Guido Carrillo

SuperSAINT

No idea. Unfortunate for him, not my problem. He ain't getting picked.

All I've said is I wish we'd sign someone who has been playing regularly and scoring regularly.

We've done it before with some success so call me bonkers but that's what I would have like to have seen us do again because it is perfectly possible.

When was the last time we signed a decent striker whilst we were in the PL

Depends how you rate Austin I suppose and of course Pelle..

So not many which was the point I was making getting really good ones is very difficult especially as they cost loads

Not much from the Academy either McGoldrick Blackstock Best good Championship strikers

If Austin was available most of the time I doubt we would be buying Guido now

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Les Reed went to Europe to buy a Citeron Belingo

instead he signed a striker

called Guido Carrillo

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Del, I see the old fruitcake Bangers has got you banned from The Ugly.

I'm unsure about this signing - I've never watched him play, and the stats seem to show whatever you want them to show. The reviews of him are mixed as well.

I guess it's just a case of hoping he's the big man to hold the ball up, with a good finish and good head on him.

Either way, think we just need to get behind him because there's **** all else to get behind at the moment...

When was the last time we signed a decent striker whilst we were in the PL

Austin

Pelle

Jay Rod was a great signing and got injured

Mane scored 20+ goals in the season before we signed him

All first choice regulars at the previous clubs.

Gabbiadini has turned out to be not a great signing but he wasn't first choice at his previous club. Funny that.

So not many which was the point I was making getting really good ones is very difficult especially as they cost loads

Not much from the Academy either McGoldrick Blackstock Best good Championship strikers

If Austin was available most of the time I doubt we would be buying Guido now

not many?

nearly all of the strikers we signed had good seasons before joining us.

apart from long and Gabbiadini

see the pattern?

Austin

Pelle

Jay Rod was a great signing and got injured

Mane scored 20+ goals in the season before we signed him

All first choice regulars at the previous clubs.

Gabbiadini has turned out to be not a great signing but he wasn't first choice at his previous club. Funny that.

I googled Osvaldo to see what his story was, but it don't seem to quite fit in. Fkn Osvaldo. Why has he always got to be different?

not many?

nearly all of the strikers we signed had good seasons before joining us.

apart from long and Gabbiadini

see the pattern?

Yes get good attacking players get good results praise the manager

Get bad attacking players get bad results blame the manager.

I just don't think it easy to buy in outstanding and consistent attacking players

Over the last 25 years we have managed to acquire what two or three whilst we were in the PL.

Every team in the World is looking for them and the better ones are unlikely to want to come here.

I think you have to realise that we are a second tier club that is bound to struggle from time to time

According to this, Monaco will be replacing Carillo with Slimani for €20M...

https://mobile.twitter.com/GFFN/status/956464340714098688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23956464340714098688

I’m a little surprised that we did not go for Slimani instead of Carillo. Perhaps Slimani is too old at 29 to fit the profile of a record Saints signing, but he had a decent goal scoring record with Sporting before becoming a Leicester bench warmer, and has experience playing in this league.

From FM Saints Researcher:

Best mins per goal return since the start of the 2016/17 Ligue 1 season (10+ goals):

1st - Edinson Cavani - 85.2

2nd - Alexandre Lacazette - 86

3rd - Neymar - 89.8

4th - Guido Carrillo - 91.1

He has started just two league games this season after missing a fair amount of last season through injury.

Is that one of MLG's garbage stats? Ignore him, he's clueless.

Typically when you see stats like this, it is standard practice for the player to have started a minimum number of games or played a minimum number of minutes. I see MLG has ditched this, no doubt to reach the conclusion he set out to achieve from the start.

Edited by shurlock

I googled Osvaldo to see what his story was, but it don't seem to quite fit in. Fkn Osvaldo. Why has he always got to be different?

That guy had so much talent and p*ssed it all up the wall. Could have been a great at SFC if his head wasn't so screwed up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GFFN/status/956464340714098688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23956464340714098688

I’m a little surprised that we did not go for Slimani instead of Carillo. Perhaps Slimani is too old at 29 to fit the profile of a record Saints signing, but he had a decent goal scoring record with Sporting before becoming a Leicester bench warmer, and has experience playing in this league.

In the Equipe piece about it all it states that Carrillo will be replaced by "un joueur de qualité superieure" whether than means the likes of Slimani I just couldn't say. I just do not understand this deal at all. One would think we're desperate to get money into Monaco because Carrillo just isn't worth 22 million euros.

From FM Saints Researcher:

Best mins per goal return since the start of the 2016/17 Ligue 1 season (10+ goals):

1st - Edinson Cavani - 85.2

2nd - Alexandre Lacazette - 86

3rd - Neymar - 89.8

4th - Guido Carrillo - 91.1

He has started just two league games this season after missing a fair amount of last season through injury.

Is that one of MLG's garbage stats? Ignore him, he's clueless.

Typically when you see stats like this, it is standard practice for the player to have started a minimum number of games or played a minimum number of minutes. I see MLG has ditched this, no doubt to reach the conclusion he set out to achieve from the start.

:mcinnes:

Actually I took it from whoscored.com and if you actually read it... it say the criteria is for players with at least 10 goals.

Slimani is crock, and a bag of ****e. Leicester fans would be overjoyed to get £20 million for him.

In fairness, Pellegrino tends to not inspire much confidence in anything.

I think thats where we are really isn't it...not many trust Pellegrino's judgement on players given his tactical nous shown this season.

In the past he would have been sacked long ago 17% win rate!!

Carillo if signed will have to win fans over on the pitch just because he is a Pellegrino signing.

Loads of other better choices IMO but won't write him off yet - I would have gone for Vokes(realistic bid), Slimani, Ineacho, Ulloa, Bathshuey? before this Guido chap.

Since the stat is minutes per goal, you only need one of the two as a qualifier

Could do. Either way, whether it’s minimum goals scored or minimum number of minutes, the threshold would have to be set a lot higher. Ten goals over nearly two seasons is a ludicrously low bar. The idea of comparing the stats Cavani who starts every game for PSG and thus racked up over 50 goals with Carrillo who scraped over the 10 goal threshold is pony.

I don't think Carrillo's (presumably pronounced Car-ree-zhoh) stats can tell us a great deal.

He's only scored in 2 separate league matches all season. But his time on this pitch in each match is (in ascending order): 0, 2, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 18, 28, 36, 45, 45, 45*, 61, 90*.

* matches he scored (2) in.

You'd hope he might have found the scoresheet a bit more in the cameo appearances but it's not really a lot to judge on, for better or worse.

I think thats where we are really isn't it...not many trust Pellegrino's judgement on players given his tactical nous shown this season.

In the past he would have been sacked long ago 17% win rate!!

Carillo if signed will have to win fans over on the pitch just because he is a Pellegrino signing.

Loads of other better choices IMO but won't write him off yet - I would have gone for Vokes(realistic bid), Slimani, Ineacho, Ulloa, Bathshuey? before this Guido chap.

I wouldn’t suggest Vokes when questioning someone else’s judgement if I were you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t suggest Vokes when questioning someone else’s judgement if I were you.

The only one who questions other fans is you because your head is so far up Puels arse you cant see whats in front of you. Constantly having a pop.

Who scored Burnleys winner down here and changed game....why would we want him?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The only one who questions other fans is you because your head is so far up Puels arse you cant see whats in front of you. Constantly having a pop.

TBF Glen Murray and Peter Crouch have scored against us this season and I wouldn't want them to sign for us either.

TBF Glen Murray and Peter Crouch have scored against us this season and I wouldn't want them to sign for us either.
Nope if you are limiting it to that . I was coming from holds it up , target man, ready to go doesnt need time to get used to pace. Not bad scoring record and wont cost arm and leg. Ideal if we go down too.

Nope if you are limiting it to that . I was coming from holds it up , target man, ready to go doesnt need time to get used to pace. Not bad scoring record and wont cost arm and leg. Ideal if we go down too.

I would have Crouch back thinking on it you need varieties in games.

Agreed, why would we want him.

Sell VvD, use some of the money to sign Sam Voges, are you smoking crack?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Guido Carrillo