Serious available candidates for the impending managerial vacancy!

captain sensible

Martin O'Neil?

Tuchel?

WGS?

Michael O'Neil?

Will probably be a middling manager from Europe though.

My assumption is Tuchel is out of our range, and Michael O'Neill not experienced enough at this level.

I would be happy with WGS or Martin O'Neill though as they would fit the bill as the kind of experienced heads we need in this situation.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

As much as I love the initial clamour for a WGS return...it cannot happen! I have it on good authority that there is a quantity of yoghurt approaching its sell by date in his fridge...and...Les Reed runs the show! WGS would not put up with any interference or Augustin Delgado's. End of! We need some european candidates and possibly a few english ones.

Left side choice, Dean Smith, he has made Brentford a pretty good footballing team. Hell of a risk and not a big name to please the fans

None of these up and coming managers fills me with confidence, this is not the job currently for someone to try their hand at the big league. We are looking over our shoulder at the relegation zone, with a squad full of decent players but with big egos. We need an experienced manager, preferably a big name or someone respected, maybe even someone with Premier League experience, that can whip this team into shape.

My first choice is Rodgers. He can coach, he's been at big clubs, and he's turned Celtic into a strong team. I just think he fits. The question with him would be getting him... I think he'd be reluctant to leave Celtic. After that it gets tougher, I would have Koeman back but be wouldn't be a popular choice. After that it's slim pickings.

Personally I think we'll have Pellegrino longer than we all think, and that worries me.

None of these up and coming managers fills me with confidence, this is not the job currently for someone to try their hand at the big league. We are looking over our shoulder at the relegation zone, with a squad full of decent players but with big egos. We need an experienced manager, preferably a big name or someone respected, maybe even someone with Premier League experience, that can whip this team into shape.

My first choice is Rodgers. He can coach, he's been at big clubs, and he's turned Celtic into a strong team. I just think he fits. The question with him would be getting him... I think he'd be reluctant to leave Celtic. After that it gets tougher, I would have Koeman back but be wouldn't be a popular choice. After that it's slim pickings.

Personally I think we'll have Pellegrino longer than we all think, and that worries me.

yep Rodgers would be fine but would he be looking higher than us?

Tuchel apparently ruled himself out before and is waiting for a big club.

I was thinking about this. If every man has a price, what's his? if nothing else we can show we're a proven stepping-stone club... if you do well of course... how much would it take to get him?

Not that I really hold out any hope of getting rid of the current manager any time soon :-(

Glen Hoddle, with Eileen Drury stepping into Les’s boots?

So far...and as far as I can see...none of the suggestions...and there are a lot of credible ones...fit in with what Les Reed has historically appointed? Niche, upcoming & european/south american. He is not going to go with someone who is going to argue with him all day long. That is why Koeman wont come back. I suspect Les has probably looked at the Tuchel option, but is in all likelihood as stumped as we all currently are for a credible option? Rodgers is a good shout...but again, compensation and I don't see the heavily leveraged Gao family entertaining that option without exhausting other possibilities?

Patrick Viera

Mikael Arteta

Peter Bosz

Louis Van Gaal

Ronald Koeman

Chris Wilder

Gary Rowett

Marcelo Bielsa

Vincenzo Montella

Brendan Rogers

Done a lot of research on Viera in the summer and wanted him (after Tuchel) to take over. I don’t think it would be the right fit now though, unless we are willing to take a gamble and keep him for 2+ Years, regardless what happens this season. Same for Arteta, I guess.

Rowett & Wilder would be vgood if we are to drop.

Edited by SKD