Walcott & Sturridge in?

the colonel

No to Sturridge. If he was ever fit enough to score a goal for us, I’d take a running jump accross the advertising board and do a reverse-Cantona into his face when he performed that goal celebration.

Yes to Walcott.

My thoughts exactly!

Laugh at people turning down Sturridge. Actually one of most talented players in PL and yeah a risk but it’s not my fcking money. Would love him but don’t in any way expect it to happen.

As well as the van Dijk fee and the fees for anyone else sold this month, the club also gets the 200 million PL prize/TV money, which combined must give it more cash than nearly any other club in the league, and they already paid back the loan to Kat plus interest before the takeover was completed. I understand that wages and running costs will take a sizeable chunk, the same as they do at any other club, but relative to those others we should have more cash to spare, especially as a few of them like Spurs are currently pouring a fortune into new stadium development or are planning to.

Coral have tweeted about the short odds on Walcott coming back Saints:

Probably just reflects bets going in following the recent press stories but could still be a bit of a pointer to something happening soon?

According to someone on UI he had had an offer from Everton as well but cant decide...hmm BFS and Everton or a club in crisis....even though wife probably wants to move back here with the lure of West Quay and the ice rink.

According to someone on UI he had had an offer from Everton as well but cant decide...hmm BFS and Everton or a club in crisis....even though wife probably wants to move back here with the lure of West Quay and the ice rink.

TBF Everton haven't completley come out of their crisis yet. Their fans are already calling for BFS out, not joking either.

TBF Everton haven't completley come out of their crisis yet. Their fans are already calling for BFS out, not joking either.

No idea on validity of this guy and probably a skate on wind up on there as usual as its plagued with a couple but....

The club's position on Pellegrino on 15:35 - Jan 3 by DockersRottingCorpse

I can assure you the new owner is not happy. He wants rid of long, Austin and at least one other player, and wants 2 new strikers. Walcott has had an offer from Everton and us and can't make his mind up.

The owner is also keen on Sturridge.

With regards to the manager/ management. Watch this space!.

More news when I have it....

No idea on validity of this guy and probably a skate on wind up on there as usual as its plagued with a couple but....

The club's position on Pellegrino on 15:35 - Jan 3 by DockersRottingCorpse

I can assure you the new owner is not happy. He wants rid of long, Austin and at least one other player, and wants 2 new strikers. Walcott has had an offer from Everton and us and can't make his mind up.

The owner is also keen on Sturridge.

With regards to the manager/ management. Watch this space!.

More news when I have it....

Smells like s**t to me.

Ice rink?? When did that happen??

Lol if this is true it's laughable...and people moaned about Cortese rumoured to be picking out signings...now we have a Chinese businessman deciding who we buy. lets hope he fancies Ronaldo in his fantasy team.. Only add another 20 million to the double VD money and he's ours! Or if he wants to get money back into China we could get Oscar, Tevez and Pelle?

Perhaps he will sack MP and give his son the job like that Cardiff nutty owner?

Lol if this is true it's laughable...and people moaned about Cortese rumoured to be picking out signings...now we have a Chinese businessman deciding who we buy. lets hope he fancies Ronaldo in his fantasy team.. Only add another 20 million to the double VD money and he's ours! Or if he wants to get money back into China we could get Oscar, Tevez and Pelle?

Perhaps he will sack MP and give his son the job like that Cardiff nutty owner?

To be fair, if he has been keeping an eye on things over the last few months, I'd be considering stepping in at this point to try to save our season. I wouldn't be trusting Reed or MP with the VVD cash.

To be fair, if he has been keeping an eye on things over the last few months, I'd be considering stepping in at this point to try to save our season. I wouldn't be trusting Reed or MP with the VVD cash.

This. I’d even consider Gao up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BREAKING NEWS

Southampton are favourites to sign Arsenal’s Theo Walcott if the winger leaves the Emirates during the January transfer window, according to Sky sources.

It’s understood the situation is likely to become clearer in the next week with talks expected between the club and Walcott’s representatives although a deal is not imminent.

Walcott may consider wage cut to secure more games ahead of this summer’s World Cup in Russia.

PLUS:

SAINTS UPDATE

In addition, Southampton are not interested in signing Daniel Sturridge and Ryan Sessegnon, according to Sky sources.

Walcott and a CB to partner Hoedt rather then sturbridge would be enough to help us push up into mid table and finish 10th or 9th, Van Dijk and Hoedt play last night and we win that game, Stephens and Yoshi are the worst CBs ever for marking players, the main problem is GK and defending followed by wingers not setting up goals, I prefer Bertrand and Cedric whipping balls into Austin then Redmond Boufal and Tadic, strikers are not the issue, Austin and Gabba can both score 10 each in the premier league when used as a rotation and both play at east 28-30 games.

Forster/McCarthy

Cedric Hoedt new CB Bertrand

Lemina Romeu or PEH

Tadic Boufal Walcott

Austin

Subs Gabba Davis and PEH/Romeu as the main super subs who rotate in and out with some of the starters.

Walcott and a CB to partner Hoedt rather then sturbridge would be enough to help us push up into mid table and finish 10th or 9th, Van Dijk and Hoedt play last night and we win that game, Stephens and Yoshi are the worst CBs ever for marking players, the main problem is GK and defending followed by wingers not setting up goals, I prefer Bertrand and Cedric whipping balls into Austin then Redmond Boufal and Tadic, strikers are not the issue, Austin and Gabba can both score 10 each in the premier league when used as a rotation and both play at east 28-30 games.

Forster/McCarthy

Lemina Romeu or PEH

Tadic Boufal Walcott

Austin

Subs Gabba Davis and PEH/Romeu as the main super subs who rotate in and out with some of the starters.

*Sturridge.

Forster/McCarthy

Lemina Romeu or PEH

Tadic Boufal Walcott

Austin

Austin is out for quite a while.

Forster/McCarthy

Lemina Romeu or PEH

Tadic Boufal Walcott

Austin

Tadic/Boufal are ******* awful,they need replacing ASAP

Boufal hasn't been bad this season, in fact one of the only bright sparks. Tadic is awful at the moment but he was awesome under Koeman and still is one of Serbia's best players when he plays for them!

Boufal hasn't been bad this season, in fact one of the only bright sparks. Tadic is awful at the moment but he was awesome under Koeman and still is one of Serbia's best players when he plays for them!

Boufal has looked good like Ricardo Fuller occasionally looked good. He's surrounded by utter ****e. Tadic has been pretty poor for 12 months at least and I would argue 18 of the last 24. Either needs a major change or age has caught up as it has with Davis.

Walcott doesn't really excite me to be honest, feels like Kevin Davis re-sign. Sturridge I would take in a heartbeat if he wasn't made of glass, but he is.

You are half right - Tadic has regressed alarmingly since his early days with Pelle and Koeman. Boufal is a talented attacking player, starting to work beautifully with Bertrand - he just needs a better standard of attacking colleagues. Tadic, Redmond, Davis, JWP are all liabilities and a big part of the reason we are where we are - compounded by the abysmal Manager.

Tadic is a good left winger. He's a poor central player. **** knows why the manager can't see that.

Boufal, or even the boo-boys favourite, Redmond, would be better in Tadic's current position.

It beggars belief that the only position (of the AM-3) Tadic hasn't played this season (maybe he has for the odd half, I can't remember) is his best position...

Walcott wouldn't be a bad addition for us at all, but what worries me is that I can see this dragging on for the next few weeks, I just hope he isn't our sole focus just because he's a former player and would create a bit of a PR Win. We've got Watford, West Brom and Brighton coming up over the next few weeks. These need to be 9 points. We need the best possible squad in place for those games.

Let's not do what we did last January with the CB situation, which was nothing short of a farce.

Walcott wouldn't be a bad addition for us at all, but what worries me is that I can see this dragging on for the next few weeks, I just hope he isn't our sole focus just because he's a former player and would create a bit of a PR Win. We've got Watford, West Brom and Brighton coming up over the next few weeks. These need to be 9 points. We need the best possible squad in place for those games.

Let's not do what we did last January with the CB situation, which was nothing short of a farce.

Agreed - though I think it will drag on because of Arsenal and Wenger. Reports seem to suggest he hasn't decided if he wants to keep him or get rid and, knowing how badly they do business, Wenger he'll probably wait until deadline day then decide to keep him.

If they can't decide in the next week then we need to move on.

I see today on Twitter that Everton have agreed a deal with Beskitas for striker Cenk Tosun.

Would this effectively end their interest in Walcott, leaving us in pole position to sign him?

Good question, but I suspect Tosun will fill that central number 9 role and then Walcott and Bolasie would fill the wide positions - so maybe not.

Agreed - though I think it will drag on because of Arsenal and Wenger. Reports seem to suggest he hasn't decided if he wants to keep him or get rid and, knowing how badly they do business, Wenger he'll probably wait until deadline day then decide to keep him.

If they can't decide in the next week then we need to move on.

Fortunately, every club in the PL knows that's how Arsenal do business, so we'll have already accounted for the possibility of disappointment and planned suitable alternatives, right? Right??

Tadic is a good left winger. He's a poor central player. **** knows why the manager can't see that.

Boufal, or even the boo-boys favourite, Redmond, would be better in Tadic's current position.

Having watched the Arsenal Chelsea game last night I wonder if we should be mirroring Chelsea's formation, which based around getting the ball to Hazard and let him run around with it all evening. No wingers, no one anywhere near him in fact, which would probably just be a waste of a shirt(s) as he never passes. Boufal needs to be more greedy too and giving him pretty much free reign and also requiring him to do a lot more might get the best out of him. I saw a post elsewhere putting the blame for our problems on the three players playing behind the striker, be that Tadic, Redmond, Davis or Boufal, and I tend to agree. They have not done nearly enough. Perhaps the time has come to change the formation, but not necessarily go two up front. Maybe this is too defensive for Fulham or home games, but three centre halves doesn't have to be defensive - Chelsea won the league with it, yet strangely no one seems to be copying it.

McCarthy

Soares Hoedt Stevens Yoshida Bertrand

Lemina Hoj Romeu

Boufal

Gabiadini

I wonder whether this formation requires new signings at all and whether Walcott and Sturridge would work. In my eyes we simply need to buy players better than we have, in any position. There are better CM than we have, even better right backs. If so get them in.

Edited by Chez

The prodigal son returns.

Deal agreed but not actually signed because of Arsenal waiting to see what happens with another player

which I believe is Diego Sanchez..

That's funny that you should present that as ITK information considering that's exactly what the Echo wrote this morning...