Saints to use VVD money to bring Theo Walcott back (social media)

Bad Wolf

One thing I wonder...How would we feel about being linked with Theo if he WASN'T one of our own? How would Stoke, West Ham or Bombey feel about being linked with him? I sometimes think our fans look at our ex players with a certain bias. He's good. But I honestly don't think he's got that Le Tissieresk bit of magic we need.

Take away the sentiment...... I don't think this would be a good idea.

High wages, injury prone, not getting into the Arsenal side and 28 years old. At his peak this would be a great signing. As he is now..... It feels wrong, against everything that has seen us push on in recent years.

Although, last year he played 28 times and scored 10.

1) Is he a better wide-forward/winger than Redmond and Tadic?: Yes

2) Does he have a better attitude than Redmond and Tadic?: Yes

3) Will he get more goals and assists than Redmond and Tadic?: Yes

4) Is he less likely than Redmond and Tadic to demand a “move to the next level” after a few good performances?: Yes

5) Will he accept lower/equal wages to Redmond and Tadic?: No

6) Is he younger than than Redmond and Tadic?: No/Yes

7) Would he notice Gabbi’s runs more than Redmond and Tadic (and actually consider passing to him)?: Yes

Conclusion: Should we buy him to improve on Redmond/Tadic: Yes (Score: 5.5 out of 7)

High wages, injury prone, not getting into the Arsenal side and 28 years old. At his peak this would be a great signing. As he is now..... It feels wrong, against everything that has seen us push on in recent years.

I’m struggling with just this issue. Right now the sentimentalist in me is winning.

Although, last year he played 28 times and scored 10.

Yeah not getting in the arsenal team, shouldn’t bother.

What does according to "Facebook" or according to "social media" really mean?

There are 2 billion people registered on Facebook. The actual source is The Mirror & The Telegraph.

Some fan made page. Possibly b0llocks. I did make that pretty clear in the OP.

You literally can't say anything on here without being ripped to shreds.

Don’t really get the fuss, pretty average player. However that being said, he’s better than Redmond and will offer us some much needed pace in the side, I just hope we play him RF of a 3, with a new target man through the middle and Boufal on the Left.

Not one to usually want players to make a return, but feel like Walcott perhaps left a year or 2 too early, so has some unfinished business with us.

Overall, would said it’s a 6or7/10 signing for me.

Every club in Europe will have noticed that A) we are in trouble B) we now have money to spend so they will be looking to flog us all of their unwanted and unloved donkeys

Theo an unwanted donkey...hahahahah fck me....lets stick to Tadic having one good game in a year, Redmond turning backwards and Long hitting the programme sellers in the concourse rather than a proven England and Premiership player.....jeesh.

Not for me, he's too injury prone and doesn't score enough. I want SFC to go big on a proven goal scorer, Giroud would be fantastic but can't see it. Not easy to get a good target man but the club must secure one if they want to stay in the prem.

Trouble is if MP stays he will probably destroy any decent player.

Not for me, he's too injury prone and doesn't score enough. I want SFC to go big on a proven goal scorer, Giroud would be fantastic but can't see it. Not easy to get a good target man but the club must secure one if they want to stay in the prem.

Trouble is if MP stays he will probably destroy any decent player.

Doesn't score enough? 19 goals in 37 games last season!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Walcott#Club

2016–17[129] Premier League 28 10 3 5 0 0 6[a] 4 — 37 19

Arsenal Mania forum members offering to drive Theo here. One of them doesn't hold a license or own a car and yet is still offering to bring Theo here.

Another issue is they think they will take £40m from us for the privilege.

I hope they have all been on the bong all Christmas!!

Now there are many here who ask whether he is better than Redmond and Tadic.... but he has always wanted to play up the middle. One might ask whether he would offer more than Long.

Chaz or Gab up top. Boufal, Theo, Tadic behind the front man.

Edited by angelman

Then we'd just be signing an experienced fast top club goalscoring international.

Let's be sensible, we're replacing Redmond. The bar is extremely low anyway, but Theo is a very good player and fantastic signing for any non top 6 side.

But is the marker to judge against being better than Redmond? Or should it be what we can get for £25m and £80k a week?

I think he'd be a great signing.

He is a better wide-man than any of our options. He will certainly do a far better job on the right side than anyone we have, both from a creative and goal-scoring point of view.

Plus he does have a fair bit of experience, and, given he is 'one of ours' - may well bring some drive and passion for the club into the first team.

Not sure I'd want him up front on his own though.

Of course signing him doesn't mean we're NOT getting a target man too.

Pace up front, and the lift he would bring to the club, would be a massive bonus.

As for Arsenal fan saying the would drive him here, probably the same morons we have on here who have said similar things about ours. I take little notice of opposing fans opinions as most don't know a decent player when they see one.

But is the marker to judge against being better than Redmond? Or should it be what we can get for £25m and £80k a week?

Spot on. I'd of thought that sort of budget would buy you a fair bit from abroad, which tends to be our focus

I really do not get the negativity from some about Walcott. Who...seriously, who is better that we have even a small chance of getting? He is in and around the England team, in my opinion is better than Sterling, although to be fair he is having a very good season, but last year it was no contest. Forget the age, although 28 is basically prime time in most footballers careers. Even though we have similar type IF you judge him as a wider attacking player, he is better than Redmond, Tadic, Sims, Long, and Boufal (more skilful but fewer goals than Theo), he has always said he wants to play through the middle. Not the scorer, but he could easily be a Defoe type of forward given the chance, that Wenger never did, other than the odd game here and there.

As you can tell, I really hope this happens as I do not think we can get a better player (permanently) who knows this league. We need 2-3 players who can come straight in and get going, not take a few months to "settle"!!

IF we were to get Sturridge as well on loan I think that would be very exciting. He is not the longer term option granted but in a World Cup year could be a very smart move. You'll soon see how injured he really gets....

On top of these two, I think Mawson would be a great option at the back as he is the type of CB we do not currently have, very strong in the air and strong, albeit less mobile than the others but that is not an issue when the other CB or 2 are more mobile. Reading the game is the key.

Even though I have wanted MP to go fo a few weeks, if we can have a good transfer window, then even with him I think we can secure safety and top 10 again. Anyway, I am choosing to be positive for a while about Saints, at least until they let us down come Feb 1st!!!!!

He will cost an awful amount of money & will bring goals from the AM role which is something we are definitely in need off but I don't think he will be the best option for us. I would much rather take Giroud & Willshire off of them, admittedly both are injury prone but they would bring lots of goals with them & suit our style of play much better, Giroud would be the big target man ala Sir Rickie & Willshire will feed the strikers from midfield

Against Huddersfield we managed to break from their corner's 3 or 4 times in the second half, but our lack of pace just meant we slowed everything down and allowed them to get back into position and then we're left passing it round in their half looking for a gap that we never find. Teams don't fear us on the counter attack. Walcott would bring exactly what we need, pure pace and directness. He is of course not all we need, I too would love Giroud like most on here, he's fantastic and again would be a great alternative for us, but Walcott would be a great signing in my opinion.

I also think it'd bring a big lift to everyone, not just because it's Theo, but because it'd signal a different approach from the club by signing a player for now rather than for what he'll be worth in two years. Get him in!!

Tadic should love playing with Theo. I always thought Theo was at his best when running onto a through ball.

I know he wants to be a striker, but I see him best operating like Mane did for us, making darting runs in behind defenders.

Well that's fallen down then because 95% of the time the ball is often played to where the player was when the thought to pass was made or to where the player would be on Playstation.

An Arsenal supporting mate, who hob knobs with folks behind the scenes at Arsenal confirmed its been mentioned.

Gearing up for the Championship IMHO

We have Katharina, whose heart has never been in it like her Father's was

We have a Chinese owner ............ of two corner shops, with no major investment likely

We have a Manager who is absolutely clueless, defends for 90 minutes, then forgets about time added on

PLUS

We (still) have Les Reed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What (else ) could possibly go wrong ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will get Theo as a sop to the fans.

He’s available, he’s one of our own, he’s not at all bad... but he’s not being selected at Arsenal for a reason. It’s not just that he is injury prone.

But - I’d welcome him home for a fee less than £10m.

We need a striker - and let’s face it, he’s still x4 times as good as Redmond.

Hope he comes but he can’t be seen as the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will get Theo as a sop to the fans.

He’s available, he’s one of our own, he’s not at all bad... but he’s not being selected at Arsenal for a reason. It’s not just that he is injury prone.

But - I’d welcome him home for a fee less than £10m.

We need a striker - and let’s face it, he’s still x4 times as good as Redmond.

Hope he comes but he can’t be seen as the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he is behind Sanchez and Lacazette who are rubbish....19 goals last season and we have some saying no!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It might be that the club are conscious of the discontent simmering amongst the fanbase concerning Pellegrino, results in general, left over discontent from the end of last season, and the VVD sale to Liverpool, and are looking to boost morale by bringing one of our higher profile academy players home. I am personally still at the stage where I would love to see Theo back in a Saints shirt, if the price is reasonable.

We have a Chinese owner ............ of two corner shops, with no major investment likely

We have a Manager who is absolutely clueless, defends for 90 minutes, then forgets about time added on !

Do you really believe this pony?

You’ve absolutely no idea of whether Kat’s heart was in it, or even whether Marcus’ was. All I know is she did a damn fine job for the time she was in charge. It’s actually pretty hard to see how she could of done any better.

“Two corner shops”, really?

What makes you think our Manager forgets about time added on. Bloke whose played for Barca, in 2 Champions league finals, won La Liga , but is so simple and clueless he doesn’t realise there’s injury time.

Stop writing nonsense, you’re coming over as a simpleton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a Manager who is absolutely clueless, defends for 90 minutes, then forgets about time added on

PLUS

We (still) have Les Reed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What (else ) could possibly go wrong ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which personality are we dealing with now?

I look forward to you responding to yourself again.