St Mary’s once a fortress

Pilchards

I went last night for the first time in ages and I was surprised how we set the away fans up.

First up they drown the Itchen corner plus the Northam looks like it starts half way between the goal and corner flag.

The Palace fans look like they are behind the goal and the support drowns everyone out.

We should be louder ourselves but we have **** all to sing about. The football is dross plus seeing Long miss a sitter in the first 20 seconds and blazing over the stadium second half tells you we have no hope.

Always said that we should do was Leicester do in their virtually similar stadium. Put them in the Northam corner and Itchen Corner, and have the home support much further across the Northam.

Pretty sure this has been covered many times... it's out of the clubs hands. The police want them placed there, so that is where they are placed.

But I agree, if I had a choice I'd stick them in kingsland north

Pretty sure this has been covered many times... it's out of the clubs hands. The police want them placed there, so that is where they are placed.

But I agree, if I had a choice I'd stick them in kingsland north

I find it strange they can just walk through our fans to get in the away end and I find it puzzling they open the gates for them to leave amoust our fans.

So the safety issue must be during the game and in concourses surely?

That just some welding and a segregation barrier needed am I right?

I am sure that the club, as Pilch says, could do some welding after discussing with the police so that we could be like LCFC as below. Aren't they exactly the same grounds or are there some differences?

king-power-stadium-leicester-city-seating-plan.jpg

LCFC would appear to put the away fans in what would be the Chapel end & Kingsland corner. Good idea as well. Might liven up the family section a bit, which is embarrassingly quiet. I imagine a lot of it is getting supporters in and out of the ground, and as the supporters coming by train come in via the north, Chapel/Kingsland won't happen.

Edited by angelman

I find it strange they can just walk through our fans to get in the away end and I find it puzzling they open the gates for them to leave amoust our fans.

So the safety issue must be during the game and in concourses surely?

That just some welding and a segregation barrier needed am I right?

What would happen during bigger games, let’s say Pompey.

The police can currently close off access the that bit of the car park, put up barriers and keep fans apart.

I don’t know what happens at Leicester during their derby games, but as I believe, Hants OB want it that way.

What would happen during bigger games, let’s say Pompey.

The police can currently close off access the that bit of the car park, put up barriers and keep fans apart.

I don’t know what happens at Leicester during their derby games, but as I believe, Hants OB want it that way.

The bubble right? and we are talking one game only.

The problem is the way we are going that game could be later this year.

When has St Mary's ever been a fortress? away fans have always been in the same part as Palace were last night, there was no difference to any other game. They drowned out Itchen North because no one can be bothered to sing OWTS all the time! and Northam has slowly died over the last few season, too many tourists sitting in Itchen North and Northam so can't ever get a good atmosphere

Fortress, that's a joke? The dell was a fortress at times, St Marys is just like any other modern football bowl and devoid of much noise and passion, with fans not making any noise until the players put on a performance, thus currently its a bit of a catch 22 situation at St Marys.