Not that any of you REALLY believe it.....

tisspahars

An annual source of debate in the gambling community, Bexy where teams are priced up on the fact they need the win rather than the likelihood the formbook has of them getting it. Obviously over time these go both ways and after the match there will be people saying either "Thanks for the easy money on Everton, how the hell were Saints favourites?" or "Saints should have been odds on never mind favourites, Everton had nothing to play for and it showed".

Or, in the real world......Betfair odds are the only really relevant ones as they are close to a 100% book and therefore represent by far the most realistic position. It is a free market and as such any "stupid" prices are quickly hoovered up until the market is at its rightful place.

Betfair exchange odds are irrelevant unless you're matched betting or have someone stupid enough to offer those odds.

I just layed off some of my bet to lock in a guaranteed (minimum) £1,200.

How can you guarantee a £1200 pay out if we stay up?

Sky bet offering me cash out £69.98 today on a potential pay out of £110 for relegation. Tempting cos I'm probably the most unlucky gambler but pretty certain we're down

I cashed out my relegation bet after the Cherries win. Had a strong feeling we'd win and almost did it before. The bet returned £84, and the peak cash out was £57. Settled for £40 in the end, plus put a bet on us to beat Bournemouth... not a horrendous weekend all in all :)

The question is. Do I bet on Liverpool to win the Champions League... Another insurance bet that will cheer me up if they manage it :rolleyes:

I cashed out my relegation bet after the Cherries win. Had a strong feeling we'd win and almost did it before. The bet returned £84, and the peak cash out was £57. Settled for £40 in the end, plus put a bet on us to beat Bournemouth... not a horrendous weekend all in all :)

The question is. Do I bet on Liverpool to win the Champions League... Another insurance bet that will cheer me up if they manage it :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm pretty much the same. Had £20 on at 6/1 which would return £140. Cash out was at £87 last week and I wish I had gone with that now. Have cashed it out for £59 and now I can spend the rest of the season cheering us on to stay up, safe in the knowledge that whatever the outcome I have trebled my money.

How can you guarantee a £1200 pay out if we stay up?

Have a look at exchange betting where you can bet for and against a result.

I have matched off about 30% of my total bet to lock in a guaranteed win.

Should we go down I have reduced the amount I would have won by about 600 but locked in the minimum guarantee of £1,200 now

Should we go down I have reduced the amount I would have won by about 600 but locked in the minimum guarantee of £1,200 now

So if we stay up you will still get £1200!!! What odds did you get for that. I don't do betting so don't really understand how this will work

POST EVERTON UPDATE - Market still settling down after an awful lot has happened today but we're around 6/4 for the drop. Not that anyone needs telling how crucial that hammer blow at the end was but it looks like we would have been about 7/1 to go down had it not gone in.

With my lay bet and partial cash out I've made a tidy tidy profit.

That's always been best case scenario, take the bookies for a few quid and we survive!

:badger::badger::badger:

Cue screenshot of fake betting slip.

No harming in losing a few quid if it meant staying up, right pal? :smug:

Edited by shurlock

You are so full of ****. :lol:

I spread bet all the time and unless you've bet an obscene amount of money, then there's no way you are winning £1,200 on us staying up.

Screen shot the bets to prove it. My guess is you won't.

I lost 20. Was going to receive 300 if we went down. Could have cashed out for 180 before Bournemouth and 130 before Swansea.

Never been so delighted to lose a bet. Mind you I would have received 200 for the fiver I put on for us to finish in the top half after Hughes got appointed. Would have loved to have received for that bet.

You are so full of ****. :lol:

I spread bet all the time and unless you've bet an obscene amount of money, then there's no way you are winning £1,200 on us staying up.

Screen shot the bets to prove it. My guess is you won't.

He lost as we stayed up and hes livid... but wont admit it but you can tell as his post count is down since the Swansea win.... if we had lost it would have been his day posting record...

I turned £32 in to £75 by betting on us.

When we lost to palace I bet on us to go down for 6:1, I almost cashed that out for £57 before Bournemouth but settled for £40.

Then sky bet had a face-palm moment. Prior to kick off with Swansea, saints were 2:1 to get relegated, and 2.5:1 to win. Put £30 on each outcome and now sit on £75 :)

Since the saints to get relegated bet was still live I tried to see if there was a bet for Swansea to get relegated... sadly that market had closed :x

How much money did everyone lose then betting on us to go down?
None, I cashed out at £514 for a £214 profit. Annoyingly I nearly did before the Bournemouth game because I was sure we were going to win, and it was £904 then. Ah well.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I put £1,000 on us going down at 10/1 on Betfair Exchange immediately after the 1-1 draw at home with Huddersfield, actually ended up with odds of about "10.5" (in Betfair lingo).

Cashed out just over a third of my bet after the win v Bournemouth, making my stake back plus a bit less than £200.

Once it got to the last two games, our odds of staying up were about the same as our odds of beating Swansea (7/5?) (which made sense as the one implied the other)

I've just put £5 on us winning the Premier League next year at 1,000/1