Guido Carrillo

SuperSAINT

If he’s there now, it’ll take a few days for he announcement videos. Gone are the days of a simple press conference unveiling.

Guess it depends on when we can find a gap in the diary of the SBS and the L.S.O to film the signing video !? (Or maybe we'll knock up another fancy cartoon?)

Guess it depends on when we can find a gap in the diary of the SBS and the L.S.O to film the signing video !? (Or maybe we'll knock up another fancy cartoon?)

His lawyers will also need a couple of days to go through the five pledges line by line, to make sure he can sign up to them.

His lawyers will also need a couple of days to go through the five pledges line by line, to make sure he can sign up to them.

So far, his lawyers have agreed to “supporting colleagues” and “embracing change”, but they need more discussion about “valuing diversity”...

At £19m, I can't help thinking we could have done better for our money.

Van Hanegem mentioned a Feyenoord striker linked with Newcastle. Having looked at the brief Youtube clips (yes, okay I know can't be relied upon but..) and read about him he did seem to have a bit more about his game than Carillo. Although to balance that perhaps Carillo hasn't had as much opportunity to showcase his talents at Monaco. So just have to trust Pellegrino's judgement.

We did incredibly well to sign him, when so many other clubs were interested, and he was such a bargain price. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, score the goals that keep us up please.

We did seem to have a clear run at this signing based on the noise in the media. Palace were credited with being interested in him back in December.

So was he one of the top targets on the famous black box and would we have signed him if Pellegrino wasn't in charge? Answers on a postcard please but somehow I think not.

Remember the black box always gives the manager a choice of targets in each position its just that the manager, somehow, always choose the one he has already worked with...

Out of interest if the black box finds the best options for each position when we typed in striker did not it come up with Harry Kane? I can just see MoPe going "yes Kane will do make it happen please Les"

So was he one of the top targets on the famous black box and would we have signed him if Pellegrino wasn't in charge? Answers on a postcard please but somehow I think not.

Just coincidence. Same as Koeman with Tadic, Classic and Pelle and Puel with Pied. Just coincidence you cynic.

Let's go Guido. Goals it is.

Couldn’t be less excited about a record signing

**** me. Why not write him off before he kicks a ball!!? As a Saints supporter, I am always interested and excited about a new player. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Welcome Guido Carrillo

Seems a little short. I was getting used to the 5 year contracts.

Quiet. Maybe it's a reflection of the fact that we've allowed a manager in a tenuous position to select a player of his choosing, and we don't want to get saddled with him (Carrillo) long-term in the event that Pellegrino is gone by the end of the season/next 12 months...whilst at the same time protecting his value as an asset somewhat.

Couldn’t be less excited about a record signing

yep. but i will support him and give him the time he needs to get used to PL football.

just hope that our fans don't boo him the way Pelle was booed after a 0-0 vs WBA back in 2014/15.

**** me. Why not write him off before he kicks a ball!!? As a Saints supporter, I am always interested and excited about a new player. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Welcome Guido Carrillo

Typical of this place though. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully can be similar to Lambert.

Welcome Guido Carrillo

I didn’t say I’m writing him off, I said I’m not excited about it. I’m also not excited about the rest of the season, our manager, our board, our owners, or championship football next season.

I didn’t say I’m writing him off, I said I’m not excited about it. I’m also not excited about the rest of the season, our manager, our board, our owners, or championship football next season.

Not having a go at you, but if there is no excitement, then what is the point of it all? Maybe you don't go to the games, but I have a ST so have to be positive about it, otherwise I wouldn't bother going.

Wish him well & hope he's good, but can't help feeling it will be another disaster to add to the list, hope I'm wrong, would you trust pellegrinos judgement? Seems lots of clubs were queuing up for his signature, we need goals, we already have two strikers with poor goal records

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Typical of this place though. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully can be similar to Lambert.

I took a look at one of his YouTube clips earlier. If we’re making comparisons, he seemed to me more Pelle than Lambert. I don’t care if he’s paddy mcginty’s donkey as long as he sticks the ball in the net.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Guido Carrillo