Saints 1 Palace 2 - Post Match

St Chalet

Pathetic negative tactics after we scored; we should have gone all out to score a second and a third while we had Palarse on the rack. Only when we were behind did MP think we should attack. And then he took off our midfield dynamo (PH, not JWP!) and put on Davis, who is lightweight at this level when full-on attack is a priority. We got what we deserved: nothing and only goal difference separates us from the relegation spots. We are dropping like a stone and look like we are in real trouble. Totally inept.

Spot on. Fairly gutless, defensively naive and 13 years later we can’t score either. Doesn’t look good at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoring goals was ok that season but were terrible at back. Seem to be going that way without any clue in how to address gialscoring

Pathetic negative tactics after we scored; we should have gone all out to score a second and a third while we had Palarse on the rack. Only when we were behind did MP think we should attack. And then he took off our midfield dynamo (PH, not JWP!) and put on Davis, who is lightweight at this level when full-on attack is a priority. We got what we deserved: nothing and only goal difference separates us from the relegation spots. We are dropping like a stone and look like we are in real trouble. Totally inept.

Probably wasn’t allowed to sub JWP

Guess you're not going then...

nope I have a ST I've had to stand through enough misery already this season. Even if I was going I don't see how a cup run helps us now. Normally I'm all about the cups I hate to see us play weakened sides when we are mid(upper mid) table and doing well but in a relegation battle its the last thing we need.

The board will do nothing...we as fans have to shout and protest to get this absolute clown of a manager out of our club!!! MP has not got clue...This is without doubt the worst I have ever seen Saints play...It is so negative...sideways, backpass and repeat...There is no penetration, no drive forward, no one making space, not enough goal scorers in our front line...He is Slow to react to substitutions, he plays the same dogged way all the time has no b plan...I could go on and on...It just sh!t sh!t sh!t

GET HIM OUT NOW!!!!!

It's exactly like the relegation season in 2005, when we hung on to a manager who was totally out of his depth, and then made the change when it was far to late. On that occasion it was Rupert Lowe being totally bloody minded in stating that Wigley had the job for the remainder of the season. It would appear to be Déjà vu with Les Reed this time.........

That was just about the most incompetent management of substitutions I've ever seen. Hodgson got his changes in and put us under pressure. Pellegrino taking Hojbjerg off was just stupid what did he think the lightweight Davis was going to do. Lamina should have been brought on but wasn't and Redmond FFS. Gabbiadini should have been on earlier for Tadic.

I'm afraid this manager is just negative, score a goal and hope to win. He has no idea how to win games again we surrendered to Palace and dropped off, how many games is that?

This. Hoj was our best player first half, so of course he had to be taken off. Lemina has energy and can press and carry the ball, so of course he changes his mind and keeps him on the bench. Just utterly mystifying subs, which seemed to have no discernible logic in terms of strategy or shape.

It's exactly like the relegation season in 2005, when we hung on to a manager who was totally out of his depth, and then made the change when it was far to late. On that occasion it was Rupert Lowe being totally bloody minded in stating that Wigley had the job for the remainder of the season. It would appear to be Déjà vu with Les Reed this time.........

Right down to selling our best player for a big fee in January, then squandering the money on mediocrity.

With these tactics of scoring then defending the lead, our goal was our downfall. In future, we should try not to score at all and go for 0-0. :(

AS our performance against ManU showed, we are sometimes capable of achieving that. When we apparently try to win games, we inevitably fail.

lets hope we deal with relegation better than we did last time...

We'll now stand more chance away from home. Too toxic and fractious at St Mary's if he stays in post. Which he will because Kruger now won't want to appear out of control. Bad times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puel is ****ing himself right now. Leicester stranded on 30 points.Good luck to him as well. karma.

There is the distinct wiff of schadenfreude about this. The narrative is everywhere you tune in when Saints are being discussed.

Worrying times.

To be honest the only thing about tonight was that we managed to score. Man Utd was also down to them having a poor day, not anything our manager did.

The difference tonight was that Palace have a manager that knows what he's doing and we don't but then you could say the same thing about umpteen other games this season. We have the worst manager in the prem and quite why the board can't see this is utterly baffling.

We can still get out of this self inflicted nightmare but only if the club:

A) Gets rid of MP right now and replaces him with a manager that believes in attacking football (I'm starting to forget what it's like to see 2 up front).

B) We get a proven goal scorer. Be prepared to spend big on a good spearhead, forget CH's, attacking mids etc - we MUST get a goalscorer or we're done. If we have any cash left over then strengthen elsewhere but goals should be the boards overwhelming priority.

If we do go down it will have to go down as the biggest case of self inflicted damage in the club's history. We should be nowhere the relegation zone, it's quite incredible how badly managed the team has been.

This. Hoj was our best player first half, so of course he had to be taken off. Lemina has energy and can press and carry the ball, so of course he changes his mind and keeps him on the bench. Just utterly mystifying subs, which seemed to have no discernible logic in terms of strategy or shape.

Not since George Burley have I witnessed a manager so tactically inept as MP - it is utterly frustrating. But as long as he puts on entertaining training sessions that'll be enough for Les and Ralph and the rest of the clueless crew at the top.

We are literally repeating the cycle - universally praised for how we are run as a club and a cup final in 2003 - management get complacent and hang onto a clown manager as they think its a good idea and bang we are down in 2005. Literally the same thing happening here.

Time for Les to get his head out of his arse and hire a manager capable of saving us.

long has now scored 1 goal in a year and we are surprised we can't score a lot with him as the starting centre forward when the manager picks him to start.

The problem is the formation, the tactics that are employed, the buy in from the players into that approach, the man management, the game management and also the fact the the manager is from the mourinho school of not improving his players rather than the poch or pep.

To quote the great philosopher kenny powers I'm ****ing out

Totally agree, plenty of people blaming the players but we are set up all wrong. We can still get out of this mess, but we have to sack Pellegrino as a matter of urgency. If we keep playing this defensive nothing football we'll go down bottom of the league.