Serious available candidates for the impending managerial vacancy!

captain sensible

Tenuous link warning

Patrick Viera was spotted to and spoken with in Heathrow on the 26th Dec (not sure if inbound or outbound), we got smashed on 26th Dec at Wembley (convenient for les), we have previously interviewed Koeman in/around Heathrow before he was announced.

Straws are being clutched

@heatherwilson24

Hahahaha leigh is so buzzing he just met Patrick Viera at Heathrow and got a picture ������

Edited by Convict Colony

Looking at the positives. No matter who we get in (if we do get a replacement) they should be able to guide us well clear of relegation. A lift in the players confidence/attitude/work rate which seemingly follows a new managerial appointment will be enough to get us out of this rut. We have a decent core of players and now hopefully 50 million plus to work with in January. Both of these elements will put us in a much better position than the likes of Swansea, Bournemouth, Newcastle, WHU, Stoke, WBA, Huddersfield and Brighton. Our saving grace is that there are some really poor teams in the league. Much bigger changes and investment in the squad is needed in the summer otherwise we're heading for year on year struggle

Tenuous link warning

Patrick Viera was spotted to and spoken with in Heathrow on the 26th Dec (not sure if inbound or outbound), we got smashed on 26th Dec at Wembley (convenient for les), we have previously interviewed Koeman in/around Heathrow before he was announced.

@heatherwilson24

Hahahaha leigh is so buzzing he just met Patrick Viera at Heathrow and got a picture ������

Now this is a proper rumour! Good stuff.

Well he's employed as such by man city so I doubt we could offer him anymore than he's got

Other than a chance to manage in the PL.

Pretty sure he’s been seen as long term replacement for Pep so it’s something that could work for both parties

Tenuous link warning

@heatherwilson24

Who spoke to him at Heathrow then ? I read this as Leigh (whoever he is) met Viera at Heathrow.

Once again Rowett. I'll keep suggesting him until he makes it to the top flight with Derby, which might not be long. Did an amazing job at Brum on a shoestring and after a tough start has got a team with a bit of money to perform too.

Sean Dyche for me.

Can't see a big club going for him, I'd say we have more pull and potential than Burnley and I'd love to see a British manager.

He has also shown that you can combine hard work grafting style with some better football.

Also Silva and Wagner as well.

Sean Dyche for me.

Can't see a big club going for him, I'd say we have more pull and potential than Burnley and I'd love to see a British manager.

He has also shown that you can combine hard work grafting style with some better football.

Also Silva and Wagner as well.

isn't Burnley his level though? He is doing a magnificent job moulding hardworking players to their best, but I'm not sure he will play the silky football our fans demand

Madness how so many people turn their nose up at Allardyce, yet hail Dyche as the saviour, when they practically play the same way.

Dyche would do no more in terms of getting more goals out of our forward line than the last 2.

isn't Burnley his level though? He is doing a magnificent job moulding hardworking players to their best, but I'm not sure he will play the silky football our fans demand

That appears to be what most chairmen are thinking. He's done a great job there. Burnley remind me a little bit of our team under WGS.

Some interesting candidates above - would love Tuchel and think Viera would be interesting and wake up our current underperformers, BUT, I just can't see Reed and Krueger pulling the trigger and admitting their error with Pelligrino. Think he'll be given a few quid to bring in a couple of makeweights in January and we won't see change until we are firmly in the bottom three, about three months too late.

Some interesting candidates above - would love Tuchel and think Viera would be interesting and wake up our current underperformers, BUT, I just can't see Reed and Krueger pulling the trigger and admitting their error with Pelligrino. Think he'll be given a few quid to bring in a couple of makeweights in January and we won't see change until we are firmly in the bottom three, about three months too late.

This is an exact transcript of the facts ...,

Once again Rowett. I'll keep suggesting him until he makes it to the top flight with Derby, which might not be long. Did an amazing job at Brum on a shoestring and after a tough start has got a team with a bit of money to perform too.

Agree, he does appear to have what it takes to organise a side and get them playing.

I would welcome him here

Swansea City appoint Carlos Carvalhal days after Sheffield Wednesday sacking ~ @JBurtTelegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/28/carlos-carvalhal-appointed-swansea-city-days-sheffield-wednesday/

Wow they really want to go down don't they....actually that may be harsh(edit) not a manager I would have gone for.

Edited by Give it to Ron

Disagree, not sure why people make Burnley out to be some sort of long ball merchants, look at the players he signs when he has some cash, the likes of Defour and Cork for example are not hoof it players.

He is not Pulis Mk 2 IMO. Burnley play some good stuff at times, look at their goals against Chelsea but they are also pragmatic and have to work with what they have got.

Hardly like we didn't go long when we had Pele here either, don't remember the fans complaining about that because it won games and got goals scored.

We also need to consolidate and get the best out of our squad, seems the best man for the job to me.

Judging by the table 7th in the Prem and over 10 points ahead of us is currently his level. I'd take that if it was available.
But look at the football he's played to get there, we'd be calling him Puel mark 2 by the end of the season. We may not be in a position to be but we have very fickle fans.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Disagree, not sure why people make Burnley out to be some sort of long ball merchants, look at the players he signs when he has some cash, the likes of Defour and Cork for example are not hoof it players.

He is not Pulis Mk 2 IMO. Burnley play some good stuff at times, look at their goals against Chelsea but they are also pragmatic and have to work with what they have got.

Hardly like we didn't go long when we had Pele here either, don't remember the fans complaining about that because it won games and got goals scored.

We also need to consolidate and get the best out of our squad, seems the best man for the job to me.

FFS why would he want to come to us when he is doing such a good job at Burnley

Thank **** we’re not a fan owned club, because some of the names touted on this “serious candidate” thread are ****ing deluded.

Brenda will not leave Celtic before the summer, no ****ing chance.

People are moaning about our present manager, mini Rafa, yet calling for the real thing. He causes aggro with the board everywhere he goes and is every bit as negative as our last 2 managers. There’s also zero chance of him wanting to come to a club our size.

Anybody who thinks Dyche or Wagner would leave their present employment and join us mid season, is completely hat stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank **** we’re not a fan owned club, because some of the names touted on this “serious candidate” thread are ****ing deluded.

Brenda will not leave Celtic before the summer, no ****ing chance.

People are moaning about our present manager, mini Rafa, yet calling for the real thing. He causes aggro with the board everywhere he goes and is every bit as negative as our last 2 managers. There’s also zero chance of him wanting to come to a club our size.

Anybody who thinks Dyche or Wagner would leave their present employment and join us mid season, is completely hat stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cos vvd, Forster and victor didn’t leave Celtic for us?

Swansea don't seem to have much of a strategy these days (18m on Sam Clucas signals a recruitment team with very little idea). A shame really, they've kind of suffered a similar fate to us - hit the heights of Europe with sought after players, lose the players, chop and change managers, make poor replacements and then you're in a cycle. Let’s hope the VVD fortune enables us to swing around our direction quicker than Swansea have been able to

Swansea don't seem to have much of a strategy these days (18m on Sam Clucas signals a recruitment team with very little idea). A shame really, they've kind of suffered a similar fate to us - hit the heights of Europe with sought after players, lose the players, chop and change managers, make poor replacements and then you're in a cycle. Let’s hope the VVD fortune enables us to swing around our direction quicker than Swansea have been able to

They really stitched themselves up by selling all the goal scorers. Llorente & Gylfi are massive misses for them.

At least they only just did that. Pelle & Mane left ages ago and we still haven't replaced them.

They really stitched themselves up by selling all the goal scorers. Llorente & Gylfi are massive misses for them.

At least they only just did that. Pelle & Mane left ages ago and we still haven't replaced them.

I think the club had optimism with Austin, let's be fair if he's fit he will always score bags of goals. He just isn't fit for long enough. We were probably optimistic about Jay as well as Long, so you couldn't have really second guessed Long completely forgetting how to play football - and Jay just never returned to his previous self. It was always a risk selling 45/50% of your goals in a single window though, I’ll give you that. The money we got for Pelle just blinded our eyes I think.

I think the club had optimism with Austin, let's be fair if he's fit he will always score bags of goals. He just isn't fit for long enough. We were probably optimistic about Jay as well as Long, so you couldn't have really second guessed Long completely forgetting how to play football - and Jay just never returned to his previous self. It was always a risk selling 45/50% of your goals in a single window though, I’ll give you that. The money we got for Pelle just blinded our eyes I think.

I agree. It seemed so strange to change our style of striker after Lambert / Pelle had worked so well for us.

It's so noticeable how much better we look with Austin in the side, and he isn't really a target-man type.

T

What utter nonsense, anyone who thinks they wouldn't is completely deluded.

Like Silva didn't want to leave Watford for Everton? Who were way higher up the table, oh wait he very much did and almost fell out with his own board.

Of course they'd move, Burnley are pretty much at the max they can be, same with Huddersifled, moving to use would be a step up, this is a team and club that has been op 6-8 for the last 3-4 years.

Half a season of consolidation and then the ability to kick on next season with much better players and more finances.

Like Silva didn't want to leave Watford for Everton? Who were way higher up the table, oh wait he very much did and almost fell out with his own board.

Of course they'd move, Burnley are pretty much at the max they can be, same with Huddersifled, moving to use would be a step up, this is a team and club that has been op 6-8 for the last 3-4 years.

Half a season of consolidation and then the ability to kick on next season with much better players and more finances.

But the point is Silva didn't move. Watford stonewalled Everton and then told them to f*ck off. I would imagine Burnley would do the same if anyone came in for Dyche mid-season.

Whether Dyche or Silva would want to leave is another matter. Moving in the close season is a lot easier than doing it mid-season.

I am going for Louis van Gaal. In previous threads I said Peter Bosz and still believe hcdajfu, however in this time I think Louis van Gaal would be a better option considering his experience.

Reasons for Van Gaal:

- Experience at big clubs throughout Europe,s top leagues

- Known for playing youngsters

- Big name and can attract good players

- The likes of Tadic and Bertrand wont try and be Billy big b*llocks in the dressing room

- Wants to manage in the PL again, and Southampton to Amsterdam is an easy commute (to see his kids etc).

- He can lay foundations for a new 'Southampton Way' (he contributed to the current set up of Barcelona)

Reasons not to employ Van Gaal

- Van Gaal doesnt like being told what to do by others (Les Reed)

- Might cost a bit in salary

I am going for Louis van Gaal. In previous threads I said Peter Bosz and still believe hcdajfu, however in this time I think Louis van Gaal would be a better option considering his experience.

Reasons for Van Gaal:

- The likes of Tadic and Bertrand wont try and be Billy big b*llocks in the dressing room

- Wants to manage in the PL again, and Southampton to Amsterdam is an easy commute (to see his kids etc).

- He can lay foundations for a new 'Southampton Way' (he contributed to the current set up of Barcelona)

Agreed with this option.

More finances? We're effectively £200m in debt. The days of us being regarded as a well-run, debt free club are over. Watford's record signing is (just) higher than ours, and Burnley aren't far behind. The VVD sale represents a pretty big windfall, but I doubt anyone already managing in the PL is looking at us as anything other than a sideways step right now (and unfortunately, like it as not, the Everton job is a lot bigger than the Saints job, so the situation with Watford and Silva isn't at all comparable).

Reasons for Van Gaal:

Wasn't he dull as dishwater at Manure though? Seem to remember a bit of a goal drought.

My No 1 choice too. He has performed well at Burton, Blues & the Rams. That said, not sure he would want to come here............