The "Return of Theo Walcott" thread

Bad Wolf

We can claim the moral high ground having not buckled to wage demands...from the championship. Hard to criticise Theo - why would anyone with a grain of ambition left come to this place? Most only come here with a plan to get another move in 12 or 18 months time. A bit of a gamble if we go down given the top 6 only tend to buy off the shelf prem players - not washed up turds from the champ.

That is utter, utter bol_loxs.

It is simply to do with not wanting to get relegated and money. Lots and lots of money.

If we'd have won a few games he would have signed but as I said last week, that changed with our recent results so he's ensuring he plays in the top flight and gets paid far too much for it.

^ load of ****

Was nothing to do with money ffs!!

Anyway as you were... :)

Indeed. The Walcott and Sturridge 'bids' were just a smokescreen anyway. More lowered expectations from the Board. "Well we tried, Theo just wouldn't come to such a small club".

Meanwhile, our '2nd choice' below par center forward from Monaco becomes accepted, even though he's less than Bang average and picked directly by Pellegrino (though a couple of weeks back when i warned of this, people 'informed' me Saints managers don't pick players. Huh.).

Meanwhile, more and more 'easy mark customers' post how great it will be to go down and see slipping through the leagues as a badge of honour.

Change up or go down, this is panning out just right for relegation.

I think three more Les moves up the ladder at Saints, the more bizarre things come.

I think I preferred it when he was the head of sports development or what ever it was

In the BBC article it says "Walcott is also enticed by the prospect of Toffees manager Sam Allardyce helping to reignite his career."

Looks like he has no confidence in M.P. etc. doing the same for him then?

Surely that's just PR spin fed to the media??

In the BBC article it says "Walcott is also enticed by the prospect of Toffees manager Sam Allardyce helping to reignite his career."

Looks like he has no confidence in M.P. etc. doing the same for him then?

About right I wouldn’t have the confidence in M.P being able to boil a kettle

He was never being bought. It was a loan with the option to buy him later.

Arsenal wanted to sell him. Southampton made an identical offer to what he earns now at Arsenal.

He was in the bag, Allardyce made his mind up.

The latest telegraph article suggests that we matched Evertons offer of £20 million and both were accepted. So no chance that Theo could possibly have a last minute change of heart? Any other news of incomings I wonder because we need a lift!

Theo Walcott puts finishing touches to £20 million Everton move after getting green light from Arsene Wenger | @Matt_Law_DT reports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/16/theo-walcott-puts-finishing-touches-20-million-everton-move/

So both clubs matched the asking price according to this but Allardyce impressed Walcott with his plans for him and the rest of the team.

Sounds like Walcott has merely joined the ranks of everyone other than the Saints board and a few isolated supporters, in being unimpressed with Pellegrino and what he has done to the side. I’m not sure how many more signals the board needs, to understand they are backing a loser.

So both clubs matched the asking price according to this but Allardyce impressed Walcott with his plans for him and the rest of the team.

Sounds like Walcott has merely joined the ranks of everyone other than the Saints board and a few isolated supporters, in being unimpressed with Pellegrino and what he has done to the side. I’m not sure how many more signals the board needs, to understand they are backing a loser.

Absolutely this!

The latest telegraph article suggests that we matched Evertons offer of £20 million and both were accepted. So no chance that Theo could possibly have a last minute change of heart? Any other news of incomings I wonder because we need a lift!

You're asking the wrong person.

Please don't give that guy the airtime.

Unfortunately there are a number of naive / idiotic posters on here who fully believe the clubs PR. A few really need to get their head out of the sand.

We have become awfully run and we still have a number of people making excuses for them.

The only positive I can see about going down is that it will lose Kat and Mr Gao a lot of money. Greedy ****s.

Yes, and I have been warning about this for years.

He was never being bought. It was a loan with the option to buy him later.

Arsenal wanted to sell him. Southampton made an identical offer to what he earns now at Arsenal.

He was in the bag, Allardyce made his mind up.

Incorrect.

Theo would not come to saints because of our perilous position in the Premier League.

No other reason.

All other conditions were met.

And he was assured of further investment by Everton to push on to not only Maintain PL status...but to move forward.

That is the overriding factor.

Everton want to look ahead to compete in the PL.

We are looking to consolidate and....well,just tick along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which could explain why we are struggling to land any of our targets. Kat and Chairman Gao would not want us to get relegated as it would badly impact their investments, so I'm surprised they haven't acted before now. Gao hasn't built up his business based on badly run sports clubs with terrible PR, so maybe action will now be taken.

Theo would not come to saints because of our perilous position in the Premier League.

No other reason.

All other conditions were met.

And he was assured of further investment by Everton to push on to not only Maintain PL status...but to move forward.

That is the overriding factor.

Everton want to look ahead to compete in the PL.

We are looking to consolidate and....well,just tick along.

You seem to not realise that we are a small to medium sized provincial club, somewhat different to EFC. Maybe the sooner you realise that, you will understand why EFC can trump us. This sort of entitlement to finish 7th every year is somewhat misplaced (and apologies if you don't think we should be finishing top 10/top 7 or 8 every year).

You seem to not realise that we are a small to medium sized provincial club, somewhat different to EFC. Maybe the sooner you realise that, you will understand why EFC can trump us. This sort of entitlement to finish 7th every year is somewhat misplaced (and apologies if you don't think we should be finishing top 10/top 7 or 8 every year).

Thanks Ralph. We will be relegated with that mentality.

Thanks Ralph. We will be relegated with that mentality.

Reminded me more of Ian Branfoot and his "Southampton can't afford to live in the same street as Leeds Utd and our supporters have got to realise it".

Seems nothing has changed since 1992.

If you want to keep your head buried up your arsé that's your wont. But we are a smallish club, and cannot splash out £45m on players like EFC have done.

God you really are a miserable person. Typical saints fan ambition is a bad word.

No, not a lot has changed since 1992. Everton were a much richer club than us then, and still are now. Or maybe you are advocating spending like Leeds did - that ended well for them, didn't it?

No absolutely not, although I suspect that NC might have taken us that route had KL not sought to rein him in.

No absolutely not, although I suspect that NC might have taken us that route had KL not sought to rein him in.

Alas, that is something that we will never know. It would have been fun for a while, but then the consequences would likely have come back and bit us on the backside. I am sure Leeds loved their run in the PL and CL.

Alas, that is something that we will never know. It would have been fun for a while, but then the consequences would likely have come back and bit us on the backside. I am sure Leeds loved their run in the PL and CL.

You do realise how much sky give us every year right?