Fulham (A) Build-up

kwsaint

As has already been asked by others (and not answered as far as I can tell) what pubs will everyone be in before the game? Not been to Fulham and want to know where to head for pre game drinks.
I prefer to drink further away. I think the 8 bells near Putney Bridge is good for away fans.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm expecting the worst possible result... a draw. Having a replay next week is the last thing we need at the moment.

I have a feeling it will be a draw too.

Hopefully the replay is a chance for a new manager to take a look at some players.

We need a good win for the feel good factor; and games where the team can hopefully get sorted as there are three spare Saturdays otherwise and we have always been worse after an enforced lay off; no need to rotate now one game a week is ideal for everyone and I always like a good FA Cup run can't help it being the age I am…

Come On You Reds!!

Is it just me or has anybody else accepted the fact the puellegrino won't get sacked under any circumstances this season?

Fulham game appears ideal at it's not a six pointer but its still a chance to gain whatever amount of confidence we can from winning and scoring a few.

On the plus side, it’ll be a good day out regardless, never been to Craven Cottage before but heard it’s a good away day.

Still want us to win as it may give us the smallest bit of confidence. That said, if we lost and it gets MP the boot then it wouldn’t be a terrible outcome..

Be angry at Pellgrino, Reed, Krueger etc all you like before and after the game. But for 90 minutes support the team because we need wins and confidence

I'm with you lot.

Hoping I see Long and Gabbi start, Saints score 3 and restore some pride..

BellEnd Sports in their wisdom have selected our match as their main studio match ..... obviously hoping for a Cup Shock ...... wonder if they'll get it and we in :lol:

So an unexpected night out on the lash at Barasti for @dubaisaints

#CupShock #We'reonourwaytowembly #queserasera

Despite working Nights all week (I finish in half an hour), I'll be there today with little sleep and tons of adrenaline. My mate is a Fulham fan so him, me, my wife and his girlfriend (who has never been to a football match before) will be sat in the neutral block, as she bought tickets for him for Christmas. I fully expect us to lose this - Fulham aren't a bad side (3rd in the Championship form table) and we're 20th in the Premier League form table for a reason. If it gets Pellegrino the sack, I'm all for a loss as it's in a campaign we don't particularly need in our season.

It'll be another mix and match team IMO. Something like:

Forster

Pied Stephens Yoshida Targett

Lemina Romeu

Redmond Davis Tadic

Gabbiadini

...though trying to predict the line up with our manager in charge is nigh on impossible.

The main thing in our favour is the fact that Fulham are as likely to be non-plussed about the cup as they I guess still harbour some hope for the play offs.

I'm seeing a drab draw unless Boufal or Redmond take the opportunity to showboat against a Championship defence.

I think we'll score early, then not have another effort on goal. Standard really.

Think it'll be 2-1 or 3-1 Fulham.

Scoring early is a disaster for any Saints performance at the moment - Pell just calls back the attacks as soon as we score and we sit back until the inevitable happens.

Scoring early is a disaster for any Saints performance at the moment - Pell just calls back the attacks as soon as we score and we sit back until the inevitable happens.

I wonder what the score would’ve been had Everton not equalised just before half time. Maybe that’s the secret -make sure we’re drawing at half time.

no, no, Long has now scored one goal in 11 months so MP will want to keep his run going while he is on a hot streak. Gabbiadini will understand :lol:

TBF, if he'd dropped Long after scoring there would be equally scathing comments on here from others.

McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Davis ©, Ward-Prowse, Højbjerg, Boufal, Long.

So is that Stephens at RB, or a back e with JWP as right wing-back?

Not a lot of creativity in that midfield. Will be interesting to see who is furthest forward of Davis & PEH.

Claude Puels team managed 0 shots on target against Fleetwood today, that's more like the Puel I remember

They're not really struck on him.

I just don't see why people are defending the manager. There is nothing to like about him. Constant changes (sometimes for no reason), an utterly depressing and ineffective style of football and a complete disregard for the fans who want to see their team try to win a trophy.

The only argument in his defence is that he hasn't been here long, but he's been here long enough for people to see he's not very good.