Guido Carrillo

SuperSAINT

If you say so, I know nothing about him except that he's a bit part player at Leicester.

Yeah he's a good player and wants to play regularly. A real target man. Would thrive on some of the crosses that Bertie and Cedric whip into the box. Perhaps a loan option to buy at end of the season?

Guardian sports reporter on twitter now saying our 20mill bid has been rejected

**** em and move on. The prices being demanded of Prem clubs for out of favour players is getting out of hand. We are just a 20 strong cash cow to the other leagues.

Well if that's the case, then maybe we should go after Slimani instead. Already proven in PL and will be hungry to do well.

what's he proved though?

In all fairness it was a tough gig fitting into that Leicester team. Maybe he will prosper elsewhere, but I am not sure he is proven. He's played.

The first two were always unlikely, and increasingly so as we slide down the table.

Is there any point massively overpaying for Carrillo?

In his world yes, so he can slag them off with more venom because they cost more

They have rejected a 20 m bid so Les has not failed yet..

In his world yes, so he can slag them off with more venom because they cost more

They have rejected a 20 m bid so Les has not failed yet..

Has Les failed if the club make a valuation on a player and then offers that amount only to be turned down? Failed to sign him yes, but failed? If you value a player and then only get the player by paying twice as much (thereby reducing the funds to spend elsewhere) is that really success for a director? Just asking...

We're also trying to buy from a club who have absolutely no need for the money. But hey at least we've finally got a bid in! Almost like wee Ross was on holiday again like he was during that end of season review that seemed to drag on for about a month last summer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

£75 million for VVDick has killed us as far buying anyone else for a reasonable price is concerned.
Maybe so, but let's not beat anybody with a stick for that one. What were we meant to do, flog him off for 30 mill...

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Maybe so, but let's not beat anybody with a stick for that one. What were we meant to do, flog him off for 30 mill...

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I think we were meant to get our deals done early before the VVD transfer was announced or the very least got Liverpool to agree to keep the fee undisclosed instead the club were desperate to let everyone know just how much we flogged VVD for. So no surprise clubs will now try and fleece us.

I think we were meant to get our deals done early before the VVD transfer was announced or the very least got Liverpool to agree to keep the fee undisclosed instead the club were desperate to let everyone know just how much we flogged VVD for. So no surprise clubs will now try and fleece us.

Exactly - amateur negotiations from the club here really. So desperate to let everyone know we’d received a world record fee. Given we sold VVD before the window even opened it is outrageous, given our position, that we are going into the last week of the window without anyone secured (or even close by the sounds of it).

I understand that we are after a lad called Sammy something or other from Colchester. Bid £1m but so have Bournemouth. AM or striker who has knocked a few in this season but injury prone. Glad to see we have still got ambition to punch above our weight. Our season may yet be saved.

This guy?

Sammie Szmodics

Highly rated down in L2 tbf. But I would guess this is one for the U23's

**** em and move on. The prices being demanded of Prem clubs for out of favour players is getting out of hand. We are just a 20 strong cash cow to the other leagues.

Last week, Carrillo was valued at 15m euro's, this thread started with 17.5m, and now Monaco have rejected 20m euro's.

Epic work Les, you can't even sign a player who's massively overpriced.

Last week, Carrillo was valued at 15m euro's, this thread started with 17.5m, and now Monaco have rejected 20m euro's.

Epic work Les, you can't even sign a player who's massively overpriced.

Because throwing money at an overpriced, average player is a great idea. Yeah, well done Les

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This one will probably happen and sums up why we are in the mess we are in.

Make enquires / links with the below but typical of SFC these (dark) days we settle for the most underwhelming.

Balotelli

Walcott

Giroud

Dembele

Sturridge

Promes

Dzeko

Carrillo

Even Saints twitter legend Leandre Griffit has joined the no to Carillo camp tonight. "Not a fan" apparently.

The game's up, he's obviously sh it. Just get Gallagher and the Yeovil one back and be done with it. Bring on Leeds and Ipswich Town next year.

Even Saints twitter legend Leandre Griffit has joined the no to Carillo camp tonight. "Not a fan" apparently.

The game's up, he's obviously sh it. Just get Gallagher and the Yeovil one back and be done with it. Bring on Leeds and Ipswich Town next year.

Olomola came back beginning of Jan. Keep up

That's just ********, Liverpool paid over the odds for VVD to get him early. There was no way we were going to get our deals in early, it just doesn't happen to clubs like us, unless the player is desperate to join us and those type of players may not make the instant impact we need. Its not the VVD money that caused Monaco to up the price, they would have done it anyway, we are all looking for strikers so it's a sellers market.

Don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of a good old club bashing.

This one will probably happen and sums up why we are in the mess we are in.

Make enquires / links with the below but typical of SFC these (dark) days we settle for the most underwhelming.

Balotelli

Walcott

Giroud

Dembele

Sturridge

Promes

Dzeko

Carrillo

At what time in our history would we have bought those players.

That's just ********, Liverpool paid over the odds for VVD to get him early. There was no way we were going to get our deals in early, it just doesn't happen to clubs like us, unless the player is desperate to join us and those type of players may not make the instant impact we need. Its not the VVD money that caused Monaco to up the price, they would have done it anyway, we are all looking for strikers so it's a sellers market.

Don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of a good old club bashing.

No they didn't we were quite clear we valued him North of £70 million they paid a bit more (and in this day and age 5 million is hardly over the odds) because of the **** up they caused in the summer. You'd have to pretty blinkered not to except the VVD deal will colour other clubs view of how much we can afford to pay for players.

As for the reality of the situation. it is pretty obvious the club have ****ed up our transfer policy over three windows leaving us with a squad not good enough to compete in the top half of the league (though not so bad we should be contemplating relegation) Pelle left three windows ago and still hasn't been effectively replaced its a bit rich to try a make out we are struggling to find a big CF type of player because there aren't any available...for three transfer windows

but don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of your red and white tinted specs hey.

so, sturridge, Walcott and now Carrillo fallen through.

good old les.

Apparently we were never interested in Sturridge. Walcott clearly went for the money. Monaco have rejected our first bid for Carrillo which doesnt mean the deal is dead unless we dont raise our offer.

Good old Batman.

No they didn't we were quite clear we valued him North of £70 million they paid a bit more (and in this day and age 5 million is hardly over the odds) because of the **** up they caused in the summer. You'd have to pretty blinkered not to except the VVD deal will colour other clubs view of how much we can afford to pay for players.

As for the reality of the situation. it is pretty obvious the club have ****ed up our transfer policy over three windows leaving us with a squad not good enough to compete in the top half of the league (though not so bad we should be contemplating relegation) Pelle left three windows ago and still hasn't been effectively replaced its a bit rich to try a make out we are struggling to find a big CF type of player because there aren't any available...for three transfer windows

but don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of your red and white tinted specs hey.

Liverpool wanted him in the summer for £40m then upped it £75m and I would guess that for them to pay over the odds in relation to what they wanted to pay six months ago was because they wanted to get the deal done early.

Where did I say we have struggled to get a big CF in for three windows, I was answering your post about this window and your assertion that we should have got our signings already lined up and that we had asked Liverpool to keep the fee quiet until we had made our signings. But you think big bad Les could resist showing the world how brilliant he is. All ********.

You don't know any of that and none of it bears any resemblance to the reality of a transfer like VVD, seriously when have you every heard of a world record transfer fee being kept quiet for a month after the player has started playing for their new team.

Also do you really think a struggling team like Southampton is going to have players lining up to join them so they can get them in early in the transfer window. Players in our market will be waiting to see what deals they have been offered, their agents will be on the phone all month.

If we hadn't sold VVD Monaco would still try to squeeze as much out of us, we are in the richest league, we are in trouble, it's January and there are not many strikers on the market and he probably doesn't want to cone here. It's naive to think otherwise.

We have clearly ****ed up recently, the league table doesn't lie. Maybe we haven't wanted to buy a big CF, maybe we have tried to change our style which has failed. See how I offered that up as suggestions rather than a string of false facts, like you do but then I'm not desperate to moan about Les Reed which you lot are obsessed with.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Guido Carrillo