Man Utd 0 Saints 0 - Post Match

St Chalet

Great point and a very good performance. Could probably have nicked it. Most importantly, the players played for the manager... and hopefully now that the VVD cancer has left the club we will see this continue.

I know most disagree, but I think we have a good manager here and I hope he is given the chance (and the backing) to show it!

Well, didn't see that very good performance coming. Shlong unlucky not to score. McCarthy made a difference - actually catching the ball, no rebounds, coming off his line and decent distribution - deserves a decent run now. Have been very critical of MP and one swallow doesn't make a summer - but that was a good all round performance and a 'bonus' point - even if Utd were below par.

Excellent point - would crainly have accepted that pre-kick off.

Two things that stand out though, Utd might have been there for the taking as the game wore on, should we have been a little more adventurous by bringing Gabbiadini on sooner? Secondly, why has it taken so long to drop Forster?

Must beat Palace though.

I love PEH. Should play every single week for me, the energy he gives the midfield is undeniable. JWP is a tactical managers dream, did his job to the t today - he's perfect in these big away games as he's reliable, not so much use in games we have to win though.

Now let's add some extra attacking quality into this side to complement what is quite a competent midfield and back 4.

What do you mean? Yes we are in the thick of it, but we can fight our way out of this.
True at least there was effort today, but do you see MP as anywhere near good enough to be our long term manager?

Best option stick with him, replace next season

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thought we were lucky tbh in terms of the chances they had and didn't take but don't want to be labelled a cnt so will just happily take the point and hope that our woes have all been down to the cancerous influence of Van Djik. In all seriousness there were some good performances out there - PEH, McQueen, Hoedt and McCarthy (who just basically did what you would expect a goalkeeper to do but that was enough to look so much better than our immobile first choice).

A couple of decent players Walcott and Plea and we could of won that quite easily.

Great to have a better keeper for us but I can't help think that we need to go out and buy another one as I will never trust Forster.

Must get three points over Palace and that will save Pellegrino's arse.

If someone can explain how Hojbjerg hasn't been an automatic starter every game this season, it would be good to hear.

Best player on the pitch on either side - at Old Trafford, no less.

One thing I hope the Manager has learned is that Hojbjerg and Boufal should be in Saint's best 11.

If someone can explain how Hojbjerg hasn't been an automatic starter every game this season, it would be good to hear.

Best player on the pitch on either side - at Old Trafford, no less.

Because he was dog turd last season (and pre-season) it seems a great bit of man management by MoPe to stick him in the under u23s it seems to have given Hoj the kick up the arse he needed to start performing.

Finally put up a bit of a performance & with a bit more firepower could've nicked it. Was it me or did the defence seem more assured with McCarthy in goal? Has earned a run in the side for his clean handling & ability to claim crosses. With VVD all but gone, great time for Hoedt to put in a MOTM performance too.