 'spend your way safe' bull**** and leave Pellegrino in place.

He's done enough damage, we may well go down, but please christ let's not waste £70m as well.

And personally, I'd still rather it wasn't Liverpool.

If we lose to Palace and united then I don't think fans will let them continue with it, particularly if we end up in the relegation zone as a result.

I'm beyond caring that we are selling him to Liverpool. Use the money saints please to get us out of this mess and also get a decent manager in.

I'm beyond caring much about football full stop and hope that the bubble bursts and the whole thing collapses and we can get rid of these ridiculous sums, players ****ting on clubs and acting like complete and utter ****s.

I'm beyond caring much about football full stop and hope that the bubble bursts and the whole thing collapses and we can get rid of these ridiculous sums, players ****ting on clubs and acting like complete and utter ****s.

Sounds good to me. Lose the frills and focus on the actual sport.

The sooner these so-called elite clubs bugger off and form their own European Super League, the better.

Will be more like 30-35m with tons of ridiculous add ons.

Reed really does have a huge hardon for Liverpool

Are you aware the vast majority of top level transfers are done in instalments over a number of years and most would include add-ons? Saints won't be doing anything different to the rest of the market in this regard. They will be buying and selling players with similar transfer structures to everyone else in the industry.

We won't see anything like £75m.

We should not be bending over for Liverpool again. Not at any price.

So a big fat 0 for Leslie

I'd love to one day see you meet some of your claims with some actual evidence. I fear that day will never come.

Already many overlooking Celtic get 10%, plus FC Groningen & Wilhelm also get a % under FIFA rules.