Not Too Late?

nmp

I'm often an optimist although my previous rants on here concerning agent power (RK & VVD being tempted away by the same agent), poor tactics and inept management have not always gone down well.

However after last night, I woke up this morning with the feeling that just possibly 17th might end up being the lowest we will find ourselves this season.

So a few questions for you all to mull over.

1. If (and it's a big if) action is taken immediately to replace MP, who in my opinion is way out of his depth and may well have 'lost the dressing room', then even at this stage, the right man with the right approach could possibly re-juvenate the existing players and at least keep us up?

2. I don't think its right to run onto the pitch and blame the players - again we come down to the manager who dictates the style and tactics and my 'feel' for the situation is that the majority of the players are as fed up as we are?

3. Given points 1 & 2 above - with 2 or 3 wise additions to the squad, then some of our more 'difficult home games' and the rest of the seasons fixtures could potentially see a turn around back to mid-table, ready to build again in August?

4. For those of you who appreciate symmetry, is the last person to ruin the club (Rupert Lowe) or as his initials identify him 'RL' now being followed and copied by someone with the initials LR :?

5. If the manager is sacked (as he should be) - who is out there and available who could do a job for us - yes and I even mean the Prodigal Son - RK?

Lets all hope that the new owner can work it out double quick time - force the replacement(s) required in the management team and recover the situation - otherwise 17th could become 20th!

Happy New Year?

We can certainly get out of it but we must take action now.

No way In a million years will we survive with this muppet.

IMHO we could sack Pellegrino and the sort of appointment the board will make is Monk.

Semi-serious question - would anyone take Clement over this idiot. Cr@p this season but he turned them around last from a worse situation than ours is now, and we have a stronger squad.

It's not too late but we need a new manager and new players.

IMO, things started going wrong when we lost Fonte. Our success over recent years has been rooted in our excellent defence which had remained quite unchanged compared to the rest of the team. Fonte was the leader, organiser of that defence.

Since we lost Fonte and then VVD through injury/transfer drama, we can no longer keep clean sheets which leads to more defensive formations, less goals, it's a vicious circle.

We need a manager who can organise the defence and a leader in there. We also need someone who can create and score goals from the midfield. The lack of goal threat from midfield is truly shocking at the moment.

2 quality signings + a new manager and we can easily stay up but I fear the owners aren't willing to pay for it.

I think it's too late because no new players will want to sign for a relegation threatened (bound) club - even on loan. Even if the club does decide to sack the Argie clown now (which seems unlikely given Kreuger's comments) , it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get someone else in. After that, it will be at least 2 to 3 games before said person can get his ideas over, and by that time it will be nearly March. It took Roy Hodgson a while to get Palace moving, and he was appointed very early on.

Semi-serious question - would anyone take Clement over this idiot. Cr@p this season but he turned them around last from a worse situation than ours is now, and we have a stronger squad.

Yes, made a positive impact on Swans when he went in last year and they were definitely a worse squad than we have right now.

I actually think he might be quite a good fit for us, doing him a dis-service perhaps but i see him as a bit of a poor man's Rodgers (who I'd like us to get but is unrealistic now, but is a possible if we somehow stay up without binning MP now)

If we want to stay up, the club will need to spend the full Van Dijk money on,

- new manager, Van Gaal with Clement as his assistant (yes that would be expensive, but Clement might want to work under Van Gaal to gain more experience).

- new backroom staff and structure within the club (maybe Cortese wants another crack, he certainly doesn’t tolerate people not giving 100%).

- new academy coaches and set up.

- new players.

Busy month for the club if they are serious about our PL status.

We can certainly get out of it but we must take action now.

No way In a million years will we survive with this muppet.

IMHO we could sack Pellegrino and the sort of appointment the board will make is Monk.

Points one and two, yes. But I don't think that Monk is the man to turn this one around. We need somebody with more experience (who doesn't mind kicking ass and egos) that the players will respect and work for. Don't think that person is Gary Monk WADR.

Given Koeman had a massive falling out with Les Reed and was pushed out of the club. Do you really think he'll now come and work for Les Reed to save his backside? All the while giving up his payout from Everton for a £7m a year contract... I am doubtful on that front.

Manager is not getting sacked as the delusional board genuinely believe VVD is the root of all our problems,they can't see that poor recruitment and cashing in constantly has caught up with them,this is not all MP's fault, if anything I feel for him a bit,this all started when Poch left and we flogged everything that had value,we replaced well enough but then sold all that off as well,only to be left with this squad for Puel and MP,too many business decisions and not enough football decisions have got us to this point.