The "Return of Theo Walcott" thread

Bad Wolf

Read the last line of your post. I got absolutely lambasted for suggesting this a couple of years ago. They are cutting it fie, but if we finish 17th its job done, but with out the extra bonus of higher league positions.

I don`t really think you need it explaining again surely but i will try again, the difference between Saint86 and you is that you have been posting it for years with zero accuracy and

he just feels the need to post it once.

Every time another player chooses another team over us people say "he's only went there for higher wages" or something to that effect. Well if that's the reason every time, then match their wages or accept our place in the pecking order, it's simple. Pay up or get what's in our price range, we always be bypassed if we don't pay up.

It is most likely to be the truth though

I don`t really think you need it explaining again surely but i will try again, the difference between Saint86 and you is that you have been posting it for years with zero accuracy and

he just feels the need to post it once.

I have been posting at regular intervals examples of our gradual and potential decline due to complacency. I have been proved right. I am not a 'Jonny Come Lately'. No, I saw all the trends that people are now retrospectively talking about and you know it.

I’m predicting the following quote from Les on the 31st of January:

“Having left Saints 12 years ago this month, we are delighted to welcome back 41 year old Brett Ormerod. Brett was always our first priority in this transfer window and Mauricio is a great admirer of his one non-scoring appearance for Padiham FC.”

Brett will then give a exclusive interview to Jordan Sibley about how impressed he is with the facilities at Staplewood.

Genuinely, why do people think Walcott is any better to Redmond? He's been poor for years. If he hadn't played here, you wouldn't want him.

I equate him to Lazar Markovic, or last season's Jesus Navas, in as much as you wouldn't really want him here - squad filler from a bigger club.

The fact we've missed out on him is rubbish from the club, but I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

I don't really think we need players massively to get out of this - maybe a striker. We definitely do need a new Manager though.

I have been posting at regular intervals examples of our gradual and potential decline due to complacency. I have been proved righ[/b]t. I am not a 'Jonny Come Lately'. No, I saw all the trends that people are now retrospectively talking about and you know it.

Not yet but possibly.... all i know is you bang the same drum season in season out with little accuracy, this season is the closest you have ever been and that still

could turn out wrong....

someone turn off the lights at St Marys and put a closed sign up. Another English club sold to a foreign owner clearly only interested in taking as much money out of the club as possible!

Not possible due to the lights,the switches that control them and the wiring in between being sold to Liverpool.The club however are in the process of getting cheaper replacements in but this will take time and negotiations.

It's a bummer to miss out on Walcott but I don't understand how anyone can be angry at the club for losing out to Everton. They're a better team and bigger, richer club. It's not like he's going to Swansea.

I would agree that its not right to blame the club he didn't sign..they could have dismissed the rumours though and not raised expectations.

It was never going to happen and if Reed ever believed it would happen then,like the Tuchel incident ( if you believe we were after him) or you believe the Toby A. incident (where its alleged Reed believed he was coming here and then went to Spurs) then he is deluded and in the wrong job.

Genuinely, why do people think Walcott is any better to Redmond? He's been poor for years. If he hadn't played here, you wouldn't want him.

I equate him to Lazar Markovic, or last season's Jesus Navas, in as much as you wouldn't really want him here - squad filler from a bigger club.

The fact we've missed out on him is rubbish from the club, but I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

I don't really think we need players massively to get out of this - maybe a striker. We definitely do need a new Manager though.

Yeah, I would take no signings and a decent manager over continuing with the current manager and adding players with dubious injury records like Walcott and Sturridge.

Money what a load of ****

Relegation what a load of ****

Fee what a load of ****

What this has come down to is one manager came out to

the media and said he "really wants him, would love to have him and feels he'd make a real difference to the team."

The other (pellegrino) just mumbled about it, said "he's interesting but lots of targets and it's difficult"...Or whatever the **** he said.

You're a player, which one are you gonna pick seriously?

Southampton had this in the bag and everton have

stolen the show.

Fee what a load of ****

the media and said he "really wants him, would love to have him and feels he'd make a real difference to the team."

The other (pellegrino) just mumbled about it, said "he's interesting but lots of targets and it's difficult"...Or whatever the **** he said.

stolen the show.

Hi Jack! :)

Yeah, I would take no signings and a decent manager over continuing with the current manager and adding players with dubious injury records like Walcott and Sturridge.

Me too, surely most of us would. It’s clear he isn’t the only problem but equally clear he’s the biggest problem.

Fee what a load of ****

stolen the show.

That is utter, utter bol_loxs.

It is simply to do with not wanting to get relegated and money. Lots and lots of money.

If we'd have won a few games he would have signed but as I said last week, that changed with our recent results so he's ensuring he plays in the top flight and gets paid far too much for it.

Indeed. The Walcott and Sturridge 'bids' were just a smokescreen anyway. More lowered expectations from the Board. "Well we tried, Theo just wouldn't come to such a small club".

Meanwhile, our '2nd choice' below par center forward from Monaco becomes accepted, even though he's less than Bang average and picked directly by Pellegrino (though a couple of weeks back when i warned of this, people 'informed' me Saints managers don't pick players. Huh.).

Meanwhile, more and more 'easy mark customers' post how great it will be to go down and see slipping through the leagues as a badge of honour.

Change up or go down, this is panning out just right for relegation.

Fee what a load of ****

stolen the show.

You absolute clown.

Personally gutted this hasn't gone through- if we were ever going to sign a big name on big money with no sell-on fee this was the one. It made sense all round and seemeddo-able.

Would have given the club, fans and the city a real boost.

Another fu ck up on the way to the Championship.

Indeed. The Walcott and Sturridge 'bids' were just a smokescreen anyway. More lowered expectations from the Board. "Well we tried, Theo just wouldn't come to such a small club".

Meanwhile, our '2nd choice' below par center forward from Monaco becomes accepted, even though he's less than Bang average and picked directly by Pellegrino (though a couple of weeks back when i warned of this, people 'informed' me Saints managers don't pick players. Huh.).

Meanwhile, more and more 'easy mark customers' post how great it will be to go down and see slipping through the leagues as a badge of honour.

The role-call of names leaked to the media, FFS!

- Sturridge

- Theo Walcott

- Luke Shaw

- Cenk Tosun

- Alfie Mawson

- Sessegnon

- Benteke

Personally gutted this hasn't gone through- if we were ever going to sign a big name on big money with no sell-on fee this was the one. It made sense all round and seemeddo-able.

Would have given the club, fans and the city a real boost.

Another fu ck up on the way to the Championship.

There's a lovely sense of symmetry with Theo. Almost 12 years to the day (20 Jan)

- Left us 6 months season after a relegation.

- Rejected us 6 months before a relegation.

I would agree that its not right to blame the club he didn't sign..they could have dismissed the rumours though and not raised expectations.

It was never going to happen and if Reed ever believed it would happen then,like the Tuchel incident ( if you believe we were after him) or you believe the Toby A. incident (where its alleged Reed believed he was coming here and then went to Spurs) then he is deluded and in the wrong job.

Sometimes I feel alone in not having my expectations raised when Saints say they're working on a deal, or don't rule it out. If we'd played down the rumours then Reed would have got more stick for not even trying to get him.

Edited by DuncanRG

I can almost smell a Telegraph piece being drawn up as we speak.

I almost always lean towards giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I'm now prepared to have the de facto position that any Telegraph article mentioning the word 'confident' is as damning a piece of information as you can get. I used to have confidence/belief in those statements, then that trust(?) wained due to several contradictory consequences, and now I'll simply see it as confirmation of delusion/confirmation of the opposite result of what is suggested will be happening. One can only assume Reed is behind these sorts of articles, or those very close to him, and the tremendous amount of respect/admiration I once held for him has pretty much evaporated. He/They just seem so out of touch with what is actually happening (in many aspects of the club, but obviously these articles pertain to transfer targets and player retention). Sounds a bit melodramatic, I know, but it's hard to maintain respect for someone who's continually caught spouting bullsh*t.

Having a medical at Everton today. I ****ing hate this club atm. Absolute shambles.

I’m sure Leslie is doing a professional job with the due diligence with Ross Wilson and as always, is remaining calm and hopeful about securing our number one transfer targets.

Pair of wastemen

Unfortunately there are a number of naive / idiotic posters on here who fully believe the clubs PR. A few really need to get their head out of the sand.

We have become awfully run and we still have a number of people making excuses for them.

The only positive I can see about going down is that it will lose Kat and Mr Gao a lot of money. Greedy ****s.

Unfortunately there are a number of naive / idiotic posters on here who fully believe the clubs PR. A few really need to get their head out of the sand.

We have become awfully run and we still have a number of people making excuses for them.

The only positive I can see about going down is that it will lose Kat and Mr Gao a lot of money. Greedy ****s.

I doubt Kat really cares, she's got her wedge now. Given what her father paid for us, it's paid her back in bundles.

You and I remember supporting an awfully run club. Get with it.

To be honest, the ownership is the one that scares me if we go down, because we have no clue what cash they do (or don't) have.

Add what we get for vvd plus the money we make this season in prize/TV money and that could pretty much clear most of Gao's loan and that's without next seasons parachute payments , So he'd pretty much get a Championship team for free !

Theo Walcott puts finishing touches to £20 million Everton move after getting green light from Arsene Wenger | @Matt_Law_DT reports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/16/theo-walcott-puts-finishing-touches-20-million-everton-move/

Walcott underwent a medical at Finch Farm and was due to sign a contract worth around £100,000 a week, having chosen Everton over his former club Southampton. Both clubs matched Arsenal’s asking price, but Everton manager Sam Allardyce impressed Walcott with his plans for him and the rest of the team.

Theo Walcott puts finishing touches to £20 million Everton move after getting green light from Arsene Wenger | @Matt_Law_DT reports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/16/theo-walcott-puts-finishing-touches-20-million-everton-move/

Without doubt they will be paying him more as well, but you can't escape the fact that Allardyce would put on a more convincing sales pitch than Les trotting out the cliches, or the Pellegrino could muster.