£75m in for Vvd, who do you spend it on?

Dazza82

Realistic players only, I'd like to see

Theo Walcott £25m

Moussa Dembele £18m

Eliaquim Mangala (Loan with view to buy) £5m loan fee

Kieran Tierney £15m

Leaving 9m to find a keeper to compete with Forster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All I know is its absolutely impossible to have any confidence in Pelligrino or Read to bring in the right players. The recent record has been mediocre at best and completely dysfunctional at worst. I am sure we will get more hype from the clowns on the board that we have been watching player xyz for a number of years when in reality they are just taking a punt on cheap options who haven't made the grade anywhere else. A question, so when did we last sign someone who was playing in another teams first team week in week out?

First priority should be compensation for both Pellegrino and a new manager (we should not settle for choosing from the unemployed crop, find the right man for the job and ask his club what they want).

Striker top priority after that - i'd be tempted to look at Depoitre from Huddersfield, Assombalonga from Middlesbrough or Antonin Barak from Udinese.

After that I think the only additions we should make are if players go out - Redmond out, another AM in, Cedric/Bertrand out etc.

At centreback I would quite honestly pick Hoedt and Stephens there for the rest of the season. Let them play and progress together.

Josh Murphy. Young Norwich substitute winger. £11m

Wayne Hennessy. Crystal Palace reserve keeper. £4m

Mihai Balasa. Young Steaua Bucharest centre back. £6m

Daryl Murphy. Experienced Irish striker. £12m.

Every penny of the REAL transfer fee reinvested.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Is that a joke?

April 1st ???????

Eh, don't we already have a young Norwich substitute winger? who can't run forward more than 10 yards.

Gibson at Middlesbrough for the right money.

Met him last season when a friend was looking to sponsor the Middlesbrough shirt (they were subsequently relegated so he went for Swansea instead)

Playing well in championship by all accounts

A very West Brom-type of signing.

Is that a joke?
Well, obviously. More a none too subtle dig at how easily the club can burn through the "war chest" on total crap (replace the above examples with Redmond, McCarthy, Gardos and Long if you can't work it out) and have nothing to show for it.

There's no way we're "reinvesting" £75m. It'll be in the 30s, which as shown doesn't get you much, especially given our extremely mixed record in the transfer market in recent years. There's no room for errors.

Well, obviously. More a none too subtle dig at how easily the club can burn through the "war chest" on total crap (replace the above examples with Redmond, McCarthy, Gardos and Long if you can't work it out) and have nothing to show for it.

There's no way we're "reinvesting" £75m. It'll be in the 30s, which as shown doesn't get you much, especially given our extremely mixed record in the transfer market in recent years. There's no room for errors.

The thing is, if you sell £75mill worth of players and buy £30mill worth of players you are not investing in the squad - you are doing the opposite.

Giroud would suit our system of pumping in countless crosses. Although still have cedrics woeful crossing to contend with.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Forgot about Giroud! Big Sam said this week that he didn’t go to Everton because his wife didn’t want him moving up north. With the money we’ve just got we should easily be able to get him here and have plenty left over for two good wingers and a keeper.

Edit: But we won’t, obviously

Realistic players only, I'd like to see

Theo Walcott £25m

Moussa Dembele £18m

Eliaquim Mangala (Loan with view to buy) £5m loan fee

Kieran Tierney £15m

Leaving 9m to find a keeper to compete with Forster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quite honestly, romancing on any signings is pointless unless our new owner sacks the hapless Les Read and appoints someone that can re-enthuse players and fans with the vision we had when Marcus Liebherr saved SFC. Right now I would welcome Cortese and a new five year plan again. Even Pardew.

We need a player to replace Redmond, a player to replace Tadic and a player to replace Forster. It really shouldn’t be that hard to do. I personally think Gabbi is good enough to be our man up top, it’s the players behind him that waste his ability. However I would love a Lambert/Pelle type back because we’ve never been the same without it.

Forgot about Giroud! Big Sam said this week that he didn’t go to Everton because his wife didn’t want him moving up north. With the money we’ve just got we should easily be able to get him here and have plenty left over for two good wingers and a keeper.

Edit: But we won’t, obviously

Isn't Giroud out until February?

Whoever we sign need to be PROVEN premier league players. No foreign unknowns who have never played here, no ones for the future.

Proven, experienced PL players who know what it's about. Straight into the first 11, immediate enhancements to what we have.

E.G. Sell Redmond/jwp/Gardos/Tadic/ Macarthy/Bednarek/Long and buy 3 maybe 4 first team starters.

We have a bloated squad of averageness, time to cull numbers and improve quality.

Dependant on us being able to shift the deadwood, and attract decent replacements. Big If I know...