Force the club into firing Pellegrino..

ben.everitt

If the situation doesnt change sharpish we're down as we have 9 away games out of 16 left.

What if we try and embarass the club into action...

The Fulham game will have good highlights cause its the FA cup - what if we die something that easy to spot on TV...

Starters for 10 and to be improved upon...

Everyone wears black. To signal the death of ambition at the club.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If the situation doesnt change sharpish we're down as we have 9 away games out of 16 left.

The Fulham game will have good highlights cause its the FA cup - what if we die something that easy to spot on TV...

Everyone wear black?

Pretty much everyone wears black coats or tops anyway. Hardly noticeable.

I'm sure hearing the Northam singing "sacked in the morning" will not have been missed

The Northam end empty with several other thousand empty seats would hit the board much harder though. We work hard for our money, let’s not fritter it away until they are willing to do the same

Fly pasts with trailing banners are a bit 2005. Has anyone tried an open letter ?

As for other suggestions - the red cards were pretty effective for Branfoot, but that was over 25 years ago.

That might be effective live on Sky. Embarrass the club into making a decision

I want to see a congregation of angry men/women/toothbrushes/trees (whatever people identify as now) outiside the entrance, demanding answers, singing “if you don’t come out, we’re coming in” just like the good old days.

Let’s see how Les and Ralph like that one.

I don’t understand why the chants weren’t more widespread.
I think people have been worn down by it all. If they really want a full throated and angry atmosphere then we need another abomination of a performance like Leicester but we need the goals to be conceded early. 3-0 down after half an hour and watch the sparks fly. I can see why people are hoping for losses now if it's the only way to get a change.

Our fans don’t do enough. Hiding behind the ‘get behind the team’ message rather than thinking what’s better for club long term. If this Board stays in place we are doomed so all the happy clapper songs will just give them more time.

As others have said, our fans are too nice.

If we really want change, we need to hit the club where it hurts and that's commercially (not turning up - something I'm not sure i condone during a relegation battle) and damage their image (banners/protests ect...).

However, we are deep in the sh!t, the negativity won't help. As Fans, the best thing fans can do get behind the team that is put out (like it or not) for full 95 minutes.

Protest / slag the club off / tweet, do what you want after the game, not during it... IMO.

Our fans are too apathetic to do anything...We will all just sit back moan a little bit and watch our club go down the sh!t pan!!!

If this was Argentina the manager would have been shot in the streets by now...

Steady on, that’s going a bit too far and is not the British way.

Lock him in a room with a loaded revolver.

LOL, thought you were recommending a mass suicide for the TV cameras.

You mean DYE something?

Peter Bosz until the end of the season? At least we will be attacking. Risky, but definitely entertaining.

We have to attack, so we have to score goals. Why not? And the answer is that we have a set of blunt tools. Doesn't matter who the manager is with our strikers. However, I do support your argument that we do need a manager who is prepared to attack.

We have to attack, so we have to score goals. Why not? And the answer is that we have a set of blunt tools. Doesn't matter who the manager is with our strikers. However, I do support your argument that we do need a manager who is prepared to attack.

I disagree. If we had the best strikers in the land playing for us our fortunes would only marginally improve. Austin is a goalscorer. Gabbiadini is a quality player who has an eye for goal. Sure, maybe we need another one to cover for injuries, or to make better use of subs, but I really don't think a good striker would solve our problems. And it's not easy to find a guaranteed goalscorer, certainly not one who is affordable.

How many sitters has Gabbiadini missed? I can't remember many. He's clearly not in form but that's largely down to a lack of confidence and not playing to his strengths (or not playing him at all). You don't become a bad player. At Chelsea he barely put a foot wrong when he got the ball, but just wasn't given the service. Yesterday he was put on for 10 minutes as part of a bizarre substitution that caused us to completely lose grip on the game.

I think people have been worn down by it all. If they really want a full throated and angry atmosphere then we need another abomination of a performance like Leicester but we need the goals to be conceded early. 3-0 down after half an hour and watch the sparks fly. I can see why people are hoping for losses now if it's the only way to get a change.

People started walking out on 35 minutes against Leicester there wasn't much anger just apathy most people just seem resigned to our fate. In a relegation fight what we really need is the fans behind the players for 90 full minutes but that won't happen at SMS these days. This season will just be a slow descent into relegation with the fans neither behind the team or bothered enough to get proper angry. Still as things stand at least we will get one outstanding game, atmosphere wise, next season when pompey come to SMS.

There are goals in this side, the attacking support is non existent though and has been for about 18 months. There also doesn't seem to be any method to our attacks, we pass it in nice triangles at the back through to midfield, but then we seemingly don't know what to do with it. I saw Long making so many runs last night, I see Gabbiadini doing the same, I saw Austin making runs as well, but for me it's a combination of our attacking support players not taking risks and our midfield not being technically good enough to pass the ball forward with any accuracy.

As Derry said in another thread, for me we have to play with a midfield 3 of Romeu, Lemina and Hoj. There are two players in there who aren't frightened to take risks and are happy to move forwards with the ball. I'm sorry, but Davis and JWP do not cut it for me when we need to win football matches. Very passive approach play which is ultimately what leads to our bluntness.

People started walking out on 35 minutes against Leicester there wasn't much anger just apathy most people just seem resigned to our fate. In a relegation fight what we really need is the fans behind the players for 90 full minutes but that won't happen at SMS these days. This season will just be a slow descent into relegation with the fans neither behind the team or bothered enough to get proper angry. Still as things stand at least we will get one outstanding game, atmosphere wise, next season when pompey come to SMS.
Disagree. Leicester happened when there was still some hope. If we refuse to sack this manager and turn in a similar performance then it will get ugly.

Because the happy clappers like to start arguments if you dare question the club in the stadium. Block 39 is full of these.

It's apathy for a lot of fans I think. People care less about modern football. Five years ago I would have been up in arms like a lot of people on here and at the stadium, but last night I just stood there numb to what was happening in front of me. The premier league is a money spinning competition for the elite and the rest of us just go along to watch dross designed not to compete but to stay up.

There should be some sort of social media campaign, probably twitter.....get fans tweeting @SouthamptonFC with continual questions asking if we have sacked him yet. It would start trending to some degree and would be picked up by most media outlets online I would imagine. Could use #sackhimnow

Just a thought.

I have decided I won't be attending any more games after Watford until the manager is sacked. The only way this board are going to take any action is if they see empty seats and a drop in revenue, I won't be putting any more money into the club until changes are made.

It's sad it's come to this, but for me, football is an escape, I find myself just feeling dejected and depressed every time I watch Saints at the moment! It shouldn't feel like a chore, sadly it does. Not much of an escape at the moment!

I have decided I won't be attending any more games after Watford until the manager is sacked. The only way this board are going to take any action is if they see empty seats and a drop in revenue, I won't be putting any more money into the club until changes are made.

It's sad it's come to this, but for me, football is an escape, I find myself just feeling dejected and depressed every time I watch Saints at the moment! It shouldn't feel like a chore, sadly it does. Not much of an escape at the moment!

Agreed, empty seats is the only way unfortunately.

Worked with Branfoot.

As others have said, our fans are too nice.

If we really want change, we need to hit the club where it hurts and that's commercially (not turning up - something I'm not sure i condone during a relegation battle) and damage their image (banners/protests ect...).

However, we are deep in the sh!t, the negativity won't help. As Fans, the best thing fans can do get behind the team that is put out (like it or not) for full 95 minutes.

Protest / slag the club off / tweet, do what you want after the game, not during it... IMO.

Agree with this

Boycotting games is certainly a weapon fans could use. Its hard for ST holders as they've already paid but on the other hand, it's hardly entertaining to watch the team being beaten week after week. Even ST holders can save money in travel and parking. I haven't got an ST this year so its easy for me and I will now stay away until something changes for the better.

You're taking us down

You're taking us down

Pellegrino

You're taking us down

90 minutes of this combined with "sack the board, sack the board, sack the board" would probably help. Banners and red cards wouldn't go amiss either.

90% of people on this site after Spurs wanted him out, I'm sure the figure would be higher now. If we can get most fans showing their discontent vocally at Fulham then hopefully les will realise it's not just the opinion of a few idiots on a forum but the overwhelming view of all supporters.

I seriously think they pay some attention to forums, but generally think we're muppets thanks to the clueless ramblings of a few on here (thanks alpine etc.). Truth is most people on here are sensible, knowledgable football fans who care deeply for saints and can see we're headed for relegation as things stand. We might even be too late.

I have no hard feelings against mope, don't wish him any personal harm, but he needs to be sacked because he's completely and utterly out of his depth. And I honestly think putting the spotlight on the board is the only way they'll take action. They only care about their own status, so trying to get rid of them is the only way they'll act.

It really shouldn't have come to this level of pathetic behaviour, but that's their fault, not ours.

Not sure an away match would have much impact, but for a home game, maybe supporters should gather outside the stadium or in the concourse and not take their seats for the first half. By all means go and cheer the team on in the second, but would be quite interesting to see an empty stadium at the start/middle of the game. That way people would all be doing it together, and would still get something for their money, rather than boycotting at home wondering if other people would do the same - kind of the prisoners dilemma, no-one takes action because they know their action alone won't do anything, so don't want to be the only one to miss out.