£75m in for Vvd, who do you spend it on?

Dazza82

I know we all have different views but for what its worth here is mine .

Defence is fine .....Hoeydt stephens and yoshida as CBs with bendarak and alfie jones coming through is good enough in depth and quality .

DM is fine .....Lemina , Rom and PEH are prem stamdard together , Davis as back up and again we have youngsters coming through.

Wing backs FB ...fine no issues especially if we start playing three CB and three HMD lemina peh and rom are the best midfield., cedrid bertrand first choice but JWP/pied can do a job on right , targett and mcqueen left , also have youngsters coming through.

ITS in attack we have issues .

I would dump redmond for good sell him and also maybe Tadic.

The BOTH effect the tempo of our attacks badly .

Get walcott AND Giroud .

Goalkeeper ...we need a proper back up or replacement ....for a ball to pass six feet infront of a 6 ft 7 inch goalkeeper and him not catch it or even try to is criminal and not acceptable.

Stephens has been playing RB, he’s good enough at CB. I’d be worried about sticking with only those three due to our tendency to go with 3 CB’s against the big sides. One of those gets injured and we’re in the same predicament as last year as Bednarek and Gardos aren’t up to it. We definitely need a defender of some sort I think, all of our positions in the back line look a bit weak after an injury.

Neither are great at marking or in the air.

Good enough for 3/4th choice, not starting over a long period of time, no way.

I know we all have different views but for what its worth here is mine .

Goalkeeper ...we need a proper back up or replacement ....for a ball to pass six feet infront of a 6 ft 7 inch goalkeeper and him not catch it or even try to is criminal and not acceptable.

It wasn’t six feet, was it? Have another look and then come back and tell us how high it was.

It wasn’t six feet, was it? Have another look and then come back and tell us how high it was.

So what did he do then? Oh yeah stood and watched - any decent keeper would have gone for it and at least put him off it was 3 yards out FFS he has hands and arms doesnt he? Or are you suggesting it was miraculously dropped on Kanes head?

Keepers are allowed to jump too its in the rules!

Kane was virtually on the Goal line when he headed the ball that passed in front of Forster .........Do you think the likes of David seaman or the orginal Schemichel would have allowed that to pass in fron of them like that , he could have stopped that attack dead by coming out and clearing it but no .....watched it pass him by stuck to the line .....sorry whitey but dont think its good enough .

Flog Bertrand for big money, Forster, Long and Davis too while they still have some value. Gardos can **** off, loan out Bednarek and McQueen.

Sack Pellegrino.

Appoint Rodgers.

Sign Tierney to replace Bertrand, Armstrong to replace Davis and Dembele to replace Long, even if it costs us a ton of cash. Celtic always bow down to us anyway. :lol:

Also bring in Lascelles (to replace VVD) and Ziyech, with an attacking winger type like Cyprien brought in for the X Factor. Forster can be replaced by Butland.

Perfect fantasy window. I can dream...

Jeremy Wilson claims we hope to sign attacker next week plus other deals lined up. Club committed to reinvested all the money received and make major signings of their own.

I won't hold my breath.....

If true, they at least now are finally aware of the top priority. (Well, apart from replacing the clown, of course).

Better one and a half years late than never I suppose.

people clamouring for a new CB, we have good CB's, what we need is a Keeper behind them that can save bl00dy shots. WE do need a goalscorer and a playmaker.

These two in particular. Wingers, playmakers and a VVD replacement are all well and good, but the priorities (in order) surely must be:

1) New manager

2) Goalscorer

3) Non-statuesque goalkeeper

4) Replace Dave Watson and his hair to properly coach 3)

Sessegnon is interesting, at a guess we might have already agreed to let Bertrand go at the end of the season. And as they say are hoping that the offer of first team league football is enough to convince him to come to us over the bigger clubs where he is likely to sit on the bench. Personally I'd prefer Shaw as I think he is a better player right now and is more likely to stay long term as he has 'done' the big club thing and if we rehabilitate him back to near his best then we could have another Bertrand.

Same article says we already have a deal close to done in France.

Again not sure we need another centre-back, spending £25 million on someone like Mawson seems the wrong use of resources to me.

Looks unlikely the manager is getting sacked anytime soon.

Sturridge on loan with a view to buy is a good deal, as is Walcott returning.

Think we should also be looking at the Ox in the summer, he is not getting in that Liverpool team anytime soon.

A forward line of Boufal, the Ox, Walcott behind Sturridge/Austin looks pretty exciting.

First things first, get rid of the manager.

I don't think we need an overhaul, we just need a more fluid attacking style with a proper front man. Definitely need a new keeper as Fraser is woeful.

I'd like to see a 5-2-3 with Boufal and Gabbiadini supporting someone like a Giroud (or a non-crocked Austin).

We desperately need forwards operating on the same wavelength and under MP nobody plays consistently.

New Keeper

Cedric Yoshida Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina PEH

Gabbiadini Boufal

eg. Giroud

That looks solid defensively and with the ball you'd want to see Stephens move up and one of the midfielders get into the box.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

First things first, get rid of the manager.

I don't think we need an overhaul, we just need a more fluid attacking style with a proper front man. Definitely need a new keeper as Fraser is woeful.

I'd like to see a 5-2-3 with Boufal and Gabbiadini supporting someone like a Giroud (or a non-crocked Austin).

We desperately need forwards operating on the same wavelength and under MP nobody plays consistently.

New Keeper

Cedric Yoshida Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina PEH

Gabbiadini Boufal

eg. Giroud

That looks solid defensively and with the ball you'd want to see Stephens move up and one of the midfielders get into the box.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Yoshida and Stephens could never be described as ‘solid defensively’. One keeps falling over and the other goes off chasing rabbits.

Goalkeeper

Attacking midfielder (eriksen mould) but I've been saying that for 5 years who could actually see Gabbi's runs.

Someone with pace to replace tadic and stick boufal on the left

Expect 3 more centre backs and a DM from Les

Jack Wilshere....... Would have been a perfect replacement for Davis. Unfortunately looks like he's won himself a new contract at Arsenal. We should have got him in the summer, when we have the chance, like I suggested (and was of course shot down as its Hip to not like him along with BFS) :(

Really glad that we are no longer a selling club. Was getting really worried we might revert top type.

Do you really need this explained again? :mcinnes:

There are only a tiny handful of clubs in world football that are not selling clubs.

When Saints have a player that attracts world record bids of £75m and £180k per week wages then it obvious they aren't going to keep him.

There is nothing wrong with having players the worlds richest club want, if anything it is a good thing as it shows the quality we have at the club to keep finding them. Mario Lemina will also probably end up with a huge move eventually.

Let’s not kid ourselves the club have known since the summer that we'd be getting a lorry load of cash for Van Dijk in January. Our targets should have been identified and negotiations with those players clubs should be underway. If we don’t sign our targets early in January it’ll be a joke. I don’t think we can wait until end of January in our current form.

FWIW I would try and get Brendan Rodgers in and sign Walcott, Dembele (Celtic) and Gibson.

Reed needs to stop trying to unearth unheard of talents and hoping they work to increase his own reputation.

I agree with you.