Guido Carrillo

SuperSAINT

Kind of weird we have not given Gallagher a go, I mean granted he's not exactly banging in the goals, but then neither is this fella.

Plus Gallagher is bigger (if we are after this big lump up front) and younger, so more likely to improve, plus free, not £20 million.

Would suggest the manager is going no where then? Can't see us getting in a player so obviously tied to the current manager if we plan to sack him.

My thoughts exactly. Although we should have sacked the guy weeks ago if we were going to anyway.

Kind of weird we have not given Gallagher a go, I mean granted he's not exactly banging in the goals, but then neither is this fella.

Plus Gallagher is bigger (if we are after this big lump up front) and younger, so more likely to improve, plus free, not £20 million.

I expected Gallagher to be in around the team this season as a replacement for Jrod but his loan was for the season wasn't it? So we can't use him even if we wanted. Given our circumstances we need to get another striker through the door.

1) Gallagher cannot be recalled

2) Gallagher has 5 goals in his last 7 games. Moving him upfront rather than out wide has seen him become very dangerous in recent weeks

This one will probably happen and sums up why we are in the mess we are in.

Make enquires / links with the below but typical of SFC these (dark) days we settle for the most underwhelming.

Balotelli

Walcott

Giroud

Dembele

Sturridge

Promes

Dzeko

Carrillo

Good news that it's closer. This one always seemed the easier / more likely deal of the 2 to get over the line.

Yep.

Has a hamstring injury at the moment, so timing of the deal is less critical. Doubtful he'd start straight away, even if we wrapped up the deal earlier.
When I searched Monaco injury list he doesn't appear. Do you know for certain he's injured? Given our quick need for striker can't see us buying player with hamstring injury.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

This one will probably happen and sums up why we are in the mess we are in.

Make enquires / links with the below but typical of SFC these (dark) days we settle for the most underwhelming.

Balotelli

Walcott

Giroud

Dembele

Sturridge

Promes

Dzeko

Carrillo

Most of those are not big target men strikers. Carrillo is being signed as a replacement for the injured Austin.

btw still waiting for the sponsorship...

giphy.gif

Will the wait ever end? It has been nearly 3 weeks now! :?

What makes me happiest is we've nearly got 1 deal over the line we can hopefully go full bore on signing a winger AND a centre-back.

Odd logic. If it were simply that we couldn't work on more than one deal at a time, then why prioritise tyke Argentinean Shane Long over someone like Promes who is good and who would improve our first team.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on the CB situation, we've needed at least one for two seasons more!

Odd logic. If it were simply that we couldn't work on more than one deal at a time, then why prioritise tyke Argentinean Shane Long over someone like Promes who is good and who would improve our first team.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on the CB situation, we've needed at least one for two seasons more!

Given how opinionated you are agaisnt him, I assume you've seen him play a few times live? (in person or on TV) over the course of his career?

Ahh!! wondered how long it would take to have a pop at the lad, was`nt long was it... :rolleyes:

Given how opinionated you are agaisnt him, I assume you've seen him play a few times live? (in person or on TV) over the course of his career?

You only have to look at his stats ffs, 184 apps 43 goal in two very **** leagues. For comparison Long has 86 in 380, they're almost comparable. We need someone who can score, not a tall mate for MP.

When I searched Monaco injury list he doesn't appear. Do you know for certain he's injured? Given our quick need for striker can't see us buying player with hamstring injury.

It's not a serious injury, the Monaco forum believes he wasn't playing just to make sure it wasn't aggravated and for the deal to not be scuppered.

We're not going to waste £20M on another Austin who spends half his time on the treatment table.

Reported on Sunday on the Monaco forum:

"Pour ceux qui voyaient son absence comme un signe de départ, pour ce que ça vaut Jardim à annoncé après le match qu’il était blessé aux ischios".

Basically translates as:

For those who see his absence as a sign he's leaving, worth noting that Jardim (the manager) stated after the game he was injured with a hammie.

It's not a serious injury, the Monaco forum believes he wasn't playing just to make sure it wasn't aggravated and for the deal to not be scuppered.

We're not going to waste £20M on another Austin who spends half his time on the treatment table.

Just seen that post.

Edited by shurlock

You only have to look at his stats ffs, 184 apps 43 goal in two very **** leagues. For comparison Long has 86 in 380, they're almost comparable. We need someone who can score, not a tall mate for MP.

So, the answer to S-Clarke's question is 0 times then.

Maybe he will be good, maybe he will be ****. Won't know until we see him play for us.

@TeleFootball: Monaco agree to sell striker Guido Carrillo to Southampton for £19.2m | @JBurtTelegraph reports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/24/monaco-agree-sell-striker-guido-carrillo-southampton-192m/

Get a move on!

Monaco have agreed to sell striker Guido Carrillo to Southampton for €22 million (£19.2m). The deal has not yet been finalised but Carrillo is expected to make the move before the end of the January transfer window.

So no then, fair enough.

You had such a strong opinion on him I assumed you'd certainly seen him live.

Maybe (just maybe) the type of striker he is will actually enhance the other attacking players at the club?

Perhaps his hold up play will allow for more bodies to support attacks?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Guido Carrillo