The "Return of Theo Walcott" thread

Bad Wolf

Wenger does this all the time. Theo needs to tell Wenger he wants out, this month, not be distracted by suggestions of more game time in future.

Very true. I remember Walcott saying he wanted to play down the middle when he signed his last contract. Wenger played him there a few times, Walcott signed his deal, then Wenger f*cked him off out of it.

Frankly, if Walcott commands £100k a week and Arsenal want something like £20million, I'd rather just play Josh Sims.

Completely agree. Sadly I think Walcott’s best days are behind him now, don’t want us to spend our limited funds on him.

Wenger has also just flogged Coq to Spain.

If he hasn't already gone he's just about to to Valencia another player bell end Sullivan has missed.

Theo needs to throw a wobbler but he won't because

mustn't upset jack Wilshire though.

Well they're not favourites as the bookies still have us as faves. Les does need to pull his finger out though and make something happen.

Looks like something fed to the press by Everton to be honest.

That said, Everton are willing to throw money around at the moment.

Do we really want Walcott to come back as Manchester United wanting Pogba to come back for $85m?

He is only an used sub at the yesterday match against Chelsea. Do we really want to rescue his career at his age of 28? However, he've got what he wanted: money.

Are we also going to buy back Shaw and Chamber, as they have no chance to shine and have no game time in the big club, when they turn 28, at a price higher than we sell, to rescue their careers? If so, what is the point of selling them? Are we idlot?

Well they're not favourites as the bookies still have us as faves. Les does need to pull his finger out though and make something happen.

If Les can persuade Walcott to accept half the wages that he will get at Everton, he is a miracle worker. If not, people will call for his head.

Saints fans who think we can afford Walcott are living in a fantasy world.

All a smokescreen when the real impact across the whole team would be through hiring a manager who actually knows what he's doing. Our inability to realise this, at board level, rather than at everyone else's, will certainly send us down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Telegraph & Crossy saying Everton are going to bid £20m for him and will match his wages whilst we want him to take a wage cut and join a relegation battle.

Reedo and Wee Ross will remain "hopeful" but I hope they have some other ideas as this one isn't happening which is a shame as his goal record from out wide is excellent.

If we had to spend the best part of £20m and offer £100-110k a week wages, who would people want? Walcott or Hernandez?

At those prices and salaries I think I'd pass on both of them. Try to find a younger man with a bit more oomph left in the tank.

Theo looked a bit light on pace in the Cup game against Norwich on a couple of occasions.

If we had to spend the best part of £20m and offer £100-110k a week wages, who would people want? Walcott or Hernandez?

West Ham don't play to Hernandez's strengths like we don't play to Gabbiadini's, and seeing as they are similar players it would be pointless us trying to get him.

You are all quite, quite mad. Walcott is a busted flush who has lost his pace and has a pretty horrendous injury record. Not even an upgrade on Redmond. Hopefully this is just the usual lazy paper talk.

Well isn't that what I've just said ? So I'm not mad then.. You're right though. people seem desperate to sign "big names" who are at the end of the line. We should be looking for another Mané type player, same price range would be handy as well.

Iheanacho. He’d rip up the Championship next season. :D

I’d rather neither for that money, but Walcott would give us more in a relegation battle than Hernandez.

What a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps Leslie has been leaking the Everton interest as he will then seem like a persuasive wizard and hero once he unveils Walcott to his adoring fans?

Or this could be just more of the bull**** Southampton way

Either way #WeMarchOn

Perhaps Leslie has been leaking the Everton interest as he will then seem like a persuasive wizard and hero once he unveils Walcott to his adoring fans?

Or this could be just more of the bull**** Southampton way

Either way #WeMarchOn

Or he realises he should've closed the deal by now & now someone else has beaten him to the punch?

Well isn't that what I've just said ? So I'm not mad then.. You're right though. people seem desperate to sign "big names" who are at the end of the line. We should be looking for another Mané type player, same price range would be handy as well.

Yes very true never thought Walcott was that good a player just a lot of pace without the football nous

Always thought OXO was the better player as I remember him scoring two goals in a match one a lob when we were in Div1 which I thought showed great skill and awareness

I think Walcott is exactly one half of who we need to sign in a forward position, Balotelli would be my preferred choice as the other half. Even if it costs the whole 75m of the VVD money all in then it's worth the small gamble. Swapping a CB performing below normal standards and not really having any influence this season and replacing with 2 players who could fairly comfortably add 15-20 Goals and assists between them is a huge positive.

It strikes me that Reed is stuck in the sell high buy low cycle and more business balance sheet influenced than football balance sheet and this must change at least temporarily otherwise we are ******.

Those who are better than Walcott NOW, not in 2-3 years, would cost 40+ and outside of our reach. The last 2 28/29 year olds we bought (I think I'm right here) did very well....Lambert and pelle. We should not always just buy in the 22-25 age bracket.

Great business leaders (because that is what I have no doubt Reed sees himself as now) recognise the need for a fluid plan and strategy bjt I think Reed believes that he has sussed it and can do the same for ever more. Or if not he certainly is reacting far too slowly for the market he is shopping in.

Just pay over the top for once!!!!

I think Walcott is exactly one half of who we need to sign in a forward position, Balotelli would be my preferred choice as the other half. Even if it costs the whole 75m of the VVD money all in then it's worth the small gamble. Swapping a CB performing below normal standards and not really having any influence this season and replacing with 2 players who could fairly comfortably add 15-20 Goals and assists between them is a huge positive.

It strikes me that Reed is stuck in the sell high buy low cycle and more business balance sheet influenced than football balance sheet and this must change at least temporarily otherwise we are ******.

Those who are better than Walcott NOW, not in 2-3 years, would cost 40+ and outside of our reach. The last 2 28/29 year olds we bought (I think I'm right here) did very well....Lambert and pelle. We should not always just buy in the 22-25 age bracket.

Great business leaders (because that is what I have no doubt Reed sees himself as now) recognise the need for a fluid plan and strategy bjt I think Reed believes that he has sussed it and can do the same for ever more. Or if not he certainly is reacting far too slowly for the market he is shopping in.

Just pay over the top for once!!!!

Not sure it’s paying over the top - ideally his wages would be 30% lower but ultimately he’s based and proven in this country and that’s reflected in the price. He’s also been on the radar a while, so there’s nothing rash or reactive about this. He’s barely started any games this season, so necessarily lacking in match fitness and sharpness. But only last season he started 29 games and scored 19 goals. Many players have gone off the boil under Wenger in recent years, including Sanchez. Walcott isn't in that league, of course, and there are aspects of his game that are frustrating but he could certainly do a job here. I wish it was as easy as going out and looking for another Mané, as some idiots are proposing.

Edited by shurlock

David ornstein from bbc backs up what has already been discussed on here.

Everton lead race due to wilingness to meet asking fee and wages. Both clubs have held high level talks with arsenal.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I'm in two minds about Walcott at the right price he'd be a useful addition but paying over the odds on transfer and wages for a injury prone player, who relies on pace and heading towards the latter stages of his career doesn't seem sensible.

Shame to miss out on Walcott, especially as the club have pushed his name to their favoured journalists very heavily of late.

We aren't going to get anyone more PL proven/ready than him.

Everton needed a striker this window and went and got one early. They are now seemingly signing our top target. Fair play to them.