Guido Carrillo

SuperSAINT

So donkey means what then?

If you did`nt see much why make such a knee jerk post?

To seek alternative points of view, such as yours. See how this works?

That said, close control is something p!ayers usually have or don't have, and you can tell straight away. I'd be very surprised if he turns out to be the linking target man we were looking for on that evidence.

To seek alternative points of view, such as yours. See how this works?

That said, close control is something p!ayers usually have or don't have, and you can tell straight away. I'd be very surprised if he turns out to be the linking target man we were looking for on that evidence.

Not sure what game you were watching tbh.

He tried hard. Probably needs a bit of time to get up to speed with the league and the physicality. Not sure what it means for Sam Gallagher though (but that is no slight on carillo.

At worst, he is a target man version of shane long.

Was quite impressed with him to be honest, on a very bleak night. Was surprised how little he won in the air but he was up against two beasts in Dunk and Duffy to be fair.

Plus we went 4-4-2 and played through the middle. Why in gods name did he not just straight swap him for Long and maintain the formation. We were all over them in that first half. Our bloody DM's were getting 30seconds to think about shooting on the edge of the D ffs.

We put in so many crosses in the first half everyone just knew that we’d stop as soon as he came

on, and lo and behold we did just that.

I said it in the damn match thread. The switch to 4-4-2 was made far to early. We had them where we wanted them and just needed the big man to unsettle their defence. Did we use him for that when he came on... no! We just hoofed it long and hoped he'd win some flick ons. Its almost like the manager is trying to get paid off....

I almost feel sorry for him. But he's getting shed loads of dosh so I can't quite bring myself to it. Still, we look likely to completely **** away the best years of his career. He's moved here to play premier league football for a manager that knows and wants him... Reasonably likely that in 3months both those things will be changing :lol:

I said it in the damn match thread. The switch to 4-4-2 was made far to early. We had them where we wanted them and just needed the big man to unsettle their defence. Did we use him for that when he came on... no! We just hoofed it long and hoped he'd win some flick ons. Its almost like the manager is trying to get paid off....

I would have started the match with that, Brighton were there for the taking and we should have bombarded them from the off rather than playing with a (non scoring) single striker !

Things improved almost immediately after the half time subs were made and would have been even better had Tadic stayed on (instead of Davis) to give a supply line to Carrillo !

All IMHO of course !

One thing that stood out for me last night was a moment where he actually won a header in the Brighton box and the ball dropped somewhere near the penalty spot. I can't remember the last time Long did that. OK, on this occasion there was no-one there to latch onto it and Brighton cleared it, but that is something we have been missing so far this season. If he can develop an understanding with the other attacking players then we might actually manage to score a few goals from this threat.

I have only seen the highlights on the BEEB but the 2 glimpses I saw gave me some hope. The first was how he won a tackle and the second how he made a fantastic move into space where Davis so nearly put him in.

I know I will be in the very very very small minority but I would play Redmond alongside him, you then have a bit of pace up with him.

I have only seen the highlights on the BEEB but the 2 glimpses I saw gave me some hope. The first was how he won a tackle and the second how he made a fantastic move into space where Davis so nearly put him in.

I know I will be in the very very very small minority but I would play Redmond alongside him, you then have a bit of pace up with him.

of one!

I think Redmond is finished at this club due to his poor attitude

I liked the cut of his jib. Reminded me of Beattie in some games when he would start off haring around like a mad dog. Didn't achieve a great deal yesterday but showed promise and it was refreshing to see a player so obviously busting a gut to try and make something happen. My friend and I have christened him "Mad Dog" Carrillo, hoping he proves worthy of a nickname!

I liked the cut of his jib. Reminded me of Beattie in some games when he would start off haring around like a mad dog. Didn't achieve a great deal yesterday but showed promise and it was refreshing to see a player so obviously busting a gut to try and make something happen. My friend and I have christened him "Mad Dog" Carrillo, hoping he proves worthy of a nickname!

Think he will become a fan favorite . Monaco fans liked him because he always gave 100% percent chasing lost causes putting in some tackles.

His first action was a softly cushioned header behind him, expecting someone to run onto it. Very Pelle-esque. If Gabbi and him could ever make it onto the pitch at the same time from the start of a game, Gabbi is the sort of player who would love to play off a flick on like that i'd imagine.

I thought he had a decent 45 minutes. Didn't strike me as a £20m player though (on first impressions - too early to judge really). That said, what does anything under £20m buy you these days? (cue a list of decent players under £20m.... :) )

Funny, Murphy was saying how we had not signed anyone in the window and were in trouble.

Then Linekar mentions the new signing and Murphy looks a right ****, shuffling his sentence around the words "well, thats good then..."

As good as Jim White telling a Saints fans on the radio this morning "how great things were for Saints at the moment..."

Where do they get these people from?

Funny, Murphy was saying how we had not signed anyone in the window and were in trouble.

Then Linekar mentions the new signing and Murphy looks a right ****, shuffling his sentence around the words "well, thats good then..."

As good as Jim White telling a Saints fans on the radio this morning "how great things were for Saints at the moment..."

Probably from the same tip we scavenged this manager from. Probably a circus tip because all three are clowns and not the least bit funny.

Really painful viewing, would rather they'd just say 'we never watch the small teams so we don't have much to say'

The problem with these people is that they are only interested in the top 6. Fatty Samuels actually wrote quite a good article this week about the league becoming uncompetitive, focusing on Man City's spending. While he has one eye on the rest of football, his other is still on the big 6 and 5 of them being left behind by big spending City. They don't care about anyone else really, so don't know what is going on. van Dijk has left us and therefore for the time being we are of no news interest.

They are symptomatic of the problems of the PL. Samuels is wrong about the danger of the league becoming uncompetitive. There is no becoming about it. It has been uncompetitive for many years. Top 6 this year is easy. Top 6 next year and foreseeable future will be the same as last year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League has a good bit about the Big 6 in the 2010s. Of the top 4 finishes over the past 7 seasons 27 out of 28 places have been taken by them, with Leicester being the other. Leicester has done a massive disservice to football in giving the impression that anyone can win it. Journalists and the PL use it ad nauseam.

The boy done good so far. Leading the line, and even winn8ng a few headers - which ain’t easy against West Brom.

A good couple of attempts too. Getting in the right places.

They are the worst team in the Premier League. Who is he going to have it easier against???

They aren't the worst team in the league for winning aerial duels. Remember theirs is a squad essentially put together by Tony Pulis to outmuscle opponents. Pardew is largely using Pulis' squad.

Edited by Matthew Le God

He wins headers. That makes him better than most of our strikers.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt as it can't be easy adjusting.

And CB’s tbf. We have to be the weakest team in the league for defending crosses.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Guido Carrillo