Hojbjerg - future captain?

benjii

Did anyone else notice that Hojbjerg was talking and gesticulating to the team at the start of the match yesterday just before kick off? We then went into a closer huddle and Yohsida spoke.

I think he and Hoedt could be very big players for us over the next few years if we can stay up.

Did anyone else notice that Hojbjerg was talking and gesticulating to the team at the start of the match yesterday just before kick off? We then went into a closer huddle and Yohsida spoke.

I think he and Hoedt could be very big players for us over the next few years if we can stay up.

Was thinking about him ref the captaincy, it's not as if we have many natural leaders around. Possibly a bit too soon but if he has a good second half of the season and is still here come next, I think he could be a good bet.

PEH has all the attributes to be captain, but, as the second poster points out, he will probably be flogged at the end of the season for a big fee.
Being that he hasn't even established himself in our team yet fu ck knows who you think is going to come in with a big fee for him in the summer. We've got him this season and next bare minimum. If he goes for a big fee after that, then that means he's been brilliant for us so fingers crossed.

He's clearly stepped up since he's come back into the side and personally think he is currently outshining our supposed best midfielder Romeu and our big signing Lemina.

Agree with the OP - he can be s big player for us, eventually another good un we've brought in.

We do need a captain but at present I can't think of a player who is certain to start the next game let alone every game.

I like PEH, he is committed in every game he plays. However It wasn't so long ago that fans were cheering ironically (that probably says more about our own fans than him TBH) when he made a pass to our own player...perhaps we should let him become a regular before we think about promotion!

Lol Redmond might be closest to being captain as he nearly always plays!

Pretty depressing state of affairs that you're having to put this caveat... :(

• 5 weeks later...

The only player who consistently leaves everything out on the pitch. His desire to get to the Brighton keeper ahead of the two players that were stood further up the pitch than him to close him down and almost get a goal, summed him up. Having classed his performance against Inter Milan last season as one of the worst i'd ever seen, i'm now a huge fan. In what is a dreadful season, something positive has arisen and it's Pierre.

The only player who consistently leaves everything out on the pitch. His desire to get to the Brighton keeper ahead of the two players that were stood further up the pitch than him to close him down and almost get a goal, summed him up. Having classed his performance against Inter Milan last season as one of the worst i'd ever seen, i'm now a huge fan. In what is a dreadful season, something positive has arisen and it's Pierre.

He was horrific that day! But I'd never lost hope on him, because when he first joined he immediately stood out as having a bit of class. In the same way that Lemina did, and also Gabbiadini.