Crystal Palace (H) Thread

whelk

At the game. Scrappiest game I've seen at St Mary's for a long while. Both teams sloppy with their passing. Well taken goal from Shane. Bertrand had a few words with the crowd in the Kingsland after they had a go at him for doing a u turn rather than pushing forward. Bertrand does seem reluctant to overlap down the wing more often than not. (Which is why I'd have stuck with McQueen, but hey ho).

Need another goal otherwise you know what'll happen...

At the game. Scrappiest game I've seen at St Mary's for a long while. Both teams sloppy with their passing. Well taken goal from Shane. Bertrand had a few words with the crowd in the Kingsland after they had a go at him for doing a u turn rather than pushing forward. Bertrand does seem reluctant to overlap down the wing more often than not. (Which is why I'd have stuck with McQueen, but hey ho).

Is the surface as poor as it looks ?

Clearly the much better team out there, but as we have seen too many times this season, a one goal lead is not enough for us. Palace look ineffective going forward, but they may well change tactics at HT, so I hope we can adapt and continue to contain them, because as poor as they have been they still have dangerous players.

Another goal early in the 2nd half would be very welcome.

Only have Solent to go on but the recurring theme seems to be both sides inability to string three passes together and general poor quality of play on both sides. Not that I care how poor we are as long as we win points more important than style for the rest of the season.

I think Solent are doing us a slight injustice in that case. What I think we're doing well is moving it from left fullback to right full back across the back well, that makes their entire team continiously move across the field and back and after 3 games in 5 days, it'll tire them out on a heavy pitch. It is the sort of play that doesn't please some fans though, but important I think.

Only have Solent to go on but the recurring theme seems to be both sides inability to string three passes together and general poor quality of play on both sides. Not that I care how poor we are as long as we win points more important than style for the rest of the season.

Solent are being a bit unfair on us. We've had a few longish periods of possession, working the ball upfield better than recent games.

Hoj, Boufal & Bertrand are the main instigators. Pied was as well, but he got clouted so has held back last 20 mins.

Palace are backing off a lot, but looking for quick breaks through Zaha, Townsend & Benteke. Their defence is decidedly dodgy, but we haven't taken full advantage... yet.

He turned back because half time approached and there was no one to cross to. We have looked so much better with Bertrand and Pied providing width and run, although Pied's injury has slowed him. Bertrand and Boufal working together - our right hand side is not as effective. Need Lemina on to cover that.

Solent are being a bit unfair on us. We've had a few longish periods of possession, working the ball upfield better than recent games.

Hoj, Boufal & Bertrand are the main instigators. Pied was as well, but he got clouted so has held back last 20 mins.

Palace are backing off a lot, but looking for quick breaks through Zaha, Townsend & Benteke. Their defence is decidedly dodgy, but we haven't taken full advantage... yet.

Just reading your post as Adam Blackmore says "Boufal has not had a good game" ;)

Just reading your post as Adam Blackmore says "Boufal has not had a good game" ;)

He was good early on. Less involved last 10 mins, but still effective when he gets the ball.

Usual 'beat him 3 times' on occasion, but he looks forwards.

Not sure what Blackmore is expecting from him. Another WBA special?

Hope the players are calmer than me. Edgy edgy game.

I know the feeling, I'm just waiting for the Palace goal from an unmarked header or shot from outside the box!

Huge next 35 mins for Saints must hold on.