Serious available candidates for the impending managerial vacancy!

captain sensible

My No 1 choice too. He has performed well at Burton, Blues & the Rams. That said, not sure he would want to come here............

Yes I rate him and would be very supportive in a summer switch. I am worried about a relegation battle and a young inexperienced manager, so timing not great, but perhaps a gamble worth taking. No guarantee that Derby would agree to talks of course, regardless of compensation.

I am going for Louis van Gaal. In previous threads I said Peter Bosz and still believe hcdajfu, however in this time I think Louis van Gaal would be a better option considering his experience.

Reasons for Van Gaal:

- Experience at big clubs throughout Europe,s top leagues

- Known for playing youngsters

- Big name and can attract good players

- The likes of Tadic and Bertrand wont try and be Billy big b*llocks in the dressing room

- Wants to manage in the PL again, and Southampton to Amsterdam is an easy commute (to see his kids etc).

- He can lay foundations for a new 'Southampton Way' (he contributed to the current set up of Barcelona)

Reasons not to employ Van Gaal

- Van Gaal doesnt like being told what to do by others (Les Reed)

- Might cost a bit in salary

Agreed he would shake the players up & not stand for their nonsense, not achance in hell he would come to little Southampton though, especially with the state we are in

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Agreed he would shake the players up & not stand for their nonsense, not achance in hell he would come to little Southampton though, especially with the state we are in

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

After managing Ajax, The Netherlands and Barcelona (twice), Van Gaal moved to Eredivisie club AZ Alkmaar. In the 4 seasons he managed them they finished 2nd, 3rd, 10th and in his final year they became champions for the first time. We are a great club for Van Gaal to manage as we have a good youth setup and there is little pressure.

After managing Ajax, The Netherlands and Barcelona (twice), Van Gaal moved to Eredivisie club AZ Alkmaar. In the 4 seasons he managed them they finished 2nd, 3rd, 10th and in his final year they became champions for the first time. We are a great club for Van Gaal to manage as we have a good youth setup and there is little pressure.

LVG is tempting considering our present manager is ****e, but Man U did not work out very well at all for him.

If MP loses any of the following games, he will be sacked. A heavy United defeat... Palace... Fulham. The club want a cup run.

That doesn't make any sense to me, if that is the thinking then he should just be sacked right now. The biggest reason to sack him should be whether there is someone better that fits the way we operate available and willing to come, if there is then he should go, if not he stays. It shouldn't depend on the next few results, if that was the case then either there is someone available but we don't have the courage of our convictions to make a decision or there isn't and we will sack him with no idea what to do next.

Wasn’t LVG interested (to some extent) in the Swansea job? If that’s the case then surely he’d at least want to see what we’ve got to say - he could be exactly what we need at this point in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading the opposite- Swansea were all excited about signing him up but he was not interested.

Totally different level of expectations

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Naaa. They scored less goals than us that season. The only reason they finished one place above us was because their defence was brilliant. He's a very defensive manager.

Given how he's set Newcastle up against City, I'm not sure he'd be any bit different to what we've had. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

He's made it plainly clear they are not good enough so he's only setting up what he's got. We've got 75 from VVD I would have every faith in him with decent signings to get some of the others in shape and sort it out.

Naaa. They scored less goals than us that season. The only reason they finished one place above us was because their defence was brilliant. He's a very defensive manager.
Go and look at his record...why would we want him !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It won't be him anyway will want full control

Edited by Give it to Ron

Only the demented

I'm demented then....76 was one of the best footballing days ever. We have been starved of trophies. The premiership isn't the be all and end all for me and just run for the top 6 the rest just shuffle the deckchairs.

We can't compete and would love us to win more silverware we would come back up again in time.

I'm demented then....76 was one of the best footballing days ever. We have been starved of trophies. The premiership isn't the be all and end all for me and just run for the top 6 the rest just shuffle the deckchairs.

We can't compete and would love us to win more silverware we would come back up again in time.

They aren't mutually exclusive

Would anyone here take winning the FA Cup at the expense of getting relegated, like Wigan a few years ago?
Yep. We're a club that have won pretty much eff all so a few more trophies on the honours list is needed, plus trips to Wembley are brilliant and we haven't had enough.

And personally I don't fear the Championship - it gives me loads of away games I can get to easily with no worries about getting tickets. There's plenty of clubs similar to us down there.

They aren't mutually exclusive

So what was the point of you post then confused....you said only the demented in response to "Would anyone here take winning the FA Cup at the expense of getting relegated, like Wigan a few years ago?

Surely thats the choice?

Yes I would take an FA Cup win...although I think a JPT(or whatever its called now) win is more likely under Pellegrino.

ive not read all the posts so if someone else has said my choice,sorry.

lets try and get Brendan Rodgers in,he's taken celtic as far as he can,i know they are a bigger club than saints but he'd like to be back in the premier league and personally think he'd do well with us.

our squad isn't that bad,its just the managers tactics and style of play don't suit us.

fingers crossed as we are heading down if we don't replace him,

So what was the point of you post then confused....you said only the demented in response to "Would anyone here take winning the FA Cup at the expense of getting relegated, like Wigan a few years ago?

Surely thats the choice?

Yes I would take an FA Cup win...although I think a JPT(or whatever its called now) win is more likely under Pellegrino.

No, because you can win the FA Cup but not get relegated...

Yep. We're a club that have won pretty much eff all so a few more trophies on the honours list is needed, plus trips to Wembley are brilliant and we haven't had enough.

And personally I don't fear the Championship - it gives me loads of away games I can get to easily with no worries about getting tickets. There's plenty of clubs similar to us down there.

Have to agree there...No more Big time Charlies and Fancy Dans...cheaper tickets...more accessible...no fear of the Championship!

If MP loses any of the following games, he will be sacked. A heavy United defeat... Palace... Fulham. The club want a cup run.

Cant understand why he wasn't sacked after the defeat v Spurs then. That was heavy enough, masked by 2 errors from Lloris. If they wanted to, they could have got more than 5.

I’d take Michael O’Neill

Although he might play a declining Davis in every match

I think that you do him an injustice. Davis is his best player for NI but would not necessarily be so for us. As you imply, Davis is a bit out of form at the moment. For NI, O'Neill would have no option but to play him. That would not necessarily be the case for us.

I can't see our players working for some has been English manager or a younger one coming up through the ranks . They need to be in awe of a name and wanting to show they are the next big thing . Names that have been mentioned are not us or the Southampton way and the very thought of ghashers Rodgers is horrific .

I can't see our players working for some has been English manager or a younger one coming up through the ranks . They need to be in awe of a name and wanting to show they are the next big thing . Names that have been mentioned are not us or the Southampton way and the very thought of ghashers Rodgers is horrific .

and who the hell could we realistically get, in our current predicament, who could do that then?