Fulham (A) Build-up

kwsaint

I'm not going to say anything different from the last couple of seasons.

Concentrate on the PL make sure we are secure and as high up the table as possible.

We cannot be complacent or arrogant about our league status and it only takes a short time to fall into relegation fight.

Sorry, to be so repetitive.

Would not choose a weakened side in our current position as wins breed confidence. Given injuries suggest McCarthy, Stephens, Bednarek, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojberg, Davis, Boufal, Long and Tadic.

This.

I hope we play our strongest side.

It's a better opportunity than training or a friendly to give players a run out and see what they can do.

The best scenario is an unconvincing win. I’m worried that a big win for us would put Les Reed’s new manager search on hold. But I would never want us to lose a match.

An unconvincing win would buy Pellegrino more time than he deserves. At least a big win might indicate we'd turned a corner or, at the very least, gained some confidence.

Pellegrino: "I will try to use my best 11 to try to win this game"

His whole rhetoric is ‘hope’ and ‘try’

Where did the winning mentality of this ‘small club’ go??????

It appears to have gone with attitude of our directors and manager.....

Shame because if we see ourselves as also rans it means we are choosing pecking orders which is a total disaster before we even kick a ball...

As a highly competitive sports person I cannot accept this thinking from any part of a team I support. It stinks !

I can honestly say this is the first game I have ever attended where I have wanted saints to lose.

Well done for isolating and therefore taking out of context...if you’re going to, care to answer the actual question?

I suppose this was taken out of context as well?

It’s simple, I want us to win Saturday, you don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can honestly say this is the first game I have ever attended where I have wanted saints to lose.

I hope the fans attending (at the end of the game) give the manager, players (depending on who plays) & board an absolute torrent of abuse. I will be win or lose.

I'd love a cup run, but if we are being honest we have no chance of reaching the final, let alone winning the thing and a loss tomorrow will only add pressure onto MP and the board to do something. Hopefully losing to lower league opposition will add to the current embarrassment of the club.

Ideally we win and the clown gets sacked anyway. We then go on to comfortably survive and also win at Wembley. :D

But if winning this game means the clown stays on, and we get injuries/suspensions in a short cup run, and end up going down, then obviously a loss would be better. Unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know what I want on Saturday, except that if we do lose then it's by a such a huge and humiliating score that the clown's position become untenable.

If losing means the end of Pellegrino then I will happily take a defeat on the chin. It will be for the greater good.

^this. Although, sadly, I think even a defeat won’t see him gone.

Depending on what side they put out I can genuinely see us getting turned over here.

We need a good win for the feel good factor; and games where the team can hopefully get sorted as there are three spare Saturdays otherwise and we have always been worse after an enforced lay off; no need to rotate now one game a week is ideal for everyone and I always like a good FA Cup run can't help it being the age I am…

Come On You Reds!!

Is it just me or has anybody else accepted the fact the puellegrino won't get sacked under any circumstances this season? That being the case, our only hope of avoiding playing against Ipswich in the championship next season is to start winning games and scoring goals ASAP. Fulham game appears ideal at it's not a six pointer but its still a chance to gain whatever amount of confidence we can from winning and scoring a few. Otherwise lose this then our confidence will be shot (not that its intact now but) we lose (heavily) against watford who BTW need the win as much as we do, at which point we should start looking forward to some 40+ games in the championship next season.

In the absence of a match build up thread, I thought I'd post this here.... :)

I'd go for....

McCarthy

Valery - Hoedt - Bednarek - McQueen

Lemina - Slattery

Hesketh - Boufal - Sims

Obafemi

Subs: Rose, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Tella, Johnson, Afolabi

Fulham 1 Saints 3 (Hoedt, Boufal, Obafemi)

Surprised the mods allowed this off-topic post, but not a bad team, if Sims and Hesketh are fit enough. Might give Gabbiadini a game though, and Pied - need match time and a different supply chain for Gabbiadini might help.

And although it's a bit old-school and radical, I'm going to cheer Saints on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Surprised the mods allowed this off-topic post, but not a bad team, if Sims and Hesketh are fit enough. Might give Gabbiadini a game though, and Pied - need match time and a different supply chain for Gabbiadini might help.

Not a bad team? One of the players is injured and the other plays for Yeovil

On the plus side, it’ll be a good day out regardless, never been to Craven Cottage before but heard it’s a good away day.

Still want us to win as it may give us the smallest bit of confidence. That said, if we lost and it gets MP the boot then it wouldn’t be a terrible outcome..

I think I dreamt the perfect scenario last night.

-So we draw 1-1 on Saturday, with the most disgusting draw ever, where we prk the bus to a championship team and get doninated but only get a goal due to a penalty that we unfairly receive, whre Fulham player gets the ball but Tadic bundles down anyway

- This shocking play leads to Pellegrino gone and a new man in

- We win the replay confortably at SMS with a new and improved uplifted atmosphere

Think this is the middle line between those who want us to win and thisw who want us to lose!

To all you guys going tomorrow, I hope you give them absolute hell with your singing of you don't what your doing and your getting sacked in the morning etc...Hope it comes across load and clear for the TV to pick up on and gets comments from the pundits.

Pellegrino OUT OUT OUT!!!

Not a bad team? One of the players is injured and the other plays for Yeovil

The complications with Hoedt's concussion wasn't announced until after I came up with the selection and no, there aren't any Yeovil players in the line up (even if you're referring to Olomola, whom I didn't include, he's now returned from his loan spell). Apart from that, good points, well made.... ;)

The complications with Hoedt's concussion wasn't announced until after I came up with the selection and no, there aren't any Yeovil players in the line up (even if you're referring to Olomola, whom I didn't include, he's now returned from his loan spell). Apart from that, good points, well made.... ;)
Is Hoedt still out then?

Yeovil claiming they have made agreement with Saints for transfer of Olofofami and are in the process of agreeing personal terms.

If that is the case, and I hope it's not, then it's unlikely he will play.

I've said on other threads, we can't afford (performance wise, not financial) to let him go until the end of the season.

If the manager knew what we were doing wrong both with the players and the team selection then it would already be fixed. Unfortunately the manager is glib, when he was criticised earlier in the season for the 4-2-3-1 formation with one striker and three non scorers he justified his system by stating it was the way the better teams played.

That was too simplistic and ignored the real problem that is still staring him in the face and not recognised. Going back to his justification of it's the way the better teams play, no it's not, there is no resemblance at all.

The better teams pass the ball quickly and play with a high tempo. When they attack they quickly get forward in numbers. 6,7,8 players get forward into the last third and the remainder push up behind. The intention to quickly out manoeuvre and outnumber the defenders and create goals. We on the other hand play like the poorer teams keep more players back and commit few players in attack. Our possession excuse just strangles us by slowing the game so that the opponents are all goal side and block us out.

It has been obvious since last season that JWP, Davis, Tadic and Redmond prefer to play in their comfort zone, sideways and backwards, because they don't want to put in the effort needed to get forward quickly. Two of those players are incapable of playing on the wrong side because they are one footed and can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. They are not forwards with goal scoring instincts so shouldn't be playing at all in attacking positions because they won't score enough goals.

Behind them we have two more midfielders sitting in front of the back four, what for? A holding midfielder Romeu is enough, change the formation, move Hojbjerg and Lamina in front as box to box midfielders with Boufal left and Long right and Gabbiadini up front. That is with the existing squad, With both full backs pushing forward one attacking on the ball side the other to push up give the defence problems. It's chicken and egg the more attackers we have up in the last third the more opponents will have to defend. If the ball is lost the nearest players have to press hard to buy time for a rapid transition to get as many players goal side as possible to help the defenders. That is what the better teams do not sit back and play sideways and backwards.

For any Canadian supporters, this match is being televised on the main (free) Sportsnet channels at 8 am MST. Sportsnet usually hide the FA Cup games on their pay channel, so this is a bit of a good break.

Good / bad news then , should be a stream somewhere depending on your point of view !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best scenario is an unconvincing win. I’m worried that a big win for us would put Les Reed’s new manager search on hold. But I would never want us to lose a match.

We've been saying that for the last 4 games haha

Is it just me or has anybody else accepted the fact the puellegrino won't get sacked under any circumstances this season? That being the case, our only hope of avoiding playing against Ipswich in the championship next season is to start winning games and scoring goals ASAP. Fulham game appears ideal at it's not a six pointer but its still a chance to gain whatever amount of confidence we can from winning and scoring a few. Otherwise lose this then our confidence will be shot (not that its intact now but) we lose (heavily) against watford who BTW need the win as much as we do, at which point we should start looking forward to some 40+ games in the championship next season.

This is my thoughts.

Be angry at Pellgrino, Reed, Krueger etc all you like before and after the game. But for 90 minutes support the team because we need wins and confidence

This is my thoughts.

Be angry at Pellgrino, Reed, Krueger etc all you like before and after the game. But for 90 minutes support the team because we need wins and confidence

Im not going tomorrow. To all of those who are spending a fair bit of their money to travel to London and watch the match, sing what you want. Who is anyone else to dictate how you should behave.

At the end of the day, we're all Saints fans, and want what we think is best for the club. Whether you think it's best we win tomorrow, or lose in the hope that the manager gets the boot, is entirely your opinion. In my book it doesn't make you any better or worse as a supporter.

So Long finally scored in his last game against Palace. He’ll be coming into the Fulham match on a bit of a high, having played well and finally rewarded his manager’s faith in him.

What are the chances that Pellegrino will drop him for tomorrow’s game?

Might depend on Gabbi's fitness.

So if we win the words will be "we've turned the corner" and if we lose they will be "we can concentrate on the league" so MP will keep his job at a small club, thanks Kruger, I thought you were meant to be a good motivational speaker.

Ultimately I don't know if he will get sacked but this ITK stuff about having a week etc is hard to believe. It might happen that he gets sacked if we lose but I can't believe the board have decided to sack him, are telling people so it's getting out there via ITKs yet would leave him in post.

I assume at present his position is precarious but at present there is no plan to sack him..it might be an option being considered but whilst he remains in charge there is no way the decision has been made.

It's quite a worry as you have to think if his record so far isn't bad enough to make a decision, will it ever be?

Ultimately I don't know if he will get sacked but this ITK stuff about having a week etc is hard to believe. It might happen that he gets sacked if we lose but I can't believe the board have decided to sack him, are telling people so it's getting out there via ITKs yet would leave him in post.

I assume at present his position is precarious but at present there is no plan to sack him..it might be an option being considered but whilst he remains in charge there is no way the decision has been made.

It's quite a worry as you have to think if his record so far isn't bad enough to make a decision, will it ever be?

You can sound out potential replacements whilst leaving an incumbent manager in post. Plenty of clubs on the continent sack their manager and appoint a replacement on the same day, they hardly start talking to the replacement on the same day they fire the existing man.