Alex McCarthy

Heisenberg

SKD in as coach

Fraser dropped...

V pleased for Big Mac

Good lad Alex, came for the ball and our makeshift defence looked miles happier. He’ll make errors as all keepers do but tries to do the right things and gets my vote. SKD should verbally hammer Fraser in training every time he gets gluefoot - undo some of the bad habits, Needs to be fitter, McCarthy looked so much sharper than him today

There was a cross in the first half that he came for and got a slight touch to take it off the head of Rashford and clear of the area. Then you’ve got Fraser who won’t even come collect a cross 6 yards out resulting in a goal for Huddersfield.

Hopefully MP keeps him in against Palace.

Didn't have loads to do today, but gave me confidence and probably the team.

Came nicely for few crosses, gets down quickly and good kicking.

Wont see FF for a little while.

Oh come come .....

McCarthy will be ‘rotated’ out next game along with all our best performers.... Just watch ...

I thought you were a normal poster but alas appear a hysterical little girl like many others.

Strange post. Pellegrino has a reputation of dropping players who put in a decent shift. That’s a fact so why you want to resort to puerile insults is bewildering to me. Sorry I ventured an opinion. Hope you feel better for throwing s few insults my way. Apologies if I upset you.

Strange post. Pellegrino has a reputation of dropping players who put in a decent shift. That’s a fact so why you want to resort to puerile insults is bewildering to me. Sorry I ventured an opinion. Hope you feel better for throwing s few insults my way. Apologies if I upset you.

The same "reputation" that you and you and a few other OTT posters on here gave him?As you did to Puel? And to Koeman?

Think FF was far too complacent. Signed a massive contract last year for five years on big, big money.

I question David Watson our goalkeeping coach. When the goalkeepers come out for a warm up it seems to be all about him taking all the shots and free kicks at the goalkeepers, don't see any dialogue at all, just him pumping the balls at the keeper.

On a match day when FF makes a mistake he just sits in his seat and shows no emotion to his mistake.

FF has fell well short this year, I know he has made some good saves, but overall, the ones he has missed has outnumbered has the good saves by a mile. Give Alex a run now, he deserves his chance and looks more alert than FF.

Did well. He just looks a more agile, mobile keeper than Forster. Comes off his line well; gets down to the low ball and his distribution is good. If Forster had been an outfield player he would have been dropped weeks ago, and he should not be re-instated anytime soon.

You don't believe for one minute he'll drop the keeper. You're just trying to shoe horn your dislike of the manager into another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't believe for one minute he'll drop the keeper. You're just trying to shoe horn your dislike of the manager into another thread.

He’s dropped Hoj multiple times after he’s been the best on the pitch but yeah sure it’s just prejudice against the manager...

Where does this leave Forster though? Will he work hard on the training ground to force his way back into the team? Or will he look to leave in this window or the next one?

Go where? Forster is on a contract until 2022 and a very good wage. He is hard to sell, as not many clubs that would want him could afford his fee and wages.

McCarthy is one of those players I was reall6 happy we signed as I was impressed by what I saw of him for reading.

Was disappointed by his injuries and lack of opportunity.

Looked good today. Even the Pogba offside goal he got down to and got a touch, otherwise Pogba may not have felt any need to touch it in.

As for Forster, perhaps if he doesn’t regain his place a club like Newcastle(post takeover) may want to have an England international between their sticks.

Go where? Forster is on a contract until 2022 and a very good wage. He is hard to sell, as not many clubs that would want him could afford his fee and wages.

That depends what his motivations are. If he’s happy to pick up a decent wage but not play, he will be hard to sell.

If he wants first team football and is willing to reduce his wages then it’ll be easier.

If we were looking to sell him, we’d be looking, at a minimum, of recouping what we paid for him, and probably more. So that would be the biggest sticking point.

In any case, it’s probably too early to think about his future. But if he isn’t playing by the end of the season then I can’t imagine him wanting to stick around as a number 2.

McCarthy did nothing spectacular, but he “looked and acted like a goalkeeper” and the defence seemed confident in front of him.

I agree Forster will be hard to sell, but I wouldn’t write him off entirely. I think he should forgot this season (unless McCarthy gets injured) and work really hard on preparing for next season. He’s still young for a goalkeeper and didn’t used to be this bad.

Purely based on articles I’ve read about other athletes, I think he needs to radically change his fitness regime and lose some muscle mass and focus on his flexibility and quick reactions.

He reminds me a bit of Boris Becker physically (tall and broad, but even more so). Boris used to train by practicing gymnastic skills like falling over and quickly getting up again etc and he used to dive around in front of the net and quickly recover. He did this at his peak as well as players like McEnroe and Edburg who were much lighter.

I’m only going on articles I’ve read, no personal knowledge whatsoever, but (if I’m right), Dave Watson and Alek Gross must take a lot of blame for letting him become so slow and heavy.

McCarthy did nothing spectacular, but he “looked and acted like a goalkeeper” and the defence seemed confident in front of him.

I agree Forster will be hard to sell, but I wouldn’t write him off entirely. I think he should forgot this season (unless McCarthy gets injured) and work really hard on preparing for next season. He’s still young for a goalkeeper and didn’t used to be this bad.

Purely based on articles I’ve read about other athletes, I think he needs to radically change his fitness regime and lose some muscle mass and focus on his flexibility and quick reactions.

He reminds me a bit of Boris Becker physically (tall and broad, but even more so). Boris used to train by practicing gymnastic skills like falling over and quickly getting up again etc and he used to dive around in front of the net and quickly recover. He did this at his peak as well as players like McEnroe and Edburg who were much lighter.

I’m only going on articles I’ve read, no personal knowledge whatsoever, but (if I’m right), Dave Watson and Alek Gross must take a lot of blame for letting him become so slow and heavy.

Fraser Forster is a ****e goalkeeper. End of story

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I said above there was an element of sarcasm in my post. You are correct I don’t like Pellegrino and I am not fickle enough to let a good result paper over obvious cracks. It’s a forum mate, not everyone is going to meet with your approval or your insistence on being non critical.

Thought the defence felt comfortable with Alex between the sticks, almost like they could rely on him doing what goalkeepers are supposed to do rather than having to wonder if he was going to actually move.

This is how I felt too.

There was a moment in the second half when he came out and caught the ball almost on the penalty spot and I thought, wow - not seen that for some time!

FF fails to come off his line even by a few yards (Hudd and spurs in recent weeks) - so he can watch hopelessly as another free header from inside the six yards box hits the net. He should have been dropped for good after the debacle of the Chelsea free kick where he lined up the wall appallingly and then had his hands on his hips looking at the lino instead of being ready to move.

Lets no get carried away by yesterdays result. I will enjoy the fact we went to Old Trafford and came away with a very well earned point. The whole team put in a shift and I thought the defence were determined to shut out United.

As well as we played I don't think United were great and appear to be having one of those patches...but we did very well.

Now being a keeper myself I am delighted for Alex and am sure a clean sheet at Old Trafford will do his confidence the power of good. I don't mind admitting I was genuinely worried when I saw his name on the team sheet as I have been watching Alex this season and he like Forster has made some howlers and has not looked like an upgrade.

He didn't have anything special to do yesterday but he did what we all expect of a goalkeeper and he did it well....confidence for a keeper is such a massive thing and hopefully this will do his wonders.

I haven't given up on Forster. There is a very good goalkeeper there but his confidence is clearly shot to pieces and taking him out of the firing line was a good call and a very brave one from MP.

He’s dropped Hoj multiple times after he’s been the best on the pitch but yeah sure it’s just prejudice against the manager...

Lets see if it still happens when there isn't Decembers turn around of games. Its been about keeping fresh legs on the pitch.

Lets no get carried away by yesterdays result. I will enjoy the fact we went to Old Trafford and came away with a very well earned point. The whole team put in a shift and I thought the defence were determined to shut out United.

As well as we played I don't think United were great and appear to be having one of those patches...but we did very well.

Have you considered they didn't play well cos Saints prevented them from playing well?