Fulham (A) Build-up

kwsaint

Ohhh Gao's a corrupt b*stard

He'll end up in the clink

He gave us no investment

I can't think of a final line. Any ideas?

So down the table we sink?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Saw this on twitter:

We want him out,

Pellegrino out,

And Les Reed you can go as well.

From Europeans nights,

To relegation fights,

We want Pellegrino Out.

(To VVD tune)

The VVD tune is "Achy Breaky Heart" by William Raymond Cyrus. Edited by CB Fry

Booked tickets to take the nipper a few weeks back thinking it would be a nice friendly FA Cup tie.

I think he might be learning a few a new swear words he can take home to repeat to his mother !!

Is my last Southampton game before heading back to Uni so I'm planning on venting all my anger out. Apologies in advance.

In the absence of a match build up thread, I thought I'd post this here.... :)

I'd go for....

McCarthy

Valery - Hoedt - Bednarek - McQueen

Lemina - Slattery

Hesketh - Boufal - Sims

Obafemi

Subs: Rose, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Tella, Johnson, Afolabi

Fulham 1 Saints 3 (Hoedt, Boufal, Obafemi)

In the absence of a match build up thread, I thought I'd post this here.... :)

I'd go for....

McCarthy

Valery - Hoedt - Bednarek - McQueen

Lemina - Slattery

Hesketh - Boufal - Sims

Obafemi

Subs: Rose, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Tella, Johnson, Afolabi

Fulham 1 Saints 3 (Hoedt, Boufal, Obafemi)

He'll play a strong team - we want a cup run (well did, I'd imagine PL comes first now).

As always I hope we put our strongest side out and I see no reason why we don't. It might be the last time we have a `premiership quality' team that we can put out in the cup should we be relegated, so let's bloody go for it. Struggling sides like Brum and Wigan have got to cup finals and no reason why our own cant do the same. I am not sure when Soares is going to be back, but if he is not far off then a cup game might help him back to fitness, so beneficial.

5 of us are going but are more interested in getting out for beers with the boys than the football. Shame really.

Same here.

We should play our strongest team, not that I know what that is at the moment.

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirms he is without @OficialCedric, @chazaustin10, @wesleyhoedt and @JrmyPied for the trip to #FFC:

Mauricio Pellegrino reveals that @Alex_Macca23 will continue in goal for #SaintsFC when they meet #FFC this weekend in the #EmiratesFACup:

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirms he is without @OficialCedric, @chazaustin10, @wesleyhoedt and @JrmyPied for the trip to #FFC:

Mauricio Pellegrino reveals that @Alex_Macca23 will continue in goal for #SaintsFC when they meet #FFC this weekend in the #EmiratesFACup:

Cedric and Pied both out is a bit of a bummer, and with Hoedt out as well makes the RB position a bit of an issue (not that Hoedt would play there but Stephens does). May be an opportunity for Valery or someone else from the u23s. Strange that Hoedt is still out, if it was "just" the concussion issue. Good to hear that MP is sticking with McCarthy in goal.

He's a bit of a hot head is Jokanovic, but apparently the whispers are that Fulham aren't too happy with the season so far, and clearly he's saying they're not supporting him in transfers......so what do they want etc.

Interesting! Good manager though, but a bit mental.

IMHO:

-----------------------------McCarthy-----------------------------

------------Stephens--------Yoshida--------Bertrand------------

Ward-Prowse-------Romeu---------Hojbjerg-----------McQueen

--------Gabbiadini/Long-----------------------Boufal-------------

--------------------------Long/Gabbiadini-------------------------

If we didn’t have a week off after this match, I’d suggest resting players, but I think it’s an opportunity to try to improve/change how we play and play without fear (I have no confidence of this actually happening!).

I can honestly say this is the first game I have ever attended where I have wanted saints to lose.

I hope the fans attending (at the end of the game) give the manager, players (depending on who plays) & board an absolute torrent of abuse. I will be win or lose.

I'd love a cup run, but if we are being honest we have no chance of reaching the final, let alone winning the thing and a loss tomorrow will only add pressure onto MP and the board to do something. Hopefully losing to lower league opposition will add to the current embarrassment of the club.

I can honestly say this is the first game I have ever attended where I have wanted saints to lose .

Brilliant, just what we need.

Will you be jumping around when Fulham score, or be gutted if we do?

When the chips are down it’s supporters like you that do the club proud. Southampton till you die , eh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When the chips are down it’s supporters like you that do the club proud. Southampton till you die , eh.

Oh come on. You know what he means. I'd love us to win but for the greater good of Saints, which is what we all want, it might be better to lose to force the 'management's' hand. Not that that has worked for the last three or four abysmal performances. (Maybe not Man U)

I can honestly say this is the first game I have ever attended where I have wanted saints to lose.

I hope the fans attending (at the end of the game) give the manager, players (depending on who plays) & board an absolute torrent of abuse. I will be win or lose.

I'd love a cup run, but if we are being honest we have no chance of reaching the final, let alone winning the thing and a loss tomorrow will only add pressure onto MP and the board to do something. Hopefully losing to lower league opposition will add to the current embarrassment of the club.

I will support the players, and want us to win. I don't get to many games so the ones I do get to, I want to make count! But I will equally chant and shout at or about the manager and the board.

Oh come on. You know what he means. I'd love us to win but for the greater good of Saints, which is what we all want, it might be better to lose to force the 'management's' hand. Not that that has worked for the last three or four abysmal performances. (Maybe not Man U)

It’s never good to lose - manager wise what will be will be.

Saw this on twitter:

We want him out,

Pellegrino out,

And Les Reed you can go as well.

From Europeans nights,

To relegation fights,

We want Pellegrino Out.

(To VVD tune)

That’ll do. Has to be sung more than OWTS at present. Call me what you want if yo disagree but we need to get the point nailed home so that it starts to affect “the brand” as much as possible so the more we sing the more attention paid to it by the media and then they will have to act. It’s the only thing they same to care about.

How anybody thinks getting knocked out of the cup is good is beyond me. Worse sides than us have got to the final and some have even won the ****ing thing. **** me, we’ve got some weird customers.

Because with more games we risk injuries to our better players when we're fighting for our lives (not so you'd know it) in the league, which is far more important, long term. Not difficult.

How anybody thinks getting knocked out of the cup is good is beyond me. Worse sides than us have got to the final and some have even won the ****ing thing. **** me, we’ve got some weird customers.

i get the gist of what some ppl say tbf

id sacrifice the cup if it means we stay up and it forces pellegrino to be sacked, over the choice of getting to say the quarters and getting relegated in the process due to the distraction of the cup and keeping Pellegrino in his job. That way, by remaining in the premier league, we stand a far better chance of getting and reaching finals again by staying in the top tier of football for the following years as it allows us to rebuild some of the dross we have.

ofc, there are other viewpoints one can have- where one might say the cup is a distraction and increases chance for injuries/suspensions, others might say that a cup run would be the perfect confidence booster we need to get ourselves out of this relegation scrap.

but again, this is a forum and everyone holds different views- and ofc everyone wants us to WIN every game we play, but when this game is placed in a certain hypothetical scenario like my second paragraph then views will change

Edited by nta786

That’s exactly what I’ll be doing, easy to spot, come along and say hello at the end.... if I haven’t left on 70 minutes, that is.

Point stands, if getting knocked out of a cup (which we won’t win anyway) means that pressure will be applied to the ****s we have in our board room, I think that’s a small price to pay.

madness....losing Saturday won't see him gone. Club needs a lift thats what Pardew did. Never ever want us to lose a game

I know that, I was taking the ****.

We’ve got a “supporter” ( or should I say customer) going to the game hoping we lose.....wtf is that all about?

madness....losing Saturday won't see him gone. Club needs a lift thats what Pardew did. Never ever want us to lose a game

This exactly. There’s simply no reason to hope for a loss. Pellegrino has survived a horrible string of results and performances. There is no reason to think that if the players lay another egg against Fulham, he’ll get the boot.

We’ve got a “supporter” ( or should I say customer) going to the game hoping we lose.....wtf is that all about?

You know what he means!! Doesn't make him any less of a fan than you!! Yes we all want to win every game but if that means Pellegrino stays then in the cup I'd rather not win

So I assume you’re hoping that we win the game, our fans go home happy (probably clap the home fans knowing our lot), all is forgotten for another week until we lose at Watford (which would be a disaster).

That’s not for me nipper, not a fan of paper over cracks. I want to see little old Doris absolutely raging, with 3 or 4 stewards trying to stop her getting at the coaching staff as the walk off with their heads down. At least that way it might kick the boards arse into gear... after all, as confirmed with Guan, they are really only interested in our image.

Hoping to lose is probably a bit strong and silly wording, I’ll rephrase it to I actually couldn’t care less if we win or not.