Not that any of you REALLY believe it.....

tisspahars

.....but if you are dim enough to think we are now down and nothing can save us you can get upwards of 5/1 for your money on Betfair. Before the replies come in, yes we are obviously in a scrap, i'm merely pointing out the sheer nonsense of some of the knee jerk reactions at FT.

.....but if you are dim enough to think we are now down and nothing can save us you can get upwards of 5/1 for your money on Betfair. Before the replies come in, yes we are obviously in a scrap, i'm merely pointing out the sheer nonsense of some of the knee jerk reactions at FT.
Are you saying that because we are 5/1 we are ot in serious trouble. I suspect the bookies expect us to get rid of the manager and buy, if not those odds will change pretty quickly

Knee jerk? Been warning about this for 18 months.

Knee jerk? Been warning about this for 18 months.

I posted this would happen the summer we sold all our players (the first summer)... Was the inevitable end to the story.

And now we get to hear all the pundits crowing until the end of the season saying "told ya so"...

Well done guys for boasting about how much money you stand to make from your team being relegated. True fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't really see how placing a bet to cover the cost of next season's season ticket to soften the blow that we've feared has been coming makes you any less of a fan to be honest....will still be there at Fulham on Saturday, as I was tonight and as I will be at Watford.

Well done guys for boasting about how much money you stand to make from your team being relegated. True fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the problem? Why not have something to help soften the blow? My initial stake was £2.00. I pick 3 games every week where you choose both teams to score and pick the winner. By the end of last season I'd got over a grand in my Paddy Power account. I took most of it out and spent it on gig tickets. I left £100 in, which I lumped on us going down at 25/1. What goes on at the club is out of my control. I'd love to see us top 6, which is what Les Reed & co told us we're were building a team for. However, that wasn't going to happen when the club sell the best players every season. The bubble was always going to burst. If we stay up I'm happy and it's cost me £100 that I never really had. If we go down I get £2500 to go on holiday and try to forget about the awful season. I see it as a win-win situation.

tell you something I believe' date=' we'll lose to Fulham.[/quote']That might well be a blessing in disguise though, need to have a single focus if we've got any chance of pulling out of this nosedive.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I put £10 on at 22/1 back in October, shows how far we have fallen in 3 months.

got us at 28-1 for relegation before we signed Lemina and Hoedt based on how badly we finished the last season. If you can't score you're in trouble and we did nothing to rectify that. Can already cash out for 200% profit. Stuck another bit on when we hit 15-1 after 6 easy games we didn't win.

Lol I got 28-1 too... Never bet against us before but it just seemed pretty generous given the way we finished the league last season and the gamble of MP.

‘Ampshire! The ultimate in lack of ambition and any sort of drive in the fanbase

incredible there are NINE teams with shorter odds than us to go down. 6/1 with bet365. The whole idea of gambling is that the bookies always win. In this case, Saints fans should take advantage of the edge we have in knowing how bad this team really is. It really doesnt look like MP is getting sacked so time to lump on. At least our summer holidays will be paid for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

incredible there are NINE teams with shorter odds than us to go down. 6/1 with bet365. The whole idea of gambling is that the bookies always win. In this case, Saints fans should take advantage of the edge we have in knowing how bad this team really is. It really doesnt look like MP is getting sacked so time to lump on. At least our summer holidays will be paid for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just stuck 20 quid on it. Should cushion the blow if we do end up going down.

6/1 on Bet365.

Just lumped all the winnings I made from betting on Palace to win at HT on it. Will be a nice little sweetener in May when the inevitable happens.

Very similar to me - lumped by Palace or Draw winnings on it at 6/1.

Contemplated 16/1 a few weeks ago, wish I'd done it then.

The depressing thing is how we shouldn't be in this position. In the 90s it was nearly always a battle, but you accepted and expected it because we didn't have much money, didn't have the best players, and 17th was about our level. We now have a squad of internationals, have finished in the top 8 for the past 4 seasons, have qualified for Europe twice, reached a cup final and are balancing the books (and no, I don't believe that balancing the books is the reason for our struggles).

Last season was clearly a downturn but it should have been a bump in the road, not the edge of a cliff.

• 2 weeks later...
Beating on your own team to go down? And some here say our supporters aren’t sh*t!

Aren’t we betting on the incompetence of Reed, Ralph and Pellegrino?

Not sure how that’s an issue. All 3 are morons and it’s been ridiculously easy money last 2 years

Got it at 7/1.

Why does knee-jerk also get peddled out about things people have been saying for months?? Dictionary.

4 wins in over half a season and now a run of much tougher fixtures yet people think we'll be staying up?

It would take a new manager doing an exceptional job now. Not impossible, but very difficult. And under MP, I'd be amazed if we won more than 2 games and topped 30 points.

4 wins this season, but last season from January does not look that clever either.

Are you seriously suggesting we are not already down?

**** me I love this forum :lol:

You'd just never meet people like this in real life! Or perhaps you do they're just afraid to voice their opinions in person and would rather do it from behind a screen. Same for those posters on here who rate or rated Puel too. You'd find it absolutely impossible to find somebody in the real world who think's Puel was anything other than a disaster for us, yet here there are at least 5 posters who think he was good, one even said he was world class. Amazing what you'll find on a message forum, truly amazing.

Edited by niceandfriendly