Kelvin Davis made first team coach

DT

I assume everyone on here is very much clued up on Kelvin as a coach and how good he is, seeing as we have tons of expert opinions on it.

Is this another 'sack' thread? So, sack MP, Sack Kelvin, Sack Reed, Kruger, Gao....we won't have a club left if some of you lot had your way.

I assume everyone on here is very much clued up on Kelvin as a coach and how good he is, seeing as we have tons of expert opinions on it.

Is this another 'sack' thread? So, sack MP, Sack Kelvin, Sack Reed, Kruger, Gao....we won't have a club left if some of you lot had your way.

He was appointed as some form of liaison officer wasn’t he and tasked with keeping an eye on the players loaned out.

There has been no mention of him coaching or assisting the U18 side, the U23 side or any bloody side. Perhaps he’s done something wonderful with the Under 9’s.

You don’t think a Premier League club should appoint a Senior First Team Coach who has had some experience coaching at a reasonable level then ?

He was appointed as some form of liaison officer wasn’t he and tasked with keeping an eye on the players loaned out.

There has been no mention of him coaching or assisting the U18 side, the U23 side or any bloody side. Perhaps he’s done something wonderful with the Under 9’s.

You don’t think a Premier League club should appoint a Senior First Team Coach who has had some experience coaching at a reasonable level then ?

Not if the club think he's been doing a good enough job behind the scenes. He hasn't just walked into this job by the way, I know first hand that he has been taking all of his coaching badges (succesfully) and is highly thought of at the club in that regard and has been in and around the first team for the last few months.

He’s not a coach (yet), he’s the resident cheerleader and bants leader. Which is probably going to be helpful. But certainly a different decision than a leading football club might take.

Not if the club think he's been doing a good enough job behind the scenes. He hasn't just walked into this job by the way, I know first hand that he has been taking all of his coaching badges (succesfully) and is highly thought of at the club in that regard and has been in and around the first team for the last few months.

the last few months where we have won 1 in 11 ? Brilliant.

Maybe he could start with the goalkeeper and teach him how to move his feet as that seems to escape the current keeper coach. As long as the opposition don’t go for the near post that should work out well.

Not impressed - he was pretty invisible in the artificially created liaison job. I have always thought the club over-rated his skills. This smells like an exercise in fan appeasement.

What a very odd thing to do, especially when you'd hope the managers got a couple of days left in the job.

No idea on how good he is, but level of experience would suggest it's not the most amazing ever appointment. Still, obviously wish him well!

Very clever from the club. Relieve the pressure on the club, by making a batsh*t crazy move that will stop people talking about MP, and instead focus on the the latest piece of blue-sky thinking from the club. Now the fans will be too busy to call for the managers head on live TV! Good work, sirs. :toppa::lol:

WTF...Kelvin Davis...LOL...what joke this club is becoming. This is pathetic!!! ffs we are definitely heading towards the championship, probably even all the way back to L1.

New owners taking us to the next level, don't make me laugh anymore. Jesus!!!!

If you want any standing in the premier league, you need to employ good managers and good coaching staff...Doing things on the cheap is going to bit us in the arse big time!!!!

Who has a goalie as outfield coach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't dino zoff manage lazio once? Possible in the gazza era? Think he did ok, sat on the bench puffing away on his cigarettes.

On the other end of the scale, didn't Peter Stilton manage Plymouth with a slightly lesser degree of success ...

In all seriousness, I think the only reason (which they'd obviously not want to publicise) for this, um, "left field" decision is that it's a way to try and help with the team's collective morale which has been ruined by a couple of our players. Not saying that makes it any better of a decision, but it's the only vaguely logical explanation ion I can think of.

Didn't dino zoff manage lazio once? Possible in the gazza era? Think he did ok, sat on the bench puffing away on his cigarettes.

On the other end of the scale, didn't Peter Stilton manage Plymouth with a slightly lesser degree of success ...

Peter Stilton was a big cheese though

In all seriousness, I think the only reason (which they'd obviously not want to publicise) for this, um, "left field" decision is that it's a way to try and help with the team's collective morale which has been ruined by a couple of our players. Not saying that makes it any better of a decision, but it's the only vaguely logical explanation ion I can think of.

I think again that they think we all love him and will be happy whilst still keeping MP. Massive MISREADING. Again

But that's what he was doing as player liason

Maybe - just trying find some, any, logic. Beginning to suspect some powerful drugs are being used to harbour greater creativity in managements decision making process. Not entirely convinced it's working ...