Saints 1 Palace 2 - Post Match

St Chalet

Austin our only decent striker and he's injured. Boufal and Tadic our only decent attacking mids. Even when all 3 are fit we still have 1 weak attacker whether that be Davis or JWP.

Playing most games with what was our 3rd/4th choice CB's at the start of last season.

Giving a contract extension to Forster when he still had 4 years left and he's finally been dropped.

CM's our only decent position and even then Romeu falls short of Wanyama.

This team can't hold a candle to our Pochettino or Koeman teams.

He's got to go for sheer cluelessness. On a horrid night, on a horrid pitch you need to push for the 2nd not try and sit and absorb pressure.

Taking off Hojberg then compounded that madness.

It's all been said, even when the score was 1-0; but the quote above is the main reason the Manager has to be sacked. That piece of crap on the BBC site by Kreuger is instantly shown to be laughable nonsense.

Get him out. Any means necessary, it's up to the fans to force the change we need. This is a disgrace and the fact we haven't sacked him is beyond comprehension.

If he hasn't gone by tomorrow then I think some sort of protest needs to be organised. We're not in the relegation zone but it won't be long.

That was just about the most incompetent management of substitutions I've ever seen. Hodgson got his changes in and put us under pressure. Pellegrino taking Hojbjerg off was just stupid what did he think the lightweight Davis was going to do. Lamina should have been brought on but wasn't and Redmond FFS. Gabbiadini should have been on earlier for Tadic.

I'm afraid this manager is just negative, score a goal and hope to win. He has no idea how to win games again we surrendered to Palace and dropped off, how many games is that?

Edited by derry

Just get Koeman back in and give him the money to spend in January. Build whatever bridges were burnt. He needs to rebuild his reputation, he needs us just as much as we need him.

Reed will have to go first and Krueger hasn’t the guts and Gao doesn’t seem bothered

shocking performance yet again.. I said a few games ago that I was struggling to see teams worse than us other than maybe swansea and west brom and the replies were newcsatle, west ham, palace..... We are pure dog **** and this is only going to end one way with this idiot in charge.

No surprise whatsoever, no idea why anyone would be.

As usual, not really interested in individual displays and excuses about weather etc. No one is on form under this manager and it's no coincidence. Horrible approach to football, sniffles any positivity, delays subs, makes the wrong decisions, just horrendous from day 1.

I'd call for his sacking more, but I honestly think it's too late. Had been desperate to see a new manager in before this game as it was so big, we needed to win. People just look at the table and don't pay attention to fixtures. We've had a fantastic run of home fixture. Now we have very tricky home games and away games, which are always tough.

We can't give this clown money to spend when we'll have to sell off players in the Championship. It's quite some feat to take a decent squad top half for years and sleepwalk them to relegation. We went massively backwards last season no doubt and you're always in danger of slipping down from 46 points, but my god the decline has been insane.

Still defending the quality of the squad?

How many more examples of his utter utter uselessness do the board need to force them into action. Every time we go a goal up it's the ****ing same. Sit back, drop deeper, invite on the pressure. Opposition manager makes pro-active game-affecting substitutions our clueless **** only ever reacts, and always too late. They can't seriously be entertaining letting him spend money in the window, but Krueger's interview suggests he's going nowhere.

Austin our only decent striker and he's injured. Boufal and Tadic our only decent attacking mids. Even when all 3 are fit we still have 1 weak attacker whether that be Davis or JWP.

Playing most games with what was our 3rd/4th choice CB's at the start of last season.

Giving a contract extension to Forster when he still had 4 years left and he's finally been dropped.

CM's our only decent position and even then Romeu falls short of Wanyama.

This team can't hold a candle to our Pochettino or Koeman teams.

I watched Sako come on and instantly give Palace drive and width on the flank, and then I looked at our right side and saw Ward-Prowse masquerading as a winger/wing back. He's not the reason we lost, but his nothingness in attack and defence add to the inevitable pressure the side invites.

That was just about the most incompetent management of substitutions I've ever seen. Hodgson got his changes in and put us under pressure. Pellegrino taking Hojbjerg off was just stupid what did he think the lightweight Davis was going to do. Lamina should have been brought on but wasn't and Redmond FFS. Gabbiadini should have been on earlier for Tadic.

That was the equivalent of the Moody and MLT substitution v Newcastle except no magic to save him in the nick of time

Astonished given Palaces injuries and recovery time we have lost ipthat - got to be going down and finishing bottom

Vote with your feet don't buy any tickets and then don't renew season tickets. The management has been awful and has to change but i think the players do too. And January isn't the time for that, i just want us to sell most of this team and overhaul it completely. If the players don't care lets rebuild with ones that do.

I'll take relegation if it means change in the long run.

Absolutely f*cking pathetic. No fight, no desire. At 2-1 down into the final ten minutes, in a game we simply have to win, the play was just so pedestrian and easy to defend against, like it has been all season. We should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them but there was just nothing. Just the same old turgid crap we have been subjected to since day one.

People can point to our lack of decent strikers, but that isn't even the biggest problem. You could stick Aguero in that team and he would struggle to get double figures for the season because we are just so incapable of creating decent chances. Whether that is down to the players' ability, or the tactics they are being asked to play is debatable, but one thing is absolutely clear - you cannot sit back on a 1-0 lead in a game like that. Palace were sh!te in the first half and there for the taking, yet somehow we contrived to make them look world class in the second half, because our clueless manager was out-thought by a dinosaur like Hodgson.

So Mauricio - F*ck you and the horse you rode in on, and f*ck the board and Les Reed for allowing this situation to develop the way it has without addressing the glaring weaknesses in the squad and the coaching staff.

We are almost definitely going down now. If nothing changes at board and manager level then we are well and truly fooked, because there's no way they will turn it around from here.

the fans twisted his arm, but they didn't expect to get an idiot like we have now

Nobody with any sense did. If Les believed in Puel, he could have kept with him and changed the squad but to appoint sometime x10 more negative - astonishing ineptitude

He should have been booted out after the Leicester game at the latest.

There can be no excuses for keeping him in place now. Worry is that if plans haven't been made how long Les will continue to dither until making an appointment, and given his track record it doesn't give me confidence that he will get this appointment right.

Every other bastard seems to conjure some fighting spirit, but our lot our feeble and gutless.

no to many cockwombles thinking we were going to replace him with Tuchel, Emery or some such. When we clearly should have kept Puel and backed him with some decent striking options.

Apparently that's what the board thought too...

We aren't going to sack Pellegrino until he's taken us down. Roll on a weakened Saints side (can it get more weak?) losing to a weakened Fulham side at the weekend.

have a real clear out of the crap and rebuild in the Championship with a team based around youthful talent.

I dont think we even have any 'youthful talent' coming through anymore.... it was inevitable that our model (develop > sell) couldnt be sustained forever, it was always going to catch us up :(

The signs were there in the first half. Started well and actually managed to score. After that I can't remember a decent chance. Palace played the conditions well, threw some strong men at it and won easily in the end. I'm preparing for Championship games next season.

A point would have been a disaster given the circumstances, to lose is beyond that. Just like the Burnley game the away time react and reshuffle and we don’t do jack ****. We are in serious trouble, we need to get rid of MP ASAP, and give the new manager all of the transfer window to rebuild the squad.

i can’t see the club acting fast enough though, if our new owner wants to make his money back on he better pull his finger out of his arse.

long has now scored 1 goal in a year and we are surprised we can't score a lot with him as the starting centre forward when the manager picks him to start.

The problem is the formation, the tactics that are employed, the buy in from the players into that approach, the man management, the game management and also the fact the the manager is from the mourinho school of not improving his players rather than the poch or pep.

To quote the great philosopher kenny powers I'm ****ing out

Apparently that's what the board thought too...

We aren't going to sack Pellegrino until he's taken us down. Roll on a weakened Saints side (can it get more weak?) losing to a weakened Fulham side at the weekend.

not that we are good enough but the last thing we need is a cup run now play the under16s next week.

No surprise whatsoever, no idea why anyone would be.

As usual, not really interested in individual displays and excuses about weather etc. No one is on form under this manager and it's no coincidence. Horrible approach to football, sniffles any positivity, delays subs, makes the wrong decisions, just horrendous from day 1.

I'd call for his sacking more, but I honestly think it's too late. Had been desperate to see a new manager in before this game as it was so big, we needed to win. People just look at the table and don't pay attention to fixtures. We've had a fantastic run of home fixture. Now we have very tricky home games and away games, which are always tough.

We can't give this clown money to spend when we'll have to sell off players in the Championship. It's quite some feat to take a decent squad top half for years and sleepwalk them to relegation. We went massively backwards last season no doubt and you're always in danger of slipping down from 46 points, but my god the decline has been insane.

Well that's just it, I don't think anyone played particuarly badly. We were playing quite well first half, and leading, yet we sat back and let them seize the initiative. Then after they inevitably equalise, he takes off Hojbjerg, who is having a good game but more importantly playing as the central midfield engine and puts on a striker. We completely lost control of the game then, it was easy for Palace. It was typical that the winning goal came from a position where we would normally have had a second midfielder covering/blocking.

Vote with your feet don't buy any tickets and then don't renew season tickets. The management has been awful and has to change but i think the players do too. And January isn't the time for that, i just want us to sell most of this team and overhaul it completely. If the players don't care lets rebuild with ones that do.

I'll take relegation if it means change in the long run.

Will join you with that bar the relegation because with those owner that could mean Phoenix club territory shortly

Hiddink, Van Gaal someone like that with a bit of nous/experience, get them in get them to sort it.

You know, the kind of manager the current board would never ever recruit.

Don't be daft, don't you know there are some up and coming managers midtable in the Bulgarian first Division.