Weekend’s other games thread

OttawaSaint

Biggest problem so far is nobody is buried yet, which is fairly unusual.

A win tomorrow would be massive but anyone who wins back to back games would hugely improve their situation.

Also most of the sides who have changed Manager have seen a positive impact, which is also quite unusual.

Will be a tense second half of the season and probably 8 teams will be able to be relegated going into the last month of the season, Saints included as we have wasted too many points at home.

Don't necessarily agree, many clubs have the 'new manager syndrome' or bounce after an appointment. Just hope if we make the change that many want it doesn't have the 'Burley effect'.

One thing I've been able to tell from todays games is the true lack of real quality in this league outside of the top 6. It really is a much of a muchness. Hudersfield have very little and it's great credit they are where they are, they're the surprise package of the season for me. Burnley look like dropping like a stone, their lack of quality is pretty clear now. Bournemouth and Brighton are two very poor sides in terms of quality.

Newcastle have very little, but a great win for them. Stoke should be doing better with the players they have. A real backs to the wall effort from them, but they didn't have to worry about much as Stoke were just awful. Stoke are an example of a club who have lost their way and need to be very careful.

I think they'll be ok though when you look at what else is in the league.

I watched the Stoke game on the telly. Lots of people left early after the Newcastle goal. There were a few Hughes Out signs, chants etc. Supporters are making their views known to the owners, which can’t be good for Hughes. Like Saints, I tend to think that Stoke have a better squad than their results would indicate.

I’d be shocked if Hughes survives this, but there again Pellegrino survived Leicester at home and I thought that was it for him.

Newcastle have very little, but a great win for them. Stoke should be doing better with the players they have. A real backs to the wall effort from them, but they didn't have to worry about much as Stoke were just awful. Stoke are an example of a club who have lost their way and need to be very careful.

It was a rough night last night, but notwithstanding, I'm sure that there are too many Stokes in there...!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

One thing I've been able to tell from todays games is the true lack of real quality in this league outside of the top 6. It really is a much of a muchness. Hudersfield have very little and it's great credit they are where they are, they're the surprise package of the season for me. Burnley look like dropping like a stone, their lack of quality is pretty clear now. Bournemouth and Brighton are two very poor sides in terms of quality.

This has been obvious for ages and it's why our performance this season has been so bad. We should be 9th or 10th at worst.

Looking at the match stats West Ham should have been hammered worse than us.

The only stat that really matters to us this season is points in the league - and we need more (or a better goal difference) than 3 other clubs, simple as that.

It sucks to be thinking about a relegation battle but that's what we're in. The worrying thing this season is that nobody is being left behind. Normally there's one turd of a club that's left behind looking to reach double figures - this season there isn't and so every point is precious, something we didn't get against Palace, and something West Ham did get tonight (and wonderstrike aside, they nearly got all 3.)

• 2 weeks later...
Could today have been any worse? Bournemouth beat gunners to leapfrog us, down to dalek territory, and the f*cking scousers turn over citeh. FFS.

Have wanted someone to beat City all season, typical that when a team finally does it, it's one of the few teams I dislike even more. That seems to happen a lot. I hate football.

Needed city to lose somewhen. Clutching at straws a bit but the last game of the season would be so much harder if they've got an unbeaten record to play for. Fingers crossed they make the cup final and the champions league final, it'll make our game a lower priority.

Ideally I'd like Liverpool & Spurs to miss out on champions league qualification , but because Arsenal are abject that looks unlikely. I know he's had a bit of forum rehabilitation lately but I still want that Argie way anchor to fail at Spurs . Would love to see their side raped by the big boys as we have been. So a Liverpool win helps that cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needed city to lose somewhen. Clutching at straws a bit but the last game of the season would be so much harder if they've got an unbeaten record to play for. Fingers crossed they make the cup final and the champions league final, it'll make our game a lower priority.

Ideally I'd like Liverpool & Spurs to miss out on champions league qualification , but because Arsenal are abject that looks unlikely. I know he's had a bit of forum rehabilitation lately but I still want that Argie way anchor to fail at Spurs . Would love to see their side raped by the big boys as we have been. So a Liverpool win helps that cause.

A few straws being tightly clutched there me-old-Lord.

Out of curiosity why do you think Poch is a wan ker? He’s generally one of the nicest blokes in the game, especially at manager level. I’m glad he’s doing so well.

If it’s down to the fact we couldn’t persuade him to stay and Tottenham offered more ambition then that makes you look a bit silly and bitter.

Out of curiosity why do you think Poch is a wan ker? He’s generally one of the nicest blokes in the game, especially at manager level. I’m glad he’s doing so well.

If it’s down to the fact we couldn’t persuade him to stay and Tottenham offered more ambition then that makes you look a bit silly and bitter.

Sorry I forgot I need to check with you who it's acceptable to dislike. Lallana, I take it that's fine, what about Lovren, that's allowed is it, maybe VvD. If disliking someone who shat on the club is "silly and bitter" , then we're all guilty. At least the people I dislike and want to fail don't still work for the club.

Sorry I forgot I need to check with you who it's acceptable to dislike. Lallana, I take it that's fine, what about Lovren, that's allowed is it, maybe VvD. If disliking someone who shat on the club is "silly and bitter" , then we're all guilty. At least the people I dislike and want to fail don't still work for the club.

Did I say it wasn’t acceptable or that you need to ask anyone’s permission? I just asked your reasons and as suspected, it’s because you’re bitter about him moving on to bigger, better things.

FWIW he didn’t ‘**** on the club’ at all. He gave us the opportunity to convince him to stay, we couldn’t do that, he left and both parties still hold mutual respect. At no point, unlike Koeman, did he give us the impression he would stay as your manager.

Lovren, VVD and all the others it was generally expected. Lallana is the one that ‘hurt’ the most, given all that we done for him and the way he went about his move. Similar to Fonte.

Did I say it wasn’t acceptable or that you need to ask anyone’s permission? I just asked your reasons and as suspected, it’s because you’re bitter about him moving on to bigger and better things .

I wouldn’t expect a bloke who posted that he hoped we’d lose last week to understand. I want Spurs to lose, I want Liverpool to lose, that may make me bitter, what does wanting Southampton to lose make you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did I say it wasn’t acceptable or that you need to ask anyone’s permission? I just asked your reasons and as suspected, it’s because you’re bitter about him moving on to bigger, better things.

FWIW he didn’t ‘**** on the club’ at all. He gave us the opportunity to convince him to stay, we couldn’t do that, he left and both parties still hold mutual respect. At no point, unlike Koeman, did he give us the impression he would stay as your manager.

Lovren, VVD and all the others it was generally expected. Lallana is the one that ‘hurt’ the most, given all that we done for him and the way he went about his move. Similar to Fonte.

That's not what I remember. What I remember is he ****ed off to Spurs at the first opportunity, despite our board trying their best to keep him.

That's not what I remember. What I remember is he ****ed off to Spurs at the first opportunity, despite our board trying their best to keep him.

To be fair you can’t blame him. He wanted to keep the team together and add and build something amazing, he wasn’t allowed to and had a fantastic opportunity at an underachieving club. I don’t like him for it but you can certainly see it from his perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro